San Antonio Walks

Herbie

I am staying in San Antonio this summer for 5 days and have a spare day. I’d like to do a bit of exploring but prefer walking so no car or bike. Can anybody suggest some good spots I can reach by foot? I won’t be going out the night before so will be up and out early feeling fresh. Hidden beaches, caves, high spots with good views that kind of thing would be great.

as an idea, you could pretty much follow the coastline in northern direction (with a few exceptions where you can't walk along the shore) and walk to cala salada. and then take the bus back from there. almost exactly a year ago I did a one-way walk from san antonio up to santa ines. it's a fantastic 20km hike, but I'm not sure I'd wanna do this in the summer heat! that's why I'm suggesting you do the bit up to cala salada.

feel free to PM me if you need more info.

as an idea, you could pretty much follow the coastline in northern direction (with a few exceptions where you can't walk along the shore) and walk to cala salada. and then take the bus back from there. almost exactly a year ago I did a one-way walk from san antonio up to santa ines. it's a fantastic 20km hike, but I'm not sure I'd wanna do this in the summer heat! that's why I'm suggesting you do the bit up to cala salada.

feel free to PM me if you need more info.
Thanks stivi. I’m really glad you mentioned Cala Salada because this was the place that sparked the idea and I was hoping I could reach by foot by following the coast with a few detours in to get around the tricky bits. I arrive in July so given myself plenty of time now to plot a route. If I have any questions I will be sure to PM you. Cheers

Just chucking a couple of suggestions in, the hills behind San An?
from the roundabout to Cala Gracio, by Villa Manchega; opposite there, take the footpath (old road) uphill to the top, fantastic all round views, slight detour will lead you to an elaborate shrine to much loved dog (forget name) tiled, plastic flowers, the works. Right at the top you'll find a small chapel, unfortunately, last time I was there the damage from an earlier fire was still noticeable.
Another one, just follow the coast to Port d'es Torrent, if still feeling strong go inland for a bit and take the dusty farm roads to Cala Bassa, spit at the menu and get the bus back to San An.

Thanks for the suggestion Don Simon. I spent most of last night having a look at the route to Cala Salada and have a plan for that now. I will be setting off fairly early probably 7.30am so I can take my time and hopefully stop at various points along the way for a snorkel. I’d like to get a boat back if possible but happy to get a bus if boat isn’t an option. Cost will play a part in that. What I’m wondering now is If I’m back in the afternoon for a sleep and bit of food is the walk up to the hills behind San Antonio something I could do late afternoon going into the evening? Would I get a good view of the sunset from up there?

Thanks for the suggestion Don Simon. I spent most of last night having a look at the route to Cala Salada and have a plan for that now. I will be setting off fairly early probably 7.30am so I can take my time and hopefully stop at various points along the way for a snorkel. I’d like to get a boat back if possible but happy to get a bus if boat isn’t an option. Cost will play a part in that. What I’m wondering now is If I’m back in the afternoon for a sleep and bit of food is the walk up to the hills behind San Antonio something I could do late afternoon going into the evening? Would I get a good view of the sunset from up there?

yeah the walk up to that hill is a short one and yes, good sunset from there.

Stivi, do you post the Instagram pics on the Ibiza spotlight page? The views from that walk yesterday were incredible

sometimes I do yeah and in this case it was me indeed. in the winter months I sometimes guide walks for walking ibiza and the pictures were from sunday's sa talaia walk. always a good one that!

sometimes I do yeah and in this case it was me indeed. in the winter months I sometimes guide walks for walking ibiza and the pictures were from sunday's sa talaia walk. always a good one that!

I’d like to fit one of these in. I assume these run all year round?

I’d like to fit one of these in. I assume these run all year round?

there are a lot less of them in summer because it's simply too hot...they do organise private sunrise or sunset walks though. so if you're interested, simply get in touch with them and ask for info. the walks in the off-season are open to everyone to join and work on a donation basis, the private ones are obviously more expensive

I am staying in San Antonio this summer for 5 days and have a spare day. I’d like to do a bit of exploring but prefer walking so no car or bike. Can anybody suggest some good spots I can reach by foot? I won’t be going out the night before so will be up and out early feeling fresh. Hidden beaches, caves, high spots with good views that kind of thing would be great.

Walk to port des torrent and beyond... stick to the coastline and you’ll find a lovely surprise

Back