Restaurant reviews 2017/2018/2019

Status
Not open for further replies.
All cheap place shutting 1 by 1?
Looks like I'll go anytime Es rebost de can prat as close by 400m from hotel
sometimes u lose some time to look for restaurants while u havecoaets nice one
Stuffed Calamar +pan aioli+Figuea ice cream 30€ :cool:

can Terra for Tapas..
expensive, @jimmiz U mean 50€ n not 100€?
I won t drink alcohol except agua
I can afford 1 good meal at restaurant the other will be ibz on shoestring such Chicken Vitaminas owned by French 6€ meals + Chorizo revila :D their pasta better than can buffi

El ricon de pepe is not cheap 10€ baby squids.. 4€ aioli...better spend twice n have good meal at El rebost de can prat

we ate ate at Va bene ,hamburger close to el Zaguan..I was sure el zaguan was at other place unless,unless they opened 2 places?

Last edited:
Very easy to find. I asked someone for directions few years ago and I was standing right outside..:oops:

Now back since nearly 1 month... time for my yearly restaurant review :)

Tried a few restaurants I never went and didn't have our yearly KM5 & Amante dinner... Some babysitting issues forced us to cancel...
But that's not a problem, there are so many other places in Ibiza :)

So, here we go:

Sissi's (PDB):

Now I remember why 2 years ago we told ourselves we will never go again...
Service is very bad, it wasn't full at all and I think it took already 1/2 hour to have someone to ask us what we want to drink...
Not even a waiter smiling, I suppose it's not the work of their lives but just smiling and be kind to customers could maybe bring them better tips...
Food was decent, a bit pricey for the quality thought.
This was definitely the last time for me, still wondering why we tried it again.

Ciao Ciao (PDB):

Most probably the best italian restaurant in PDB.
Don't think it is a tourist trap, as it isn't.
The food is really good, they even have gluten free pasta. Pizzas are great.
It is quite fast to be served, service is good.
Christian (the PR on the street) is always very kind.
Price is not expensive at all.

Locals Only (Ibiza Town - Plaza Del Parque):

It seems that our favorite tapas restaurant in this area doesn't exist anymore (then one just close to "Angolo"), so we had to find another place.
First time there, and for sure not the last! Food was excellent and only made from local ingredients!
Even drinks are mostly locals...
Staff was very kind with us and with our 2.5 years old daughter.
We took a few tapas, everything fresh, healthy and tasty... I really recommend going there!
Price is not expensive, very correct, probably our new favorite on Plaza Del Parque!

Manapany (Ibiza Town - Plaza Del Parque):

A few days later we were back in this area but Locals Only was already full, so we went to the next restaurant which looked also fine.
Very good food but less tapas available, more oriented to their menu del dia.
It was very good too, and staff was also very kind (they even rearranged part of the tables to make a table available for the 4 of us ;-)).
Very good cocktails too, we had a good time.
Price was comparable to Locals Only, with Menu Del Dia helping us to eat cheaper ;-)

Can Den Parra (Dalt Villa):

3rd year in a row there, very local restaurant with great food.
Not very expensive, their Paella is very good! (best Paella we had this year)
I took a big plate with 2 steaks and a big goat cheese in between... + peper sauce and potato gratin...
And first time I tried a Flao (a shame after 17 years of Ibiza holidays :)). And it was delicious ;-)
And as every year, the boss put a bottle of hierbas and didn't stop serving us... he even wanted us to finish the bottle.
Great place, will definitely go back!

Sa Trinxa (Salinas):

Still our favorite beach spot... can't imagine my Ibiza holidays without Sa Trinxa.
Went 5 or 6 times this year, music always very good (but when it is Jon Sa Trinxa it always has this special balearic vibe...).
You have to try their Sangria de cava Rosé, you won't be disappointed!
And food is always good and fresh, same menu since years but you will always find something you like.
Not cheap but not too pricey neither... Service is good and fast, and you pay to have a wonderful spot with the best beach balearic atmosphere.
Still the same waiters since many years, probably a proof that they like to work there.
Can't recommend more to go there (but please don't ruin this great place :)).

Experimental Beach (Cap d'Es Falco - Salinas):

Already went there a few years ago but on a day it was closed...
Now it was finally time to try it.
Wonderful view and nice place, very crowded.
Cocktails are amazing!
Food was very good, we took some tapas and portions were big.
We went after the sunset so I think we missed part of what makes this a sensational location... will go earlier next year.

Bar Anita (Sant Carles):

We went there to buy my Hierbas bottles. Unfortunately no table available outside which is more charming than the inside room.
Cheap tapas, very good. Our friend didn't like her pizza... it didn't look like a pizza from an italian restaurant but more like the ones you buy in supermarket.
Anyway it wasn't that bad. Service was ok.

Sa Caleta (Sa Caleta):

I already wanted to go there since many years... to try the famous cafe Caleta :)
And now that we went... we even went twice as it was such a nice location.
Stunning view with the cliffs and the beach. Waiter was very kind and really was taking time to take care of his customers.
I ate there the best Tortilla I ever tried in my whole life (ok I live in Belgium so I'm not used to eat such good Tortilla... but I already tried many in Ibiza).
We tried their Paella which was great. I tried also their Flao but I preferred the one from Can Den Parra.
And so... we finally tried the cafe Caleta, and it is amazingly good! They prepare everything in front of you... I think that I will now need my yearly dose of cafe Caleta :)
Price is reasonable, will definitely go again.

Kumharas (San Antonio Bay):

It's been a few years since I last visited Kumharas which was one of our favorites back in the time.
Things have changed a bit, they rearranged the tables with only one "oriental style sitting" table left.
Less choice in the menu, but the food was great... The chicked friend rice was delicious.
Service was very good, and even had a long chat with the waiter, talking about the change for the locals,...
Price is not too expensive, but not cheap too.

Mumak (PDB):

One of our favorite in PDB. They servers a mix of mexican and asian food.
Cocktails are very good, really recommend trying one of those...
Nachos portion is really really big! Our friend wasn't very hungry and took Nachos as she didn't want a plate... and she finally had way more than we did :)
Food is very good, price is normal.
Service is ok. The only bad thing is that it can be very windy at some time.
Note that a big fight started in a bar nearby... people throwing tables and chairs... (of course this is not Mumak's fault :))

Raco Verd (San Jose):

Still one of our favorite, cheap, great food, great cocktails, great service...
After going there every year I think I tried everything that is on the menu, and I loved everything.
We went 2 times this year, but we didn't have a chance to have a live concert.
Can't recommend it anymore!
Now that there is now a shop selling Ibiza products (drinks, clothes,...) I think it is new (or maybe I missed it last year?).

And overall... again a very good year in Ibiza, can't wait for summer 2019 to come back... still so many places to discover :-D

nooo... the place the pirate mentioned!

es ventall won't close anytime soon, their young chef is one of the best on the island and continues getting awarded for his work!

Can Pilot this Tuesday just gone for my birthday meal.
Well, I can only echo what has been posted before: it was well worth the wait.
Excellent (and v.reasonably priced) food and also the best customer service we've experienced in a restaurant all summer.
Will definitely be heading back before we wave goodbye this summer.

Great review.. how about Amigo and Mr Sick team up for a spotlight culinary travel show..

Ahah let's organize this for next year ;-)

A restaurant I really wanted to try is the Giri Cafe in San Juan... but as soon as I parked my car nearby a huge storm started... so I just went to the estanco to buy my 3 bottles of Hierbas Can Vidal then I left... It will be for next year :)

Ahah let's organize this for next year ;-)

A restaurant I really wanted to try is the Giri Cafe in San Juan... but as soon as I parked my car nearby a huge storm started... so I just went to the estanco to buy my 3 bottles of Hierbas Can Vidal then I left... It will be for next year :)
Lucky you to not have been to the Giri...
One of the biggest disasters I experienced in ibiza.
Twice.

Not one for restaurants being Solo, but decided I needed a proper meal and just been to Relish in the Bay. Food and service both amazing. Why have I never been here before?!

The Olive Tree in the bay closed for good at the beginning of september buuut... stay tuned for The Olive Tree presents Rhythms & Roast every sunday at Factory Bar & Smokehouse starting this weekend!!!

Our Rhythms & Roast return to Factory Bar & Smokehouse bigger and better thanks to our collaboration with Ana and Roland from The Olive Tree, and Andy Baxter thrown in the mix. Bookings are essential.

43546317_1434430813355914_1185359000296751104_n.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back