Restaurant reviews 2017/2018/2019

Status
Not open for further replies.
Any review from beso beach? Would like to go to the beach with my gf for a dinner

Or if you can recommend something like this with music and decent food ... but not on the east side of the island for example amante nassau etc

Presume you mean the (newish) Beso at Salinas and not Formentera? If so, I’m not sure dinner at any of the places at Salinas is that recommended ... everything really seems to shut down from 7-8pm in my experience ... lunch a much better bet ... we enjoy the food at Jockey Club more than anywhere else at Salinas ... for dinner Beachouse in PDB is good but I am sure there are better recommendations for somewhere special

Went to sun Suites' Thai resto last night in PDB. The resto is part of the hotel, located poolside. Had pad Thai, it was okay. I've had better. But the resto has a nice view by the pool and it's quiet

Last edited:
So we went to Hana yesterday following the great reviews on tripadvisor and it didn't disappoint.
Croquet and langostine starters were great and the salmon and wagu beef mains were outstanding too, not to mention the ginger cheesecake.
Very friendly staff too.
Slightly more expensive than SaVida which is near but only came to 45 euros per head with wine so a steal really.

Bringing a bag with drinks/sandwiches if going to an event at harbor is the ANSWER (Water/homemade hierbas and ginger schweppes,bread,chorizo,crisp..)
Better if u can carry a ice bag too ..

If still hungry u got Va bene ,better options than mc Donald for burgers, close to bus station..
Lot of restaurants in harbor close at midnight outside summer reason instead of 2am.
Should be at harbor if there wasnt Carl Cox at Ushuaia...

Where to eat before/after Solly at the port?

Not sure if they take booking but I really loved Tender Ibiza (next to Ryan's La Marina) for very authentic Italian pasta or maybe the port will be a little too busy and you could try Locals Only in Plaza del Parc or I heard good things about La Taberna for Tapas (next door to Locals Only)

Nope, paellas along menu del dia is only on sunday 1pm..no menu del dia at night..
Didnt pay attention if they make a paella as meal as ,i think they only do tapas sandwiches on their menu

Es ventall or es rebost de can prat(for this one check if they make paellas,but i like this small restaurant more than es ventall)
So have you tried a paella in either of them? After somewhere that is tried and tested if I’m honest. Would be going for lunch on Friday before we can check in to our hotel

Update look like they make paella outside their menu del dia and meals too
I only tried cheap one at benitez that is good..
Es ventall ull pay kind 25€ but good feedbacks (it can only be better 4han benitez as u got lot of seafood)but i never ate paellas there but other meals that were really yummy,only price is not so yummy ?
All meals i ate at es rebost were yummy except arroz de matanza i didnt like it at all

Its quite a place, not for a mega romantic meal or anything, just good wholesome food.
Locals queuing up outside to get in, so it must be good. I certainly enjoyed it and its cheap in there.
If you see a queue then dont be put off. We went inside to the bar at the back and asked the waiter to let us know when a table was free.View attachment 7676
Lovely! Looks and sounds like this could do the job perfectly then. Cheers for that.

La Bodega - best tapas I've personally eaten on the island with a great atmosphere/buzz about the place!
Shit service,worst in Ibiza ever(been going to Ibiza since 1977) gf got oil on her silk Italien dress,from the guy serving us. No sorry only a bottle of aqua con gas to clean it.☹
but like the Talamanca one.

Decided to go to Pacha restaurant last night. We (3 of us) had fancied seeing what Flower Power was like and as we like good food thought it might fit the bill....wrong.
After a bit of to-ing and fro-ing we were given a 10pm table time. When we got there we were told we had to give the table back by 11.45 which seemed fair enough. Our table was in the Pandora part and I wondered if they'd shuffled stuff around because of the weather.
Anyway, we ordered plate of ham and potatas bravas to share. No spuds left, at 10pm, when they only opened at 9.
The ham came and was average at best, quite a lot of fat, for 38 euros I expected better.
My steak was well cooked so that was fine. The wife had chicken and mate had monkfish, all ok but nothing to write home about. Desserts were a bit better but again have had far better elsewhere. Bill was 308 euros including 2 bottles of wine so did what we wanted it to in terms of minimum spend.
Service, however, was all over the place; there was a big party surrounding and there didn't seem to be any control over how they were served. We finally left our table at 12.20. Now I know it's Spain and things can be a little more relaxed in terms of timing but in what classes itself as a top end eatery, well over 2 hours for a 3 course meal, really? Not good enough, even with the free entry it seemed overpriced.
Enjoyed FP though, bit too much 60's for my liking but funky room was really good!

We did Pacha Restaurant a few Sundays ago. I’ve done it multiple times over the years. Could not fault the food. Some parts of the menu are really outstanding now.

However, the Service was all over the place too.

And I know they are a business, but the up-sell was actually quite aggressive. Nick knew one of the wines well, but they tried telling us that another one €50 more “was better”.

We were surprised as overall I think Service levels in Ibiza this year are the best they have ever been! On multiple occasions we were really surprised how much they have improved.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back