Ryanair

Well I've just done what I said I was not gonna do - book Ryanair! Out on April 30 - but if things turn nasty I can always try BA from London city if I need an escape route out; but at £30 (and that extra £6 for a wheeliebag) too good not to book and hope. Coming back on Jet2's first summer flight - twice the price but a late morning take-off.

Had all scheduled monarch flights to ibz finished? Hope nobody is in a jam over the collapse.

O'leary is probably poised to jump on this

Got our response from Ryanair yesterday saying they owe us nothing as compo and arent reimbursing our extra flight we had to pay for as it was an air traffic strike and so was out of there hands. So seems we will just recieve a small refund for original flight out but im not happy with this. The letter says "as you have accepted the refund, Ryanair are not liable for any further expenses" (something along them lines) but we havent accepted a refund, could only be Travel Republic on our behalf. I want to take it further as im pretty sure that air strike or not Ryanair customer service must have a duty of care and also must offer alternative flights and which neither were given. Wondering if id just be pissing against the wind though?

Got our response from Ryanair yesterday saying they owe us nothing as compo and arent reimbursing our extra flight we had to pay for as it was an air traffic strike and so was out of there hands. So seems we will just recieve a small refund for original flight out but im not happy with this. The letter says "as you have accepted the refund, Ryanair are not liable for any further expenses" (something along them lines) but we havent accepted a refund, could only be Travel Republic on our behalf. I want to take it further as im pretty sure that air strike or not Ryanair customer service must have a duty of care and also must offer alternative flights and which neither were given. Wondering if id just be pissing against the wind though?
Credit Card?
Lots of companies willing to take on flight claims - no win no fee types

Credit Card?
Lots of companies willing to take on flight claims - no win no fee types

You know about me and Credit cards :eek:
Was the missus Debit card though. I just think whether it was legit reason or not the fact France had strikes that day means we are screwed and Ryanair were happy as a pig in sh!t.

Not to Ibiza - but Ryanair are the only airline or holiday company that have been snidey about moving flights due to COVID restrictions. Will only ever buy ridiculously cheap flights where I'm happy to write off costs off them in future

Agree. Only paid €32.99 return, so it's very disposable, but wish I'd paid €20 extra each way to get EasyJet's marginally extra carry-on allowance and excellent, hassle-free flight change function which I've used a dozen+ times this summer and can't rate enough.

Really hope the legacy of the pandemic is flexible flying moving forward. What a game changer that would be

I’m done with Ryanair booking my own trips. Can’t be bothered wondering if they’re going to mess me about and I’ll lose the flights & hotel booking, etc. They’ve done it too many times. I gave up on them pre covid but we had a group trip cancelled last year that involved ridiculous efforts to get a refund.
It’s limited my destination list a little but still too pissed off with them to risk it.

Refunded quickly but not for my parking etc that had booked through them. More trouble than worth. Booked alternative flights quickly but a bit of a sore one the difference. No comparison between them and Jet2. Could have put us in a spot so at least got some notice.

Back