Sankeys dress code

alistair

Hola,

Off to Sankeys next month to see the man like. Never been to Sankeys before, anyone know if I can dance the night away in comfort (and style) in my adidas or are shoes the order of the day???

Thanks in advance

Hola,

Off to Sankeys next month to see the man like. Never been to Sankeys before, anyone know if I can dance the night away in comfort (and style) in my adidas or are shoes the order of the day???

Thanks in advance

When I went to Sankeys back in September for Danny Tenaglia we all got in fine in t shirts and trainers mate. In fact they where turning away men in shirts and shoes!

When I went to Sankeys back in September for Danny Tenaglia we all got in fine in t shirts and trainers mate. In fact they where turning away men in shirts and shoes!

I remember. In fact, the bouncer told me he was doing me a favour letting me in a Diesel t-shirt with a collar because they don't allow shirts!:lol:

yep that sounds about right...i worked at sankeys for nearly a year,and they do have tendency of being picky about being 'over dressed'..:rolleyes:

T shirt and trainers was fine when i went but Mylo was playing so i spose they had to relax the dress code a bit for all the commeners to get in!

yep that sounds about right...i worked at sankeys for nearly a year,and they do have tendency of being picky about being 'over dressed'..:rolleyes:

that's because it's VITAL to keep out the townie beerboys

think about it - duh!

oh i get it now...but hey lets just let in all the scallies so long as their draped in prada/armani??mmm....very logical!

management at decent clubs invariably brief bouncers on what real clubbers wear - the tees, the trainers, the combats, the stussy, the army caps - ie essential clubbing clobber

you can tell a mile off if someone is a/ a wrong 'un or b/some clueless fukker who doesn't know his frankie knuckles from his frankie valli

I accept it's hard for clubs on the quiet nights in a recession - but do you take the risk? I personally think it's better to have a quiet night than ruin your reputation with the true believers, which will spell curtains for you longterm

management at decent clubs invariably brief bouncers on what real clubbers wear - the tees, the trainers, the combats, the stussy, the army caps - ie essential clubbing clobber

you can tell a mile off if someone is a/ a wrong 'un or b/some clueless fukker who doesn't know his frankie knuckles from his frankie valli

I accept it's hard for clubs on the quiet nights in a recession - but do you take the risk? I personally think it's better to have a quiet night than ruin your reputation with the true believers, which will spell curtains for you longterm
yep it is a risk...but the truth is that most club owners panic when numbers are down.. and if you put that together with their pixie dust running run low,the situation can very quickly become a catastrophe..

a friend of mine went to passion coalville a few years back and said it was dead, so in order to try and make it look fuller, the club put up a load of inflatable dancing stickmen to fill the gaps on the floor...

:D

I would not get to upset for the promoter at Sankeys, I have it on good authority he is a complete c0ck!

Saw him in there once, god damn acting like he owned the place...

I believe his ex partner in Sankeys, Sasha (now of the Warehouse Project) is a far nicer kettle of fish.

I would not get to upset for the promoter at Sankeys, I have it on good authority he is a complete c0ck!

I believe his ex partner in Sankeys, Sasha (now of the Warehouse Project) is a far nicer kettle of fish.
yep he is a complete tosser!!!..and he does own the place now...

stussy isn't just a brand, it's a way of life - see also carhartt - will still be worn when we're raving in old people's homes

the tricky one for me though is trainers - a lot of people wear Vans and converse, neither of which I can stand, so I stick to FILA. bona fide dancefloor classics.

i love how you say "i have it on good authority" on nearly every subject that gets discussed. :lol::lol::lol:

besides, dave vincent is about the biggest roger hunt in the industry (after above & beyond, erick morillo and another lady who will remain nameless), so it's hardly a secret.

Back