Rumors @ Destino

On the contrary, I also went to Rumors last year and it was one of the best parties I've attended, I loved the cosmopolitan more "mature" aspect of the crowd which were really going for it and Gerber was particularly amazing that night.
I guess it goes to show that different people enjoy things in a different way or perhaps that day you went was a particularly bad one.
Very true...all depends on the day/your perspective/the vibe.

I think people misinterpret what Rumors really is or maybe i just see it differently. The whole Rumors idea is sort of a social gathering with some music being played. Guy for the most part brings in his friends to play the party and its a free event. So while i can see why some people might be turned off from it, I wouldn't go in expecting to hear the same kind of set you would at like an open to close in Nyc, Miami, or London from Guy Gerbs. I've never had a bad time at a Rumors party anywhere and have always thought the music was decent enough but do certainly agree yes the crowd can be a little pretentious which can hurt the vibe at times (but never enough to ruin it at least for me).

Anyone ever check this night out? Felix da housecat is playing a disco set in sept would be interesting!

so far this year it gets going rather late - v. quiet before 8pm. but still a nice few hours between 8 and midnight. why not - it's free entry as well.

I think people misinterpret what Rumors really is or maybe i just see it differently. The whole Rumors idea is sort of a social gathering with some music being played. Guy for the most part brings in his friends to play the party and its a free event. So while i can see why some people might be turned off from it, I wouldn't go in expecting to hear the same kind of set you would at like an open to close in Nyc, Miami, or London from Guy Gerbs. I've never had a bad time at a Rumors party anywhere and have always thought the music was decent enough but do certainly agree yes the crowd can be a little pretentious which can hurt the vibe at times (but never enough to ruin it at least for me).

rumors @ pacha back in 2013 was pretty good, very different crowd & vibe in the event itself.

enjoyed a couple of days there.

so far this year it gets going rather late - v. quiet before 8pm. but still a nice few hours between 8 and midnight. why not - it's free entry as well.

A chance to see Guy Gerber for free - what’s not to like!? Such a great DJ and producer, never fails from the sets I’ve heard. We will be there next Sunday for a nice warm up before Solomun and Dixon after!

..now that sounds like one hell of a Sunday evening to me :D

Hola!
Thinking of going to Distino Makers , Sake on 16th.
I’m staying in Ibiza old town .
Can I get the official Destino bus from old town or Do I need to take regular bus service?
Also how do most people return from Destino if you don’t have a car ? Taxi ?

Cocoon@Pacha 15/8 or Destino makers Sake 16/8 ?
If you want to see Richie Hawtin

Hola!
Thinking of going to Distino Makers , Sake on 16th.
I’m staying in Ibiza old town .
Can I get the official Destino bus from old town or Do I need to take regular bus service?
Also how do most people return from Destino if you don’t have a car ? Taxi ?

Cocoon@Pacha 15/8 or Destino makers Sake 16/8 ?
If you want to see Richie Hawtin
Cocoon

Thanks !
I’ve never been to Destino. Do you know what’s it like ?!

destino as a venue is beautiful - it's one of my favourite places for a party here on the island. but the mix of richie and destino is an odd one IMO and that is why I would also go and see him during the night in pacha personally.

destino as a venue is beautiful - it's one of my favourite places for a party here on the island. but the mix of richie and destino is an odd one IMO and that is why I would also go and see him during the night in pacha personally.
Cool opinion ! Thanks stivi!
What event in Destino would you recommend? Rumors?
I want to visit there once but so much things on Sundays !!!

Cool opinion ! Thanks stivi!
What event in Destino would you recommend? Rumors?
I want to visit there once but so much things on Sundays !!!

well this summer there's only destinomakers on thursdays and rumors on sundays so there isn't that much choice.

if you are a big fan of richie maybe check out both cocoon and then on thursday as well? destinomakers is the bigger event of the two at destino so I would still prefer this to rumors (and yeah lots going on on sundays)

well this summer there's only destinomakers on thursdays and rumors on sundays so there isn't that much choice.

if you are a big fan of richie maybe check out both cocoon and then on thursday as well? destinomakers is the bigger event of the two at destino so I would still prefer this to rumors (and yeah lots going on on sundays)

Actually I wanted to see Seven Vath @ Cocoon but during my stay he won’t play there unfortunately but Cocoon is one of the best parties I heard so it’s still tempting.
Destino sounds good but for me it’s not accessible sadly.
Taxi is the best way to get there and get back ?

Actually I wanted to see Seven Vath @ Cocoon but during my stay he won’t play there unfortunately but Cocoon is one of the best parties I heard so it’s still tempting.
Destino sounds good but for me it’s not accessible sadly.
Taxi is the best way to get there and get back ?

taxi or the free buses from pdb/figueretas/ibiza town. none from san antonio though.

Back