San Antonio - Sunset & Sea

Status
Not open for further replies.
I can see their thinking behind it, but it will certainly be an interesting law change for supermarket staff to deal with. In Northern Ireland the off licence area in supermarkets has its own section with entrance in and out so its easy to close off outside the times that for example @craig72 mentions above. But in Spain the alcohol is so easily accessible on the shop floor. Customers unaware of the law change coming in at 2am for a nice bottle of sherry and being told, no not until 8am, might cause some debate to say the least!

That's not cool. What harm does selling beer after 12 do. Used to love rocking out of space parched to death an then getting a beer from the shop across the road. Can't exactly stash it cos it'll get warm. At least I got my little spot to still get drink all night I suppose :/

Yeah I grabbed a beer after Ants being going into El Row and just liked walking around with it. I didn't see anyone going wild, so I don't know why they don't let it continue, unless there's been incidents...

Also I don't wanna start the whole drink prices argument but for me personally if it was cheaper to drink in the clubs I would stay longer. I remember in 2013 (I think) defected in the lab at Sankeys and there was a power cut. All they had was sound and emergency lighting and no air con. Place was dangerously hot, they were handing out free water to everyone. Place stayed rammed for a lot longer than it probably would have if it were a normal night. As I work there I'm not on a holiday budget so just go until I need a drink and depending how it's going I'll leave if it's not one of them nights that's worth staying. A lot of my mates do the same. Water should 100% be cheaper than it is. I'm sure Ibiza is part of Spain, which I'm sure is part of the eu. I'm sure that they are bending some rules as to the price of water, cos in uk isn't it the bars/clubs have to provide free drinking water if you want it. Geez went on a rant.

Yeah I grabbed a beer after Ants being going into El Row and just liked walking around with it. I didn't see anyone going wild, so I don't know why they don't let it continue, unless there's been incidents...
I'm sure there's been incidents before 12 too so should we not just ban alcohol. It's a joke

Have read an article saying you can't buy any alcohol from midnight till 8.00 am from shops

is that every single supermarket? (Even Wips?)

In the older days you could be at the bares until 4 am with music and there would not be any fights
or problems. Would never go to the clubs before 3 am. At Es paradis we would be Scandinavians,
Dutch,British,Italians and Spanish dancing next to one another.

Es Paradis is not what it used to be, I wouldn't even consider it on the Ibiza clubbing map anymore, its on a par with Play 2 these days!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back