San Antonio Clubs are they worth a visit?

Susie

Hey! Hey!

Susie here! Just wanted to ask all of you Ibiza maniacs if you think that the nightclubs in San Antonio are worth going to. Last time I was on the White Isle I went to every club but the ones on the San Antonio side. I am not much of a Jules fan or a Lisa Lashes fan or pretty much all of those DJ's that usually play over there I don't care for.

Last time I was in San Antonio I just remeber seeing a bunch of drunken, falling over folks and it kind of reminded me of a cross between Tijuana Mexico and downtown Waikiki Hawaii. For those of you who are not familiar with those places might I just say "NOT GOOD"! So, with that little drive through San An that night I decided that I wouldn't go check out any of the clubs over there. Kind of judgemental of me, but oh well!

I like San An during the day (sunset bars, restaurants etc...) Just not sure about the night time? What do you guys think? 8)

IMO id give them a miss. last year i went to both es paradise for a water party and eden for the godkitchen closing and thought both nights were pretty pish. fair play to anyone else who likes it but just not my thing. have to say i thought es paradise was really nice inside. very clean with nice decor but the music was crap and it was a pure west end crowd. no offence to the west end massive.
eden reminded me of a club back home i used to go to when i was younger. dont think i saw one spanish person the whole time i was in there, big thanks to the west end massive once again.
and finally i would like to give a special thanks to the funky room in eden because without it i would have left that club a good 5 hours before i actually did. o and id also like to thank god and my family for all the support....lol
ps.if ya want clubbing dont even think about the west end!!! :lol:

I never understand anyone who would go to a club without checking who was on anyway. The point of going out for me is to listen to the music and I could not enjoy a night at Eden listening to teenage trance even if I tried !! :D

Last year the only club I went was Pacha as it was the only place that had people like H-Foundation and the Tribalism nights.

So my advice would be check the listings - if it's your thing try it out - if not give it a miss. Although I would still have second thoughts about Eden even if Dave Lee Travis was on.

sorry for being a bit dense and uneducated but who is dave lee travis. i take it he is good?! any cd's out? is it a tribal vibe? :D

Sorry for the Dave Lee Travis joke mate !!! At near enough 30 my jokes are a bit dated !!!

Dave Lee Travis was one of the old bearded Radio 1 DJ's that smashy and nicey were based on !!

Susie, I can only speak from personal experience and I am in agreement with the Spottster in many ways. I went to Eden and to be perfectly honest, as Spott rightly pointed out, if it wasn't for the Funky room I'd have had a shite night. I'm not a particularly big fan of trance music or hard house for that matter, too many glow sticks and people building boxes for my liking. True the Judge played that sort of music to the masses in the main room but when he came into the Funky room, he f*ckin rocked the joint. It was quality and worth the admission alone. It was as good as it gets for me and I'm not going to jump on the bandwagon and start slagging him because he was fantastic on the night. Maybe it was a fluke or perhaps he's a different DJ when mixing trance instead of funk, I don't know. All I can say is I'll be going to Judgement Sunday when I go back this year and in no way shape or form am I a Rockport, Stone Island, gold necklace wearing stereotype that is attached to this club.

As for Es Paradis, beautiful club but, again, for me it was let down by the hard house that they seemed to play all the time. Still, there was plenty of cushions to sleep on though! It's a fairytale club on acid, in short.

hi,

Eden has ruined godskitchen in ibiza, thanks to the growd, and the layout of the club. In amnesia gk was brill, when it moved to eden it was really poor, when of the poorest clubbing nights i have had......

Having sad that when judge jules is playing in the funky room with the live saxapohinst, that can be good, but other than don't waste your money, and experience ibiza clubbing somewhere else.....

Rob

hmm

sure thing...Es Paradis and Eden are cool, but the reast depends on your mood and on wheither you will get drunk enough to have fun anywhere. West-end is a bit too vacation-ish for me, ans I prefer the genuine Ibiza feel! But hey....anything goes!

come on ibizagirl, tell us what the genuine ibiza feel is.
apart from the fact that a few clubs and bars that play the type of music you like are located in the same place, ibiza, not a single one of them has derived anything else from this island. owners (mostly), clientelle, ( there wasn't a single ibicencan in amnesia, eden, es paradis, or space last night), djs, even the drinks in the bar!
i would say that if all of these establishments were moved lock stock and smoking barrel to ayia napia not a single person would notice. i say ayia napa because this place already has its own 'beer boy central' you could all moan about to prove how cool you were.
am i right?
djb

Hi,

The west end....

Its a place were aliens go heheheh!!! only joking....

Its a street in san an, which has lots of bars and clubs which sell very cheap drinks, were the age is younger with 'rowdy boys' and 'loose women' getting very drunk and throwing up....

Not a very attractive place......
stick to space, pacha, ibiza town and bora bora...

some of you may not agree with my statements and i can accept that, but i don't want an argument with you....

Robo said:
Hi,

The west end....

Its a place were aliens go heheheh!!! only joking....

Its a street in san an, which has lots of bars and clubs which sell very cheap drinks, were the age is younger with 'rowdy boys' and 'loose women' getting very drunk and throwing up....

Not a very attractive place......
stick to space, pacha, ibiza town and bora bora...

some of you may not agree with my statements and i can accept that, but i don't want an argument with you....

hey Robbo, I'll be there on the 18th, we should meet up and go on the piss in San An, you can help wipe the vomit off my soccer jersey when things get messy

Robo,

you seem to know a bit about the dance scene so maybe you can clear up somethings for me.

I know the musc I like but am having some arguments with people as to what the style is. Have you heard the Space ibiza 2002 CD - the terrace mix by Jon Ulysses, Thats what I like . What style of music is that. On that point what style is the music they play inside.

I don't know if anybody was in privelege on Sat 28th sept 2002, if so can you tell me what style they were playing that night. There was a DJ on that had spectacles on and he rocked the place. ?

comin' at ya said:
teenage trance

Excuse me but I'm pushing 30 as well and love trance more than any other form of music, and I'm not the only one, just because it's not all moody and serious doesn't mean it's just for teenagers :!:

Unfortunately for me now that GK's at Eden I've only got Cream and Xtravaganza outside of San An :cry:

However I would rather go to non-trance nights than Eden or Es Paradis. Eden is just too clean and clinical, Es Paradis is too light inside and neither have a particularly good atmosphere IMO.

Back