San Sebastian, Bilbao, Biarritz

Make sure you book your table WELL in advance if you want to visit Arzak.

Be careful and dont be too adventurous with the Pintxo's, last time I was there I got food poisoning:cry:

the best bar food in the world. i went last year and never sat down once. the craic in bilbao is unbelievable - gourmet food and lashings of ale in tiny portions for next to nothing. bar after bar after bar.

obviously the guggenheim is a must - it's the law, and the 'cathedral' san malmes, all fervour and corrugated iron, knocks the camp nou into a cocked hat!

the best bar food in the world. i went last year and never sat down once. the craic in bilbao is unbelievable - gourmet food and lashings of ale in tiny portions for next to nothing. bar after bar after bar.

obviously the guggenheim is a must - it's the law, and the 'cathedral' san malmes, all fervour and corrugated iron, knocks the camp nou into a cocked hat!

Ta - did you blog your trip? Bilbao sounds muchos fun. I've told mrs undercover that she can own the days (history, beaches, museums) so long as I own the nights 8). Can not wait to go bar to bar.

Saturday nights are the best to be visiting all the bars.

Amazing atmosphere.

Enjoy.

Be sure to order the "Tasting Menu" in Arzak and bring your credit card.....its not cheap:eek:

Saturday nights are the best to be visiting all the bars.

Amazing atmosphere.

Enjoy.

Be sure to order the "Tasting Menu" in Arzak and bring your credit card.....its not cheap:eek:

Have you been (to Arzak)?

I've been the the fat duck in the UK - similar thing, 3* tasting menu - and whilst yes it is expensive I did not feel that I had been taken advantage of as it was literally 15-20 courses of heaven sent food, over nearly 4 hours.

Yes I was there about 3 years ago. Tasting menu was like 8 courses tho. Small enough inside so thats why its important you book ahead

Cool, a man of taste evidently.

Thats me allright......... Champagne tastes but lemonade pockets:)

Was a romantic weekend away with my Fiance who likes her gastronomic pleasures. I also have a liking for the yummy chicken kebab's sold in La Troya in San Antonio, not too far from the Ship Inn. Not a Kebab lover but each holiday I try to visit there for my yearly Kebab.

San Sebastian and the Arzac were recommended to me by an Ibicenco barman in Calla Llonga. Only good thing that I ever picked up in Calla Llonga. Amazing what you can learn when you talk to the locals.

Back