San Antonio 12/07/2009-26/07/2009

colty

Well I have finally faced up to looking on here and posting. Been back a week today (will explain more later in the thread) and I must say I am gutted to be back home.

First Day
We had a night out in Manchester on the Saturday so we didn't have to bother getting up early to mess around with trains (we live 2 1/2 hours away) in the morning. When we got to the airport we found out we were delayed by 6 hours (I only ever seem to get delayed when I go to Ibiza :confused:) which put a big dampener on the start of our holiday.

When we finally arrived at our hotel (Hotel Bergantin) we decided it was a case of 'bags down straight out' as it was nearly 3am local time. We decided we had left it a bit too late to go to Judgement Sunday so thought we would just sample a bit of the West End (and wait for the other two people to arrive within the hour). First bar we went in was Linekers and the first thing we seen was the whole place full of people stood on either the bar or the stage - it was a wicked site and we knew from then on we would have much much more to come. Nothing much really happened that night as it was more of a case to adjusting to the fact we were back in Ibiza and not Barrow 8).

Pacha (Monday 13/7)
We familiarised ourselves with our hotel and just relaxed until the night when we headed to Pacha for the Swedish House Mafia. Entry was very quick and easy (didn't get searched so I had wasted my time messing around with my clothes :lol:). From start to finish this night was amazing albeit packed, I would definitely recommend this if you have still to go to Ibiza this year. My only complaint would be that Ingrosso only played a very short set. One of my mates seems to think he seen him whisking 3 lasses away though.

The layout of Pacha is pretty good and if you don't want to be rammed around everywhere down the bottom there are other places upstairs where you can go, dance and do whatever. After we got a bit worn out we decided to retreat to up behind the DJ box where we spoke to the DJs as well as bumping into a guy who was also on our delayed plane the night - he was telling us how he couldn't have a good drinking session - as it turns out he was doing all the special effects in Pacha...nice guy.

We left Pacha about 6.30/45 and just jumped in the first 'taxi' we could find.

Es Paradis - Clubland (Tuesday 14/7)
This was supposed to be the first of two times we went to see Armin van Buuren @ Amnesia. When we went down to the Bucanero (sp?) bar near our hotel we got talking to some Russian girls. Two of us were adamant to get a move on and down to Amnesia to see AvB although two weren't that bothered about rushing on (and one, who was only 17 - wanted to go to Clubland :lol:).

By the time we talked everyone into going to Amnesia we realised it was about 2.30/45 (cheers lads) so decided to sack it off until the next week and at the same time shut up the 17 year old lad who wanted to go to Clubland @ Es Paradis (we classed it as his 18th birthday present as he was 18 the following Friday).

When we went in one of our mates went off with the Russians and 4 of us went into Es Paradis. I liked the layout but I think I prefer a darker layout. Whilst I don't mind Clubland music its not really something I would go to Ibiza to listen to/see as I could get a train over here for that kind of thing. I was stone cold sober and whilst I enjoyed it I could honestly still say I have had better nights out in Barrow sometimes than I had at Clubland.

On an amusing note it was funny seeing all these 18 year old girls chewing their faces off. Like I say, I don't mind the Clubland music but its not a part of the Ibiza experience for me and did seem a little bit too chavvy.

Cafe Mambo/ Eden - Garlands (Wednesday 15/7)

Wednesday was our first night where we didn't really have anything planned so decided to go to Mambos to watch the sunset and grab a bite to eat. Whilst we were there the Eden girls were walking about giving our the wristbands which meant we could get into Garlands for €10 - this seemed a bit better of an idea than the €40 Fiesta del Agua at Es Paradis.

I found the atmosphere at Mambos very nice and relaxed (it was also good for having a bit of a look at the passers by from the fairer sex ;)). The food was spot on and I didn't find the drinks prices that bad (a few in our hotel complained about the prices). After we left here we were expecting to see the fire eaters etc but they weren't about as there was a big warm up party for Pacha.

We headed into a few bars in the West End before three of the lads left us so it was only two of us. The two of us went around a few more bars and ended up pretty damn pissed so I can't go too much into Garlands. I remember it being fuller than expected and some good music being played as well as a much more sociable atmosphere compared to the other nights. We stayed til the very end as well as being captured on a photo (will link to it when I am not restricted by stupid work filters).

Amnesia - Cream + VIP (Thursday 16/7)

One of the lads was starting to flag a bit now so decided not to bother buying a ticket, three of us had booked VIP via spotlight already and one had booked just a normal ticket - fair play to the Amnesia staff though they let him bung them €20 and gave him the stamp for the VIP area. Some people might not think that the extra €20+ is worth paying but I would definitely recommend it - especially after seeing some of the tools that were at Armin van Buuren (more on that later).

As usual, we did a few west end bars before heading to Amnesia via a legitimate taxi :lol:. Again - there was absolutely no fuss getting into here (my mate didn't bring his camera as he was expecting to be searched on entry). We went up to the VIP area for a bit (and took some party smarties whilst we were at it). After a while we went downstairs to soak up a bit of the atmosphere and I must say it was first class from start to finish. Once Paul van Dyk finished his set they stayed open until about 7/7.15 although the DJ did have a tendency to bring you right up and then back down again with his selection of music.

When we left it was broad daylight and there were many illegal taxi drivers asking if we would like a lift - we declined and decided to get a legal one. A tip for people who have still to go to Ibiza would be to get a legal taxi as:

a) Its cheaper
b) The police pull over a lot of the illegal taxis and search you, if you are unfortunate enough to have this happen to you then you could end up in a bit of bother (especially if you have anything illegal on you).

As I say - we decided to get a legal one and it showed that we took the right choice when we seen two of the drivers who offered us lifts over on the side of the road with the police searching them.

West End (Friday 17/7)

We were going to go to Calvin Harris & Sander Kleinenberg at Pure Pacha but decided that we needed to be a bit more precautious with our cash - much to the dismay of our friend who turned 18 this day - but **** him - he never came out with us much so can't expect us to go out of our way for him :lol:.

Nothing of any note really happened down the West End although one PR did try to blag me. We were looking for the oxygenised cherry shots (which do a good job on getting you pissed). The PR (I won't embarass them by naming which bar etc they worked at) denied that these things even exist and that we should go in their bar for a drink. I told them that if they told the truth then we would go for a drink in their bar. All of a sudden he remembers that it was Delilahs bar that did these shots and we stuck to our word and went in there for a drink - it doesn't hurt to tell the truth sometimes does it? :lol:.

We found Delilahs and had a few of these shots and then got pissed enough to go in 'The Sin' where we spent an awful lot of money on dances (some were even offering extras, which we kindly declined).

Space - Hed Kandi (Saturday 18/7)

I'm not really the biggest fan of Hed Kandi as I find it very hit and miss but wanted to go to Space and decided that if I was going to go at all - today was the day. The initial plan was to hit Bora Bora and then straight into Space but, as seemed to be the theme of the holiday, we never stuck to our original plan.

All 5 of us had gone out together for the first time since the previous Tuesday, just when everything seemed to be going to plan - our mate who had turned 18 the previous day got IDed and he didn't bring any with him to shove in the doormans face. We had already bought tickets so stuck him back in a taxi and got on in the club.

It seemed a lot more laid back in here and more people wanted to have a craic rather than just dance around (which I didn't mind doing anyway). One lass even bunged a hefty amount of magic in my mates hand. Despite this I couldn't really get into this and we didn't stay until the end.

Space as a venue is pretty decent - Hed Kandi though is just not my thing. Also I never realised just how low the planes fly when they are coming into landing. Amazing site but is often louder than the music :lol:. I also have another picture of 3 of us which was captured on tilllate.com.

Eden - Judgement Sunday (Sunday 19/7)

A few of the lads were a bit sceptical about going on another big session after 7 on it but I managed to change a couple of minds when reminded that they would regret it once they got back. We did a few bars in the west end and bought some smarties of a lad who had flown over looking for a job (unsuccessfully) so opted to go into a more illegal type of job.

This was the first Judgement Sunday I had ever been to and must say some of the special effects are fantastic. Lots of clowns running about the place, balloons, confetti and ice blasted all over you and when the DJs change over they pull a big cover over a large section of the crowd. Nice touch IMO. The atmosphere was pretty good and it made me a bit more gutted that I had missed the previous week.

We didn't stay until the end but it wasn't far off finishing time when we left.

West End (Monday 20/7)

We were toying with going to Tiesto @ Privelege for this night but due to rapidly decreasing funds and numerous reports that Tiesto wasn't all that we opted just to hit the West End again. Ended up going round various small bars and clubs and it was no different to a normal night out away in England. Still enjoyed it nontheless.

Amnesia - Armin van Buuren (Tuesday 21/7)

Now I don't know whether this was because we bigged this up or because it genuinely was a bit of an annoying crowd. We had a couple of little uns to get us into the warm up DJ. All of us agreed that the warm up act was very poor and hoped that Armin would bring a bit of life to the place.

After what seemed like forever, Armin finally came on and played some absolutely immense music (it was understandable why he is number 1 DJ in the world). What took the gloss off it though was the ridiculous amount of people giving it the big 'I AM' and dancing around thinking they were planes. People who were there to listen to and appreciate the music having to put up with this tools who just ruined the atmosphere were pretty clearly annoyed. We decided to find somewhere to sit down away from these people who insisted on acting like this - we ended up leaving early when we seen a couple from one of the aforementioned groups giving a few people a hard time in the toilets - its Ibiza - people are there to enjoy their holiday and let their hair down not go round looking for a fight. That said - I hope they picked the wrong people and got a good kick in like they deserved.

Eden - Garlands (Wednesday 22/7)

Pretty much the same as last week but quieter, couldn't get into it as much this time around but still enjoyed it nontheless. I decided to slope off and get some food whilst the rest of the lads all managed to lose each other :lol:. Woke up the next morning covered in KFC and fag ash...nice 8).

Night off (Thursday 23/7)

So my spends and a hefty wage packet had almost been blown entirely. The youngest lad had flown home (probably missing his girlfriend - although he still denies it) and two of us stopped in whilst the other two went out to the west end. It wasn't easy staying in but I knew I had to :cry:.

West End + San Antonio Bay (Friday 24/7)

On the last Friday before we went home I had managed to spend up all my cash so had to brown nose my old lady for a sub until I get paid again :). The others went for some food at Mambos whilst two of us ate at the hotel to meet them later on. It was the same craic as usual although two of the lads had a boozed up argument which split us into two groups of 2. Two went home whilst me and the other lad got a taxi round to San Antonio Bay (Pink Panther, Bucanero etc) for a couple of drinks down there - we also managed to pick up some Irish lass who had lost her mate and wanted to stay out.

After a few drinks I started to feel a bit of a spare part watching my mate trying to woo this Irish lass so decided to call it a night.

Eden - Foam Party (Saturday 25/7)

Well this was the final night out of our holiday and we were all running pretty low on funds so opted for the Eden foam party (think we got in for €10 and a free drink or something similar). This was far better than I expected, the music was spot on and, although it wasn't until nearly 5am, the foam party was a good laugh and a good excuse to get talking to others. I'm 6"1 and the foam almost entirely covered me so I had to step to the side whilst it subsided a bit. Once this was over though we had to face the fact that we were going home (although not as soon as we thought for some of us). That was the end to the clubbing part of a fantastic fortnight in Ibiza.

Last day (not quite) Sunday 26/7

We were booted out of our rooms at 12 (Hotel receptionist, word for word said this: we need your room can you get out please? :lol:). Once we were out we just lounged around until 5.45 and found a lot more people approaching us and talking to us (sods law, oh well). When we got to the airport we checked in and went through no problems, we thought the flight was on time and everything was looking good to go.

Once we got on the plane we were giving the usual H&S stuff that they have to talk us through and fired up the engine - thats when it all went wrong. We were all took back off the plane after sitting on it for 2 hours+ and then told we would not fly until 12.45pm the next day :evil:.

We were placed in a hotel in Cala Llonga and given breakfast though. Two of the lads decided that they couldn't be doing with waiting until the next day and booked an earlier flight with Monarch - which they are told they will be entitled to claim back off Thomas Cook/Jet2.

When we got back to the airport the next day we were told the plane still hadn't been fixed and would not be boareded until 16.20 (given yet more food too). If I had have known all this (and not ran out of cash) I would have gone and done one final Judgement Sunday. I landed at 17.15pm (uk time).

I'm looking into claiming back something from Thomas Cook or Jet2 as a result of 2 delays (inbound and outbound) and also would go back to Ibiza (for a 5th time), the group of lads I went with this time though were a lot more up for the big clubs than previous so I got to see a lot more nightlife than I have before. I would have to say though I would probably do 7-10 days next time, 2 weeks is fine anywhere else but the money side of things and the amount of stuff taken can take its toll after a while.

I'll definitely be back though, can't get enough of the place. Think I will be looking at a week somewhere else come September just to ease me back into the Barrovian lifestyle :lol:.

Sorry its a long read but I hope you enjoyed.

Cheers people. It definitely was a hardcore couple of weeks and it shown with some of the lads and even myself at times, sods law though that we all get a second wind the day we were due home :(.

I forgot to mention in my review that two of the lads who booked seperately from us managed to miss their flight by a whole day :lol:. One ended up on my flight which was delayed until the next day.

colty;1295595 I forgot to mention in my review that two of the lads who booked seperately from us managed to miss their flight by a whole day :lol:. One ended up on my flight which was delayed until the next day.[/QUOTE said:

How much Spends did you end up going through in them two weeks? Pretty much out every night apart from one wasnt you. I go next sat for a week and im takin £900.

I take 550 rips for 4 days (half board) 3 clubs with no cecil, bob or biscuits. Work it out from that.

How much Spends did you end up going through in them two weeks? Pretty much out every night apart from one wasnt you. I go next sat for a week and im takin £900.

I managed to blow just shy of £3k - bare in mind I was living like a king though and spending a hell of a lot of money in the bigger clubs etc on drinks. If you are pretty prudent with your cash then I reckon you would be fine 8).

A tip for people who have still to go to Ibiza would be to get a legal taxi as:

a) Its cheaper
b) The police pull over a lot of the illegal taxis and search you, if you are unfortunate enough to have this happen to you then you could end up in a bit of bother (especially if you have anything illegal on you).
:!::!::!:

ps. tell us more about the extras at the sin!! ;):lol::twisted:

ITs not like the illegal taxis have signs on them or anything.

It wouldnt take Inspector Morse to deduce that a non national, driving a sweaty Tourist wearing sunglasses in the back seat of a clapped out car at 6am in the morning, to be an illegal Taxi !!!!

:!::!::!:

ps. tell us more about the extras at the sin!! ;):lol::twisted:

Lots of very attractive girls who are pretty full on when dancing (one of them put her hand up my shorts and had a little play whilst dancing :lol:). You have to tell them 3 or 4 times if you don't want any more dances etc as they will try and push you. Some of them (suppose it depends if you ask or they like you) offer you €120 to go to 'the back room' :lol:*.

*Not all of them do this though, just a few.

It wouldnt take Inspector Morse to deduce that a non national, driving a sweaty Tourist wearing sunglasses in the back seat of a clapped out car at 6am in the morning, to be an illegal Taxi !!!!

Which is exactly what they did. This was mainly affecting the clubbers from Privelege/Amnesia. We did have to resort to jumping an illegal taxi to Space for Hed Kandi to catch up with the rest of the people we went there with and the first thing the driver said was 'I'm [name], if the police asks, you are my friends visiting me, ok?'. Good job the police never stopped that car because I think they might just have sussed out that we were lying :lol:.

2hcnvoj.jpg

Lots of very attractive girls ... one of them put her hand up my shorts
and had a little play whilst dancing :lol: ...
20f6v0x.jpg

2hcnvoj.jpg

... Some of them ... offer you €120 to go to 'the back room' :lol:*.

33vlugh.gif
- 120 ?
what substances are they on ?
20f6v0x.jpg

Back