Retro - empty!!!

Scottish-Helen

Me and my other half shelled out 27 euros each last week to go to Retro which this year has moved to Saturday nights.

I was looking forward to hearing some tunes from back in the day but we went in around 2am and there was honestly only about 30 people in Eden :eek:

We decided to go home and save ourselves for Space the next day as there was just no atmosphere in the place.

Did it get busy later on anyone?

Is the move to Saturday to blame?

I wasn't expecting it to be rammed but I was shocked at just how quiet it was.

Hope it picks up for them

Retro's strange, some weeks it is busy, some weeks empty :confused: There never seems to be a pattern to it either!

How do the schedules in Eden behave?
I mean, 2 am is a little too early to get into a club. But as Eden is full of British people I don't really know if it got bustling afterwards, but maybe it did.

i remember going to a retro ibiza reunion a couple of years back in TallTrees yarm and that was a sell out with people stucj outside trying to get in. Tall Trees holds about 7000 people so for it to be empty suprises me.

maybe people are getting tired of the same music at every retro

GazDaBomb said:
i remember going to a retro ibiza reunion a couple of years back in TallTrees yarm and that was a sell out with people stucj outside trying to get in. Tall Trees holds about 7000 people so for it to be empty suprises me.

maybe people are getting tired of the same music at every retro

Yeah, they should start playing some new stuff :lol:

Saturday is generally a quiet night club wise. I think many of the package holidays have a big changeover on Saturdays. I went to Retro last year in August and it wasn't very busy either I think this is the reason they have pushed it to Saturday.

I was chatting to someone in DC10 who also went. They paid 27 Euros and when they got there the pr people were trying to hand out free tickets to make the numbers up. It musn't have worked even giving the tickets away.

Initially the enthusiasm was there but the popularity seems to have definitely wained for this night. i will be suprised if Retro are in Ibiza next season.

We went to Retro on the 14th june an hour after we had arrived on the plane.
luckily we only payed 10 euro's each to get in. There was about 700 people in there but they most of them didn't seem to know why they were there. It was full of Sharon and tracy's and lairy beer boys.
Danced for a few hours and left early as i was getting pissed off with the knobs in there. The island was quiet when we were there. Retro might get better as the season gets along

Scottish-Helen said:
we went in around 2am and there was honestly only about 30 people in Eden :eek:

maybe they didnt do enough promotion!! :rolleyes:

0004_G.jpg

A little birdie told me

Any retro workers going to any other club on Saturday night would be getting the sack.

Allegedly!!

Wonder if it's true

You're out there

You're out there why don't you ask one of their flyer team.

I only heard it as a rumour

My friends worked for Retro last year and they came to Subliminal with us on the same night Retro was on, in fact Retro put us all on the subliminal guest list so it definately wasnt a problem last year......... :confused:

Back