Saffy's review of daytime Free Party

S

*Saffy*

Set in the middle of nowhere ... literally ... (Bonsall Moor) I arrived (complete with four bottles of vodka, six of coke, rizlas and Stella <-- orders taken once people knew I was gonna call and say HI )

Blimey! I wonder if I look as bad as they did the morning after? Hehe ..
Was a beautiful setting ... off the "main" if you could call it a main road by about 4 miles and down little tracks till we got to the *cone* which marked the track. (Not needed really as I heard the music before I got there!)

Got there around 12 and there were probably around 150 - 200 people ... 30 of whom were still bopping away on the "dance floor" <-- dusty bit of ground. Was a really lovely happy atmosphere but I have to say, I felt shiny clean compared to some of them! (Think they'd been rolling in the dust!)

Nice deep house from Smokescreen Sound System who, as always, kept the hail and hearty on their feet till the Police turned up and pulled the plug! :( As it was the anniversary of the day they had had their Rig taken by Derbyshire police 6 years ago, they didn't want a repeat, so sadly the party ended ... though people stayed and chilled and enjoyed the sunshine and wonderful views.

I have to say, although people do moan about the folks who attend Site Parties/Free Parties/Raves etc., they are the most genuine and friendly people .... no attitude and with a complete love of the music.

Lots of dogs .. .but not on washing lines!

*Saffy* said:
I have to say, although people do moan about the folks who attend Site Parties/Free Parties/Raves etc., they are the most genuine and friendly people .... no attitude and with a complete love of the music.

i totally agree... its all about the music and the freedom to move your body..

i love dancing outdoors..especially the early morning.. its so primal!! :p

Can I just say ... the police came to the party and said ... 3.30 and you shut off the music! They shut it down at 1.30 .. YET the police STILL arrested them and confiscated some of the pa ( £5,000 ) worth at least .... DESPITE having had NO COMPLAINTS about noise ...

Can I say one word?

B ******S

Back