Roses Reform!!!

no, no, and no they arent - they wont be doing summer gigs or any gigs this year

ian has an album this summer and squire has his art stuff

its a crock of doodah

i can quote a friend of mine from yesterday who is ian's pa/helper etc

"no its not true before anyone else asks!"

beg to differ, have know about it for a while and my cousins ex-hubby, who happens to be mannys step-brother.....says it's all done & dusted!!

so

p.s Grego forgot to thank u for making my weekend last weekend!!! :)

yours and mine too pal!.

have you heard about dossena joining the magic circle..........apparently, they got in touch after watching him make 70,000 united fans disappear live on tv.:lol:

6itswh.jpg

96jgqd.gif

Last edited by a moderator:
whats the story about you and noel gallagher?
*laughs*

there's a 3 ;) not on here though ;)

mani and reni have always been up for it, squire has but ian has always been against it because he has his own career - i wouldnt rule it out in the next couple of years but certainly not this year

John Squire has told BBC Newsnight that he will never reform The Stone Roses.

Squire appeared live on the programme last night (March 19), insisting to host Gavin Esler that despite recent newspaper reports suggesting otherwise, the band will never play together again.

When Esler asked if there was "any chance" Squire would reunite with The Stone Roses, the guitarist answered: "None whatsoever."

The presenter then questioned whether never meant "absolutely" never.

"Yeah. I'd rather live my life than attempt to rehash it," Squire replied.

"It would be pointless. I find art far more challenging and rewarding."

Esler then asked Squire a final time if he was completely sure about his remarks. The guitarist paused briefly before giving his answer.

"Yeah. That's the whole point of the visit to your studio - I'm trying to stop the phones ringing."

Squire went on to reveal that he hasn't spoken to frontman Ian Brown since leaving The Stone Roses in 1996.

"Even if Ian and I were 'double-dating', as we did in our teens, then the prospect of a reunion wouldn't interest me at all," Squire said.

Referring to the sculpture Squire posted on his website today that featured a painted dismissal of the reunion rumours, he said: "I decided to post an image on my website to lay it to rest, and hopefully it will work."

Asked for his reasons for not wanting to reform the band, the guitarist said he is simply happy focusing on his artwork, adding that he is too old to play music these days.

"I think music is a young person's game and I don't think us old fogey's should get in the way of that."

I was never really that into the roses (the amazing fools gold apart) and the muso obsession with THAT album kinda put me off. However, I love a lot of Ian Brown's solo stuff - FEAR and el mundo pequeno in particular are excellent. John Squires on the other hand is a tit.

There's a real chinese whisper industry at the moment around all sorts of potential band reunions and stuff but this is one that was never really gonna twist my melons, tbh..

Brown doesn't need the Roses. He has his own career and can throw in a few Roses numbers when he plays live for good measure.

The three stooges need Brown for the pound notes!!

Back