Salsoul to release Larry Levan's greatest mixes.

Robo

LarryLevan_0903_main.jpg

Larry Levan

Salsoul UK makes its first ever British CD release with a whopper next month. ‘Larry Levan Greatest Salsoul Mixes’, due out in November, is a double CD anthology of classic mixes by the disco house legend done for the famous label, which was key to the evolution of house music in the US.

Levan worked with the key Salsoul artists including Loleatta Holloway and First Choice to create legendary tunes, which have subsequently been sampled to buggery. The double CD package pulls together re-mastered versions of the 17 Salsoul cuts by Levan for the first time ever. It also comes complete with a 12-page booklet of memorabilia and many long-lost archive photos of the mythical Levan.

The New York DJ whose posthumous fame has outweighed the adulation that surrounded him during his hey day when he was resident at NYC’s legendary Paradise Garage club during the birth years of house music. Larry Levan died November 8, 1992 of cardio endicarditis - an infection of the lining of the heart - he was just 38.

Salsoul which celebrates its 30th anniversary next year, will also put out six full 12-inch classic releases and remixes October 29 including Loleatta Holloway ‘Love Sensation’ with its Shep Pettibone’s edit and Inner Life ‘Ain’t No Mountain High Enough’ / ‘Make It Last Forever’ with Levan’s remixes.

‘Larry Levan Greatest Salsoul Mixes’ Tracklisting (Not In Order)

Instant Funk ‘I Got My Mind Made Up
First Choice ‘Double Cross
Instant Funk ‘Crying’
Skyy ‘First Time Around’
Loleatta Holloway ‘The Greatest Performance Of My Life’
Aurra ‘When I Come Home’
Inner Life ‘Make It Last Forever’
Logg ‘I Know You Will’
Inner Life ‘Ain't No Mountain High Enough’
Salsoul Orchestra ‘How High’
Steve Arrington ‘Summertime Lovin'’
Instant Funk ‘Slap Slap Lickedy Lap’
Instant Funk ‘Bodyshine’
Instant Funk ‘Everybody’
Skyy ‘Skyzoo’
Jimmy Castor Bunch ‘It's Just Begun’
Sparkle ‘Handsome Man’

oh, before I forget- when is it released? Are the tracks confirmed? Guessing they wont be mixed but If they aint got an order Im wondering whether its been given the all clear??

Cheers again

N

Back