Ryder Cup

Dont think we were spanked as such.. i mean at around 10pm it was still in the balance.

Thought Casey and Hansen had to win for us to have a chance because the bottom of the draw was looking very "blue" at times. Westwood and Harrington then lost interest and let their games slip.

Still well done to the Americans, they played the better golf during the weekend and held some amazing long putts (Mahans at the 17th!!! :eek:)

About the crowd, you get idiots everywhere, so it's hard to judge. Maybe there's a few more of those that slipped through this weekend at Valhalla, but generally i thought it was what you expect.

However, thought Kim was an idiot. Thankfully the US team has players like Furyk who show much more respect for opponents and the game as a whole.

i was thinking when you'd show up.. hey just get back to Bora Bora will you?!
Anyway, we thought we'd let you win it seeing it was 9 years since the last time..

Chewie, I agree. To be honest our 3 top players all let us down. Harrington, westwood and Garcia.

Thought Poulter, Karlson, Rose and Mcdowell were inmense though. We'll get it back in 2010.. easy!

i was thinking when you'd show up.. hey just get back to Bora Bora will you?!
Anyway, we thought we'd let you win it seeing it was 9 years since the last time..

Chewie, I agree. To be honest our 3 top players all let us down. Harrington, westwood and Garcia.

Thought Poulter, Karlson, Rose and Mcdowell were inmense though. We'll get it back in 2010.. easy!

if Hunter Mahan didnt hole that putt on the 17th....
and if Hanson held off JB Holmes...

it would have gone down to the last match.

onto 2010 - who's going! - i bought tixs for the one at the Belfry in 2001, but couldnt make the resheduled one in 2002.

not gonna miss out in 2010, might even call up one of the American players parents at silly o'clock.

if Hunter Mahan didnt hole that putt on the 17th....
and if Hanson held off JB Holmes...

it would have gone down to the last match.

onto 2010 - who's going! - i bought tixs for the one at the Belfry in 2001, but couldnt make the resheduled one in 2002.

not gonna miss out in 2010, might even call up one of the American players parents at silly o'clock.

Funny you say that, but after this weekend, I really want to go. Must be such an amazing atmosphere

I better remember to put my name forward. Just checked the dates.. 1-3rd of Oct 2010.. on my 30th birthday.. now thats a good birthday weekend!

So... basically we could have just skipped this whole circus and had Hunter Mahan play Graeme MacDowell for the title?

:lol:

Back