Roger Sanchez @Pacha....

kitkat

I havent seen anyone comment on this night really so seeing as i(we) got back on Thursday i thought id share my thoughts.

Me and the missus bought a small bottle of Absinth(sp?) for on the way as we'd had enough of the extortionate drinks prices in the clubs.

We got in Pacha around 12.30am and it was fairly quiet, got talking to some Brits, who sorted us out, and away we went.

The S-Dude's tunes seemed a bit more uptempo than all the other times id seen him play in the past(gave up clubbing a long time ago so not seen him play since around 97), which was good as sometimes his stuff back then went a bit too into itself for me.

We got chatting to these 2 young lads from Cardiff, one of whom i thought was called Carlos, turned out his name was Gareth(damm loud clubs..), one of em had been beaten up by some scousers early one morning in San An and had his money and watch stolen(f***ers), so we basically danced the night away with them 2.

7am quickly came around and the whole club stayed and applauded Roger, (as he f***in rocked it)which made me reminisce about the occasions that used to happen when i was a club fiend.

I decided i wanted a couple of pics of the S man and some dude in the DJ box grabbed my camera and took one of him for me, but the missus had other ideas and hopped over the 'chain' that was meant to stop anyone getting near and got a hug and a kiss off Roger,(slapper :) ) so i thought f*** it, jumped over and said a few words to him about the first time i saw him play, which was NYE at Cream 94/94, he was appreciative of my knowledge of some of the tracks he played back then and was then kind enough to pose for a piccy with me and my woman, other peeps then saw this and did the same thing, (which i thought was nice of him seeing as he'd been in that box for 7-8hrs and probably wanted to piss off to his hotel/villa for some sleep.), so all in all, Roger S, top bloke and i strongly recommend his Monday night at Pacha.

;)

heh back in 2001 when he was doing the same nights in el divino i got my photo taken with him just as he was about to start, he came out te DJ booth as it was quite quiet cause we got there early

top guy, though he refused other people after me as he had to start DJing at some point and then rocked the place all night was fantastic

his album had just come out about a month before as well so it was cool hearing him mix tracks from that over the top of each other, truely was a great night

Yeah, i just looked on his website and lots of others say that he took the time to take pictures and chat etc, which i think is really refreshing for someone of his stature, i can think of other DJs who wouldnt bother.

Ive seen him live lots of times at Cream in the past and he rarely chatted when he was playing, which is understandable really, if youve seen him play you can see how into it he gets.

I saw Roger a couple of months ago at Sugarshack and I have to say it was the best set I'd heard for a long time. His interaction with the crowd just made the night so much better for everyone, talking to us all 2 or 3 times. It looked and sounded like he was really enjoying himself, which makes me enjoy myself a lot more.
Anyway, I'm gutted I won't see him in Ibiza this year as I fly out on a Tuesday for 4 nights only. I'm just hoping he's back at a club near me soon. Definatly one of my favourates.

It mentions on his Release Yourself site that hes coming to Manchester, but i cant find the date for it, someone pleeeease tell me i aint missed it!.

kitkat said:
It mentions on his Release Yourself site that hes coming to Manchester, but i cant find the date for it, someone pleeeease tell me i aint missed it!.

Oooooohhhhh, ooooooohhhhh, oooooohhhhhh! quick, someone tell me when this is - am thinking of going to Manchester in a couple of weeks.......

Roger's gigs are only listed until the end of September and his only UK dates are :
6/9 - Batanical Gardens, Belfast. (Could be ok for Kell)
26/9 - L'America, Cardiff.
27/9 - Bed, Sheffield. (Which I'm going to, Weheyyyyy!!!)

The S-Man certainly is a top bloke and I hope he's spinning some corkers tomorrow....He was class, last year as was Fatboy on the same night. Nothing beats a dj when they are up for it as much as the punters...kitkat, I've not seen any adverts for his arrival in town.....I know Mr Morrillo was here a few weeks ago but no Roger.

hook19 said:
Roger's gigs are only listed until the end of September and his only UK dates are :
6/9 - Batanical Gardens, Belfast. (Could be ok for Kell)
26/9 - L'America, Cardiff.
27/9 - Bed, Sheffield. (Which I'm going to, Weheyyyyy!!!)

Thanks Hook 19, can't make the Belfast gig unfortunately, sth else on. Going to Manchester anyway, Sat 24th (i think - terrible with dates!), never know, might make guest appearance in my honour!!!

kell said:
kitkat said:

Oooooohhhhh, ooooooohhhhh, oooooohhhhhh! quick, someone tell me when this is - am thinking of going to Manchester in a couple of weeks.......

If you keep your eye out on his site- www.rogersanchez.com it does say something about him playing in Manchester, but like i said, no date unfortunately, so im assuming after the September gigs it will be announced, im assuming it will be at Sankeys....?

Im tempted by the date at Bed but ive never liked that drive, seems to take forever, although it is a good club!. I used to go many years ago when it was "Love to Be....", met Prince Naseem in there one time when i was bolloxed actually...shortarse!.

:p

Roger mentioned on his website a while back that he wouldn't play at Sankeys due to a disagreement with the management some time ago. Maybe Sankeys have had a change of staff but I would have thought he would have played there by now if he was going to at all.

great to hear hes still doing a great job.over the last 3 or 4 years he's the main reason me and the missus hit ibiza,the best night on the island is release yourself and anyone who's not into the manumission thing would be crazy to miss the pacha night,cant wait 4 the 1st 2 mondays of sept,to hear him mix again

Im flying out to Ibiza with the missus on Sunday 7th September. My plan of attack is also Roger Sanchez (He is awesome). I am thinking of buying a 5 day club pass but to be honest I dont think the missus will last. Has anyone got any hints or tips to give me regarding the club passes as I have never bought one before.

Jon

If you think you can physically make 5 clubs, and therefore get your money's worth, in a week, then go for it. But we were advised to just look for cheap tickets over there and it served us well as we only went to Pacha and Space, oh and Eden for Retro but that was a freebie.

Cheers for the advice, I think I will opt to buy tickets out there as I know what nights I want see, but I will get the tickets out there. Do you get much trouble getting tickets out there are they easy to get..If so wheres the best places to get them

I had one of the best nights of my life at Roger Sanchez last year. Brilliant. I would highly remommend it to anyone! :D

Met a gay couple from Holland who wanted me and the wife to go down the beach with them afterwards, but they had to 'shag first'! Got 100% cattled. Met some nice people from Ireland and just had an out of this world night. Very, very messy!

Ended up walking into a glass door in a shop along the road and dropping all my change! Finished off with much nonsense at Whipps !

I LOVE IBIZA!!!

We found getting tickets was pretty easy, there were a couple of shops near where we were staying in Playa D'en Bossa that sold them and when we were in Ibiza town there were people asking as we walked down the street if we needed any tickets for any of the clubs. There also seemed to be quite a few shops, etc, in Ibiza town that sold them. There is no need to pay the price they ask on the door at clubs, we paid 45 Euros for Space and for Pacha we got 1 ticket for 30 and one for 35 euros.
Also, they sell tickets for certian nights at the warm up bars, for example, they were selling tickets for Roger Sanchez RY @Mambo coz he plays there before hand, and they also said they provided free transport from Mambo to Pacha if you bought your tickets from there.
Hope this helps.

Back