Ryanair

heatherp6

wonder if they will eventually go bankrupt before next year, after their really bad behaviour over the last couple of weeks and the flights they are cancelling over winter, wonder how many people will be brave enough to book their flights months in advance, I know we wont now :(

well when i go in February they are one of two offering flights. They have been supporting Ibiza by having winter flights.

Monarch could go first. No bother - their flights from Manchester usually got you to the island for 2am, ridiculous, and no good for those not on a package deal save for expensive taxis and arriving at small hotels where the doors are firmly shut....

If they had 8.30am flights they might find more wanting to take them...and kill off the Ryanair!

wonder if they will eventually go bankrupt before next year, after their really bad behaviour over the last couple of weeks and the flights they are cancelling over winter, wonder how many people will be brave enough to book their flights months in advance, I know we wont now :(
Im sure he has a master plan..

I booked our 2018 flights with them day before this shitstorm kicked off. Haven't flown with them for two years. It's a cash rich business so they'll probably see it through if they get the captains sorted never mind all the refunds. But if they do go under or cancel us, I will have no choice but to hunt O'Leary down.

I booked our 2018 flights with them day before this shitstorm kicked off. Haven't flown with them for two years. It's a cash rich business so they'll probably see it through if they get the captains sorted never mind all the refunds. But if they do go under or cancel us, I will have no choice but to hunt O'Leary down.
:lol:

Monarch could go first. No bother - their flights from Manchester usually got you to the island for 2am, ridiculous, and no good for those not on a package deal save for expensive taxis and arriving at small hotels where the doors are firmly shut....

If they had 8.30am flights they might find more wanting to take them...and kill off the Ryanair!
Im with you on that Monarch MAN thing, crazy scheduled times. And Jet2 are often expensive too

As I fly with them this week I'm loathe to speak too soon, but to date every flight of the fifty or so I ever took with them has been on time.

I use them a lot because they fly from my local airport, but there's no denying the low sticker prices rope in the punters

Monarch reserved seats and food and drink prices much cheaper than Ryanair I think so it can kind of even out.

The flight price I don't bother with so much, but getting my kecks pulled down on other stuff such as having to pay to sit with my wife, and €4 for a miniature can of coke, those things do irritate me.

If passengers left Ryanair en-masse there would be no shortages of airlines willing to take the busy routes and the unemployed pilots, and as a bigger plus Ryanair pride themselves on having new-ish aircraft, often with (AFAIK) 25 years left and probably available cheaply in a fire-sale. So don't worry about fewer flights (and more expensive due to demand) if Ryanair went under, could be a blessing.

Also, if there is any substantial downturn in booking, you can be sure there will be flights for a tenner. Whether there will be a plane, a pilot or a stewardess is another matter.

Have used them loads, will continue to use them loads, £9.99 flights are just outrageously good value I don't even care if it's sterile and a cluster f*** of nonsense, if you plan well it works out.

I've just had 4 flights in 4 days and the total combined cost of all four came to less than what it cost me to park at the airport for that duration.

They've had these dirt cheap seats for the past few years, Stansted is an absolute gold-mine for cheap flights. I'm fortunate in that I've never really had a major issue with regards to delays or cancellations and if I had I'd imagine it'd be a nightmare to resolve, but as it is I've had issues with Easyjet and Monarch. The crux for me is always cost and if they're the cheapest, I'll use them.

They'll be fine, they'll take a big financial hit over this and need to look at their recruitment but they've got such an established customer base they'll be fine.

As for O'Leary, can understand why he rubs so many people up the wrong way but in business terms, he's an absolute genius.

Paid 150 euros for my flight home with Ryanair today at 12:00

Gate opened at about 11:15 and they rushed everyone on. Been on the plane for nearly an hour now and we still haven't taken off because they somehow lost their landing slot at Stansted.
☹️

I understand people like cheap stuff,everyone likes to think they've got a good deal. But everything has a price. You also need to ask yourself how/why is it so cheap.

Ryan air,like uber are rotten to the core. They lower standards across the board, and aren't as cheap as you may think.?

Flown with them many times always been on time with them to be fair, but booking with them is like playing russian roulette. Much prefer jet2 for the sake of paying more in price.

ryanair are a horrid company but I have got my flights for 2 weeks time for £55 return...no need for hold luggage so its happy days - horrible service but for just over 2 hrs I can handle it

Back