Review of 2019

in terms of what some of the industry people I've seen are voting for (c/o DJH furtive 50)

these seem to be the biggies :

Kink - 'raw' + 'to love you'
Roisin Murphy - incapable - og + crooked man dub pt3
Marie Davidson - work it (soulwax rmx)
The Vision - heaven
Sworn Virgins - lazer beam
Rheinzand - Blind
Omar S - Pull Ovaa
Ghost Vision - Mirador
Somerville & Wilson - Yantar (Fango Remix)
Zara McFarlane with Dennis Bovell - East Of The River Nile

in the albums: quite a few shouts for Chromatics, Floating Points, Sault and Lana del Rey

final rundown usually goes to broadcast first week of Jan

I ought to give the LDR album another go. She often has some real gems, but it can be a lot of hard work to find them, unless it's a single.

anyways.. if anyone else on my wavelength want to add their picks, that would be cool

exiting forum for the year. no further inspiration and nothing to add.

hasta la pasta //

Some favorite mixes
100 bpm Zartcore by HOVR on #SoundCloud

105 bpm Zartcore by HOVR on #SoundCloud

Keinemusik Radio Show by The Drifter 19.07.2019 by Keinemusik on #SoundCloud

Powel b2b Christian Voldstad @ NEVER SLEEP AGAIN | Burning Man 2019 by Never Sleep Again on #SoundCloud

Mixes by Christian Voldstad on #SoundCloud

Last edited:
Hard to decide, it can change alot depending on my mood.
Top Albums 2019:
Robag Wruhme - Venq Tolep
SAULT - 5
Elder Island - The Omnitone Collection
HVOB - Rocco

Favourite pop song:

Favourite Mix:
Listen to Keinemusik Radio Show by Xinobi 15.02.2019 by Keinemusik on #SoundCloud

Favourite DJ Set:
Dixon - Pacha
Butch - Heart

Favourite Gig:
Khruangbin

Top Tracks 2019:

This year has been great for music, I've probably listened to more music this year than I ever have in my life, so quite alot.

Not a 2019 track, but one of my favourite discoveries of 2019:

Big love also to all the radio/stream DJs who kept me sane through work this year. It can be a real labour of love for the lesser known ones, digging, perfecting, spending hours producing/presenting shows few will ever hear, which consume time and which usually earn you nothing.

take a bow >

leo mas, clandestino, two mamarrachos, fabrizio mamarella, juju & jordash, heidi lawden, dj harvey, ruf dug, mr scruff, michele berto, larry heard, etienne jaumet, craig bratley, mark e, clara & matthew intermission, moodymann, BAOL, phil mison, andrew weatherall music's not for everyone, wayne holland, moonboots, adam warped, bruce tantum, paramida, sunshine jones, justin van der volgen, antony daly, luis costa, samuel valls, omar s, bekka rawkins, pau roca, sergi deckard, dj alex, i-f, intergalactic gary, george mihaly, convextion/ERP, daniele baldelli, dixon, elle andrews, jose padilla, lovefingers, lena wilikens, nightmares on wax, kuniyuki takahashi, project club, awesome tapes from africa, kenneth bager, man power, bill brewster/djhistory, unabombers, joakim, cosmo, dennis kane, tim sweeney/BIS

+ all the unsung heroes, bloggers, reviewers, researchers, writers, artists, documentary makers behind the scenes

all in their different ways, keeping the flame alive

Dig deep and ye shall reap..

Last edited:
Back