San Antonio Bay info

Status
Not open for further replies.
J

Jelmer

Ok, first of all, cheers to anyone being so kind to provide us with sum info :D

We're wondering about a couple of things, since this is our first time to ibiza. We're planning on going to San Antonio Bay, but which hotels are recommended, and do we need to book in advance??
Also we're wondering if it's that much expensive to go out and have diner in town, or is it a lot cheaper to book a hotel with a diner included?
Any other tips or advice will be very much appreciated.

Thanx a lot!!!

When you heading out to Ibiza?? I would book if i was you, cheap enough at the moment. Try Somewhere2stay.com for hotels/apparts. Bahia Hotel is real nice if you wanna touch of class. Save money and go self-catering so you can eat when your hungry!?! Or you will be tied to dinner times at your hotel. Also Hawaii hotel is nice, both in very good location nr small (not great) beach. Loads of places to eat around town.

Jelmer, I've stayed in the Hotel Hawaii and will possibly 2 do so again this year as I found it in the perfect location - I would recommend it for sure - out of the commotion of San Antonio on the bay but within easy walking distance - just a short walk along the prom bit.

I would def recommend self catering as chances are you wont be up for eating during the times the hotels serve up...

Certainly book in advance if youre going in high season - there are so many people on the island you think it might sink :)

Although clubbing in Ibiza is certainly not cheap, you can easily find restaurants to suit all budgets - we just grabbed something to eat whenever we felt hungry

I wouldn't mind trying the Bahia as Karlos69uk mentioned - I think they MP3 players in each room - nice touch...

Have you stayed in the Bahia yourself, Karlos??

If so, is it worth the extra £ - didn't Ministry of Sound used to own it

markEg said:
I wouldn't mind trying the Bahia as Karlos69uk mentioned - I think they MP3 players in each room - nice touch...

Have you stayed in the Bahia yourself, Karlos??

If so, is it worth the extra £ - didn't Ministry of Sound used to own it

I stayed in Bahia and yes I think it is worth extra pennies, really nice modern hotel, rooms are great etc etc, the only reason I wouldn't go back is that it is in San Antonio and I prefer to be other side of island.

Mark i stayed in Bahia last year i really would recom. you stay there, it adds that touch of style to your stay!! If you get a sea facing room the views are great of the sunset. As mentioned Hawaii is a nice hotel to stay in, stayed there 2yrs ago, both hotels inn perfect location next to each other, for a little more book the bahia! Book direct and you may find it cheaper?!? www.thbhotels.com Good luck mate!!!

Karlos69uk said:
Mark i stayed in Bahia last year i really would recom. you stay there, it adds that touch of style to your stay!! If you get a sea facing room the views are great of the sunset. As mentioned Hawaii is a nice hotel to stay in, stayed there 2yrs ago, both hotels inn perfect location next to each other, for a little more book the bahia! Book direct and you may find it cheaper?!? www.thbhotels.com Good luck mate!!!

Thanks Karlos (and you, Barbie) for twisting my arm!

The price was the only thing putting me off but the way you guys describe it, it does seem worth the extra. I've never booked my hotel and flight separately before but it might be worth looking into.

I never made it to Ibiza last year (went to Malta for a "School Reunion" thing with some other friends (who say they would never go to Ibiza as they all reckon its gonna all be like what they've seen on "Ibiza Uncovered" and similar rubbish) so this year it would be nice to have that extra "touch" to make up for having to wait 2 years to return.

Also, cheers for the link to the THB Hotels site - After some working out, I think I could get it for roughly the same price as Hawaii (maybe a little cheaper) That would be nice :D :D :D

And Karlos, did you make your reservation through this site when you stayed there? And if so did you have any problems or would you you use them again?

Mark

Mark, did not use last year, used this year no probs to speak of. I'm booking flights + accom seperatly this as it will save packet. I found that Somewhere2stay.com has deals on the Bahia at the moment, so browse there first mate. Flights are no probs to sort out, loads to the island plus you can choose a decent flight time rather than coming home at 4AM package style!

restaurants are mid-pricey if you like dining out...Good places:
Bambuddhah grove - St. Eulalia
Savannah, Mambo, Cafe del mar - Sunset Strip
Los Dos Lunas - Pricey!
Marina - Ibiza town, good seafood
Pacha - For lunch, their café is pretty decent
Kasbah + Coastline - near the strip - good tunasteaks!

have fun!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back