robbery on beach in playa den bossa beach ...

P

paul121

hi can anyone tell me whether they have ever had or seen a robbery on playa den bossa beach im staying in one of the beach clubs (playa den bossa beach club ) in aug someone who just came back from playa said watch out people taking your things when you are in the sea couse it happend a few times when he was there ive never had any problems with this any where else in the med where ive been i dont take much money when im on the beach anyway but its the thought of it happening anyway also they said with the people going round selling drinks on the beach like cans of pop u ask how much they r they say one euro 50 hey open the can then they say no i said three euro 50 con or what also the people who was selling the drinks then ran off with the persons wallet hope i aint got to put up with that shite when im over there ...

dont worry, Playa d'en Bossa is no worse than anywhere else. Just be careful, and you'll be ok.

(by the way - soz 2 sound like a twat but any chance u could use some commas or full stops fella, your msg was really hard to read!)

cymru am byth ;)

shimmy said:
dont worry, Playa d'en Bossa is no worse than anywhere else. Just be careful, and you'll be ok.

(by the way - soz 2 sound like a twat but any chance u could use some commas or full stops fella, your msg was really hard to read!)

cymru am byth ;)

Hee hee. I know I nearly passed out (thru lack of oxygen) reading his sentence! :lol:

Watch out on the playa d'en bossa beach in the after hours. There are some homeless sleeping on the beach ou there.

An Irish guy last September told me there had been a couple of attempted male rapes on Playa Den Bossa beach at night whilst they were there. Never saw any trouble myself though.

We were at Las Salinas beach and we'd been there a couple of hours or so when a girl (aged about 20ish) was crying and a couple near us went to see if she was okay and she said she had her bag stolen whilst she took her eye off it, not sure whether she had been in the sea. It had everything in it, money, car keys, mobile, clothes. All she had was her towel and bikini, the poor girl, I think the couple gave her some money so she could get back to her apartment. I'd hate that to happen to me, but it even shows on the best beaches you still need to have you eye open, thieves aren't stereotypical.

I saw no dodgy activity (well not of the stealing variety!) in Playa Den Bossa.

Although I wouldn't take valuables out to the beach anyway.

ibiza is a holiday island where people let their guard down. there are lots of people who come here especially to prey on the unsuspecting holiday maker. they are mostly opportunists so the answer is don't give them the opportunity. be careful with your possessions, both inside and outside your accommodation, and don't do anything in ibiza that you wouldn't do in your home town.
it's a minor problem on the island - don't let it become a major one for you!

"Male rapes" ????

That is probably the last phrase I wanted to hear with less than 2 weeks to go... :rolleyes:

No, please don't make me persuade you negatively, I'll bet my holiday money you'll not encounter any problems and have a great time, it's just what some guy told me. But I wouldn't be on the beach late, it's too dark and like Stephen said certain types take advantage of un-suspecting holiday makers unfortunately.

As Ive said before just take the precautions that you would take at home or anywhere else in the world. I'm sure Ibiza is probably safer than other holiday destinations. Theres always going to be rumours about bad goings-on.

Exactly. ibiza is probably about 100 times safer than London and other big cities.

glasgow-chick said:
As Ive said before just take the precautions

Is that against the male rapes? I'd just rather not be in the position to need any 'precautions' in the first place!!!

Back