RIP Frankie

Turnmills 2005. Rampling decided to 'retire' and threw a party for a few hundred (thousand?) old timers and the odd relative pup like myself all sweatily crammed into that club for one final hurrah. Knuckles went on at about 4am and made a heartfelt speech before teasing in the famous piano from marshal jefferson house music anthem. The place went nuts. It was nostalgic and filled with spinetingling classics eg tears, your love etc etc there was so much goodwill in the air and i will never forget it. Rampling came on at 7 and was dire but he had long been upstaged by then anyway! Looking at all the tributes today, i was in awe as a second generation fan, so can't even begin to imagine what it was like in 85-86-87. Wonderful musical legacy to the world.

RIP

Sound Factory/Sound Factory Bar some of the best nights of my life [= never ever a bad time at ANY Frankie party- man was pure class.]

Had the pleasure off seeing FK play 3 times the last being at the date in November and he was outstanding and deserves to be called a legend amazing R.I.P the legend Frankie Knuckles.

A sad day is when a legend passes away and today is a sad day :(
R.I.P 'godfather of house music'.

Turnmills 2005. Rampling decided to 'retire' and threw a party for a few hundred (thousand?) old timers and the odd relative pup like myself all sweatily crammed into that club for one final hurrah. Knuckles went on at about 4am and made a heartfelt speech before teasing in the famous piano from marshal jefferson house music anthem. The place went nuts. It was nostalgic and filled with spinetingling classics eg tears, your love etc etc there was so much goodwill in the air and i will never forget it. Rampling came on at 7 and was dire but he had long been upstaged by then anyway! Looking at all the tributes today, i was in awe as a second generation fan, so can't even begin to imagine what it was like in 85-86-87. Wonderful musical legacy to the world.

Saw him at the Turnmills closing party in 2008, he must've played from 4 till 8 or something. Amazing set

Very sad news

Can't believe it. I was. 50/50 in whether to go see him last weekend Ministry.

Thanks for the memories. One if the big guns in our industry has left us. Make no mistake about that.

Ferg

Saw him at the Turnmills closing party in 2008, he must've played from 4 till 8 or something. Amazing set

Very sad news

I was there for that, the only time I've seen Frankie. Blew me away. Did he actually stop? I was there till about 10am, and I'm pretty sure he was still playing then

FK's thoughts on Guetta

BkNTNSbCMAALzTk.jpg:large

Back