Ryanair

Ryanair while hungover has got to be one of the worst experiences I've ever endured.
Flying back from Ibiza in 2009, crammed flight, plane was boiling, and I'd drunk too much the night previously.

Ive been looking into my flight out to ibiza at the moment, you can pay £10 extra for 25kg baggage allowance not 15kg...the only over cheap flight I can find you get 22kg baggage allowance, ryan air still works out £20 cheaper...hmmm thats with the stupid card payments included and everything...

I think for 3kg more baggage and £20 cheaper I might just go for it!

Never had a problem with them but then I am not one of these must get on first people. We all travel at the same speed and arrive at the same time. I arrive at the Airport about 1hour 30 before the flight. Check in (if have bags) then sit with a beer upstairs. When the gate number is called, don't go rushing over and jump in line, sit down and finish a beer. When the queue is gone I then get on the plane, Normally im in the last 5 to board.

Who cares if I don't sit next to a friend. It's a 2 hour flight!

BA fly from london city twice daily over the summer. £89+ hassle free airport. if not the easiest place to get to, well worth flying at a civilised time, and no be surrounded by hundreds of screaming children like you get from luton/stansted/gatwick.

i reckon i must have flown on about 100 ryanair flights in the last few years, but it's actually becoming less and less that i bother these days.

there are usually other options for not too much more and i'd rather pay a little more to not have to feel like cattle in the rush for the seats off the bus.

that said, the flights they do to barcelona and madrid end up costing me less than a tenner sometimes and are only c.1 hr long.

if the flight is anything longer than, i get priority cos i can't fit in the middle seat (too tall) and that's usually all that's left at the end.

at ibiza, the priority does work (usually), they let the people at the front of the bus off first, even though you are on the bus with other passengers. if i'm going somewhere with the kids, it's definitely worth the little extra to get this.

the cost of checked bags however is a fcukin scandal!

Back