round the world clubbing (the best & worst)

1 hackney
2 dalston
3 shoreditch
4 brixton
5 penge
8 helsinki
10 brighton

46 barcelona

79 rome

84 madrid

185 birmingham

201 marrakesh

278 anywhere south of the equator

457 ibiza

the sickest DnB night ive ever been to was actually in Queenstown, NZ - it was siiiiiiick!

small sweat off the walls place with 1 moooohassive industrial fan - grime! :twisted:

1 hackney
2 dalston
3 shoreditch
4 brixton
5 penge
8 helsinki
10 brighton

46 barcelona

79 rome

84 madrid

185 birmingham

201 marrakesh

278 anywhere south of the equator

457 ibiza

You may want to revise this list when Hackney Council is flooded with noise monitors and zone 1 is awash with nyc style lounge bars. :lol:

Jesus is Ibiza really that rubbish now? :eek::lol:

You may want to revise this list when Hackney Council is flooded with noise monitors and zone 1 is awash with nyc style lounge bars. :lol:

Jesus is Ibiza really that rubbish now? :eek::lol:

Oh and Berlin Berlin Berlin Berlin (Berlin).

Marrakech is an amazing night out.

I also had one of my best nights out in Krakow, surprisingly. Drinking with a group of locals after I was separated from my friends and ended up being taken to lots of weird and wonderful clubs and parties. Very Very funny. Great atmosphere. Those guys know how to drink. 9am and they were still going when i left them.

Marrakech is an amazing night out.

I also had one of my best nights out in Krakow, surprisingly. Drinking with a group of locals after I was separated from my friends and ended up being taken to lots of weird and wonderful clubs and parties. Very Very funny. Great atmosphere. Those guys know how to drink. 9am and they were still going when i left them.

Good to hear, I'm going there in 2 weeks!

Some of my fave places:

- Warung, Itajai, Brazil - the sun rises from the sea in the morning, lovely people
- Cha Cha club, Bogota - on the 56th (or something) floor, sweeping views over Bogota from outdoor balconies, great crowd
- Zouk, Singapore -the classic, Murakami and Warhol originals on the walls, very friendly international crowd
- Ibiza on the whole
- Studio, Budapest - one of the best clubs in Europe atm
- Amsterdam - variety of great venues, the coolest crowd ever anywhere
- Watergate, Berlin -amazing venue, M.A.N.D.Y. residency
- Womb, Tokyo - design inspired by Twilo
- Miami WMC - especially the annual Sasha & Digweed yacht party
- Beach parties in Bali
- Cavo Paradiso, Mykonos and Greece in general

Last edited by a moderator:

Some of my fave places:

- Warung, Itajai, Brazil - the sun rises from the sea in the morning, lovely people
- Cha Cha club, Bogota - on the 56th (or something) floor, sweeping views over Bogota from outdoor balconies, great crowd
- Zouk, Singapore -the classic, Murakami and Warhal originals on the walls, very friendly international crowd
- Ibiza on the whole
- Beach parties in Bali

f uck me you get about dontcha?!

if you meant Marrakech in two weeks, allow me to pass on two recs that MarkB gave me, La Compotoir & J'ad Mahal. Both wonderful bars, stunning interior in Jad Mahal in particular. I even got enagaged on a riad terrace in the city.

Ignore me if its Krakow you are going tho ;)

ok, approaching this thread slightly more seriously

my top 10 all time fave clubs (skewed in favour of recent nights, as pre-99 memory is sketchy)

1. amerik club (on the clifftop on the sete peninsula near montpellier) - was at worldwide festival in 2006 - alex jazzanova dropping mr v 'dus dance' QH mix at peaktime - amazing openair place - very reminiscent of L'Atlantida near Sitges. When Gilles Peterson played Raul Midon's 'sunshine' at 5.55am as the sun was rising = possibly the most balearic experience I've yet had

2. la terrazza (Barcelona) - despite the sh1teness of Hernan Cattaneo, atmosphere was excellent, made special by the wild patriotic Argentinians in the place - beautiful spot, located high on Montjuic mountain

3. subclub - subculture (glasgow) - Harri = legend. Venue is ace. Nuff said.

4. melange basement (dalston) - was privileged to experience TJ Kong and Michael Reinboth do an underground set there - sweat and lasers bouncing off the walls, one of the best nights I ever had. Photek/robert owens - 'mine to give' booming out with 50 hysterical ravers. Unbeatable really...

5. zoo project (ibiza) - music was so-so but the venue was next level brilliance - all about the nude amazonian stiltwalkers

6. the key (king's cross) - all about the multi-coloured dancefloor and deep/down/dirty. It was sometimes seedy and my phone went walkies at one afters, the staff could be horrific but on the right night, it was a gorgeous club.

7. AKA (holborn) - a million e-motional memories tied up in there. Lighting/sound was ace, relatively free of Teds and tourists until the shapeshifters took the night :rolleyes: a sad loss

8. the timepiece (original building - Exeter) - best student venue I ever went to - tiny attic - total health risk, timber everywhere, 1994 club dance, south street player - who keeps changing your mind (fresh fruit mix) proper house, in fact only venue in whole city to touch proper house at that time. Modern Timepiece is some indie dive. Avoid.

9. ? located on Testevere hilltop - Rome - played loads of nice loungey stuff, computer consoles in one corner, parrot in a cage, a geriatric batender - god knows what it was called. Just ask the taxi to take you to Testevere

10. 4 Aces (Dalston) - 1998. oh man, what a club (sadly, now flats) rastas, moth eaten carpets, halloween day-glo, reefers everywhere, french students, the umistakeable filter sound of daddy's favourite - i feel good things for you drifting through the haze

WORST 10 (no explanation needed)

1. Le Palais - Hammersmith
2. Humphrey B's - Exeter
4. some joint on Calle Muntaner in Barcelona where you have to wear a suit and they play Grease all night
5. Options - Kingston
6. Arena - Luton
7. La Parisienne - Folkestone
8. Space - Ibiza
9. some inbred shack on the suburbs of Halifax (Canada) I was taken to, which I vividly remember played Britney Spears, REM and Love Inc - you're a superstar in sequence
10. the free clubs at Maremagnum and Port Olimpic (Barcelona) - DIRE

Berlin is a serious ambition in August

any pointers - v welcome ;)

here ya go ;) in summer, there are decent nights to be found every night of the week.

i think you'd love panoramabar and tape. or any of the art warehouse style places that do one off/ad hoc parties like BHC or ballhaus.

and you have to make it to club der visionaire.....

1. Le Palais - Hammersmith

See you slate it, but for live events it was the mutts and to a certain extent some of the club nights in the early 90's were pretty good. It'll always bring back good memories for me...

School disco was the death of it.

Some of my fave places:

- Zouk, Singapore -the classic, Murakami and Warhol originals on the walls, very friendly international crowd
- Ibiza on the whole
- Beach parties in Bali

Wow! You do get around.

See you slate it, but for live events it was the mutts and to a certain extent some of the club nights in the early 90's were pretty good. It'll always bring back good memories for me...

School disco was the death of it.

I lived in that area and some people from college used to always have high hopes of pulling so it was like the obvious local meat market

unfortunately, my personal experiences there were diabolical - this is around 92/93 - maybe it improved after? - can't comment

the DJ always had the same records in his bag robin s - show me love, liquid - sweet harmony, sybil - when I'm good and ready, janet & luther.... etc etc

rough as fck clientele - and as for the fellas, I narrowly missed being glassed 3 times

just seemed townie in every way and I guess that was never for me :confused:

For me the best is/was dc10 Ibiza. Also the Exit festival in Serbia if that counts , really has to be seen to be believed. I think London is a great city to party. Public Life is a favourite dive of mine near Liverpool St.

Worst:
Faliraki , Greece
The Works , Kingston Upon Thames
L'Impasse , Bourg st Maurice , France
Pacha NYC

As parties and places change, I'll include years / DJs.

Best:
Ibiza Closing Week 2007 (Best ever, so far, for me)
1 ) Danny Tenaglia Closing @ Space 2007 and some of 2008
2 ) Space Closing 2007
3 ) Circo Loco @ DC10, especially closing, 2007
4 ) Azuli Closing, Space 2007
5 ) Bora Bora, Ibiza 2005 & 2007 (was one of my favorite clubs, see below)
6 ) Pacha, Ibiza 2005 & 2007 (Release Yourself, Pete Tong)
7 ) SPACE AFTERHOURS (Gone, but not forgotten)
8 ) Berlin 2005 (Maria - Tresor, Panorama Bar, Watergate)
9 ) We Love Closing, Space 2007
10 ) Twisted Closing, Space 2007
Amsterdam 2005
Madrid 2005 (Ananda) and just people partying in the streets, Barcelona was ok...
Crobar, NYC (When it was open, Mansion is sh*t)
Privilege, Ibiza 2007 (Cocoon, Meganite)
Amnesia, Ibiza 2005 (Espuma, though after the first time, the novelty wears off... I remember having fun at Armada in 2005 but left early in 2007) & Cocoon 2007

Occasionally decent:
Cielo, NYC 2008 (Misstress Barbara, Layo & Bushwacka)
Space, Ibiza 2008 (Danny Tenaglia, We Love, Matinee)

Worst:
NYC 'Megaclubs' (Webster Hall is a dump, Pacha NYC isn't much better, Mansion is plastic crap)
NYC Lounges (Mostly pretentious posers, 'networking', music isn't any good)
NYC Underground Clubs (No lightshows, no atmosphere, no dancers, many times no dancing even)
Bora Bora, Ibiza 2008 (They closed off the beach sometimes when they put up the blue curtain, no dancing on tables, I observed one bouncer who, on two separate occasions, viciously dragged somebody out)
Pete Tong, Eden, Ibiza 2008 (not the same as at Pacha)
Cocoon, Amnesia, Ibiza 2008 (left early)
Monza, Privilege, Ibiza 2008

Places / festivals I haven't been to yet (as far as clubs), but have heard good things about:
Greek Isles, Prague, Amsterdam Dance Event, Brazil, Former Yugoslavia

NYC 'Megaclubs' (Webster Hall is a dump, Pacha NYC isn't much better, Mansion is plastic crap)
Webster Hall was amazing when it opened. I went in '93 (?) and had an absolutely cracking time. Music, crowd, acrobats flying overhead... hadn't seen anything like it.

Went back when I took the missus to NYC in '98 and was utterly frightened. It was such a freak show that we (plus my brother) were waved to the front of the line upon entry. I assumed it was because we didn't fit the mold of "New Jersey in the houuuuuuuse!" (as I remember an utterly annoying MC shouting out to rapturous cheers from the crowd). :confused:

No one has said it yet so I nominate Moscow. 8)
Club XIII Halloween '03 with Layo & Bushwacka, Neneh Cherry and James Fierce was by far the wildest party I have ever seen anywhere.

Back