Review of my First Trip

jonbawls

AMAZING!!!!!!
I left NYC on a Friday evening at 6:30, and did not arrive in Ibiza until Saturday at 2 in the afternoon (layovers, time difference)

Saturday: Way too much giddy over tired energy to do the wise thing and take a nap....headed to Bora Bora, hung out by the sprinkler (why is this not going on everyday??????), decided to have a quiet evening went to a few bars in Playa de en Bossa, discovered my first Vodka Lemon....was home and exhausted by 4 AM

Sunday: Up bright and early for Space...stayed for a little while, then left and returned for Smokin Jo's set, not only is she beautiful, but also a great dj....after her set my friend and I spent a couple of minutes talking to her, she seemed really cool....I think that I fell in love, WHY WONT THOSE BASTARDS AT SPACE LET ME BRING A CAMERA????? I would have killed for a pic with her. Sunday night, went to Judgement Sundays, Jules was a little dissapointing...but Ferry Corsten played, probably the best set that I heard on the island. I met a bunch of cool brits...can't remember the guys name, but after looking at my pics, he is the sickest Judge Jules look alike, apparently they are all over the island.

Monday: Did some shopping, then to Manumission....its ok, I am pissed that I missed Sanchez or Seaman, but now that I got it out of the way, I will never go to it again, but with that said, I'm glad that I went. (even though my friend got sick and I was in the world's biggest club by myself)

Tuesday: Manumission carry over at Space....after seeing some of the cracked out individuals in that place, in can see why no cameras are allowed, if I had a pic of one of those characters I would be frightened....then too the Garlands party at Bora Bora which was really cool....then to Mambo for Perfectos warm up/Pete Tong's B'Day....where I met Roger Sanchez, who loved seeing some guys from NYC...much respect to Mr. Sanchez.....at Pacha that night, Kleinenberg was a little light for what I expected (I will see him next week in NYC) but Tong exceeded alll expectations, excellent set....also respect to Andy from Scotland for buying my friend and I a bottle of champagne

Wednesday: Walked around Ibiza Town all day....saw some really cool shit, this being my first time out of the US, I wanted to see how some other cultures live....went to Coatline for dinner (Great!) then to Mambo for the Subliminal pre-party...Morillo got sick 30 min into his set, this made me change my mind about going to Pacha (I wasn't sure if he would play a full set....I later heard that he did and it was great) so I ended up at Amnesia for the Foam party....I almost died but I had a great time.

Thursday: Alot of the day at Bora Bora (you can't get enough of that place) I was most looking forward to this night at Cream....I have to ask was any place on the island besides Amnesia open this night????? Moving was difficult in there, forget about dancing, Tiesto played a great set, but I had to leave a few min. into PVD....I could barely breathe, when I left I saw a huge line of people still coming in (are there not fire safety laws here?)

Friday: Punta es Moli for Radio 1....Jason Bye was a great warm up....then the Essentials Selection was great, Dirty Vegas, Tim Deluxe, and an amazing Darren Emerson!!!!! This was very reminiscent of the Radio 1 party at Nikki Beach in Miami (cant wait for that again)....I bumped into Jason Bye at Cafe del Mar later that night, what a great guy! I hope to hear more stuff from him....couldnt make it out that night, as I had a 7 AM flight on Sat. (where I flew from Ibiza to Barcelona to Madrid to New York...taking almost 17 hours to get home!!!)

All said it was the greatest trip of my life and I can't wait to do it again next year....I guesss that I will just have to wait for the WMC to wet my appetite for 7 more days in the greatest place in the world!

huge review jonbawls.
TNX.
happy for you that you made it and for your lovey dovey feelin'
SMO JO is a babe .... :twisted:
Love to hear you being trapped by Darrens performance. he rocks.
He's quite close to SASHA , but different , playful, experimental , a juggler
:rolleyes:

that was my first taste of darren emerson, and i must say that he is incredible....i missed sasha at space (ferry corsten made up for that night) but sasha will be in new york next week....in fact i am listening to him right now on trustthedj.com he is sick

... go 'n' get the SASHA vibe...
He's infectous.
Recently had him here @ loveparade. This was my first SASHA night ,
though i heard several sets before
My mate was only wondering where all the sweat comes from.
He's not the literal sweat trigger but he moves you deeep down inside.

8)

seemotion said:
... go 'n' get the SASHA vibe...
He's infectous.
Recently had him here @ loveparade. This was my first SASHA night ,
though i heard several sets before
My mate was only wondering where all the sweat comes from.
He's not the literal sweat trigger but he moves you deeep down inside.

8)

I can't wait to see him....he is even signing copies of his album at a record store near me. It just sucks that he is playing here on a Wednesday night...have you ever heard anything from James Zabiela?

ichy76 said:
Any disrecommendations?

Like everyone says, AVOID THE WEST END!!!! I wouldn't avoid San Antonio all together, there are alot of cool sunset bars, and pre-parties there, but there is one area of the West End where people are all trying to get you into their bars, and won't take NO for an answer....Also if you have never been there, I would probably go to Manumisssion, although I think that Seaman at El Divino or Sanchez at Pacha is probably a better idea. (I only went to Manumission because I had never been to Ibiza before, and I wanted to see what all the fuss was about....it is a cool show, but not really a great night of clubbing)

James Zabiela is a very very talented dj with(imho) rubbish taste in music. he can mix& scratch like the finest hiphop dj but loves the breakbeats too much for me. sometimes when the mood takes him he spins some squelchy acid house. sacha loves him which may/may not be a recommedation depending on your point of view.

James Zabiela is a very very talented dj with(imho) rubbish taste in music. he can mix& scratch like the finest hiphop dj but loves the breakbeats too much for me. sometimes when the mood takes him he spins some squelchy acid house. sacha loves him which may/may not be a recommedation depending on your point of view.

rustywoo said:

Thanks, that is the first legitamate review of the guy that I have heard....I have heard that he is great, and when I ask people what he sounds like, they say "I can't describe it"....from your reply, it sounds very "describable"...he is only playing for 2 hours before Sasha, so I might just check him out

jonbawls said:
have you ever heard anything from James Zabiela?
Nope. Sorry.
:confused:
But stick with SASHA and you won't miss a JZ whatever ...

8)

Back