Roman Polanski

The part where the great, tortured artist thinks he's above the law and lives abroad for decades? :confused:

I think the missing link in the story is that the judge, now deceased, apparently approved some deal between the prosecution and the accused whereby the latter would plead guilty and save everyone the trouble of a trial in return for a light sentence, then reneged on the deal. That's the point at which Polanski, who'd already plead guilty, skipped bail.

didn't girl in question retract the allegation?

in which case, any extradition/trial is ultimately a waste of time and money

didn't girl in question retract the allegation?

in which case, any extradition/trial is ultimately a waste of time and money

No....he paid her off. She sued successfully. She does not want it digging up again, far enough but....I can't see how he is not bang to rights.

The guy drugged, raped and sodmised a 13 year old, nice.

Whoopee Goldberg's enlightened view on the matter:

http://www.guardian.co.uk/film/2009/sep/29/roman-polanski-whoopi-goldberg

At times like this when Actors comment on real issue such as the rape of a child that we see how arrogant and vaccuous many of them actually are.

:rolleyes:

Rape-Rape Wtf :?: :twisted: Stupid cnut should keep her gob shut.

As for Roman, if hes guilty I hope they cut his balls off. If not then he shouldnt have anything to hide.

yeah, I can't see how his lawyers can wriggle out of this one. It is cut and dry.. he needs to face the music...

an interesting moral question though - should you feel bad for enjoying films he's made in the intervening years? I consider myself a huge fan of his work. When do you separate art from artist... always an interesting debate.

yeah, I can't see how his lawyers can wriggle out of this one. It is cut and dry.. he needs to face the music...

an interesting moral question though - should you feel bad for enjoying films he's made in the intervening years? I consider myself a huge fan of his work. When do you separate art from artist... always an interesting debate.

The Pianist was one of his wasn't it? One of my favourite films.

I'm not sure on this one, I bet everyone has a skeleton, big or small in their closet which you could object to if you wanted to(perhaps not as big as Roman's). I think the problem in this fellas case is that it may make it difficult to watch a film without thinking of the scandal.

something is very very wrong in that case ...
hasn´t polanski SINCE YEARS a house in switzerland ??
probably some swiss assclown wants to lick some american balls ...

something is very very wrong in that case ...
hasn´t polanski SINCE YEARS a house in switzerland ??
probably some swiss assclown wants to lick some american balls ...

This is what I do not understand. Why are you focusing on that? Surely the wrong is in ignoring his crime for the sake of him being famous, rather than electing to hand him over now? Pls explain - I'm struggling here:confused:

Back