Resistance bands?

jaycranney

Whats happenin folks?

I was in the gym last night and bumped into a guy who I havent seen there for a long time... I have to admit that compared to the last time I seen him, he's looking very trim and very cut.

I asked him about how he got into such good shape and he said that he hasn't lifted weights in over a year, he's only used resistence bands... has any one ever used these before? Would you recomend?

I've been a avid gym user from I was 16, worked in one for 3 years and I would say I'm in good shape, but I would have never thought that these bands would give me a good enough workout... maybe I was wrong.

J

Whats happenin folks?

I was in the gym last night and bumped into a guy who I havent seen there for a long time... I have to admit that compared to the last time I seen him, he's looking very trim and very cut.

I asked him about how he got into such good shape and he said that he hasn't lifted weights in over a year, he's only used resistence bands... has any one ever used these before? Would you recomend?

I've been a avid gym user from I was 16, worked in one for 3 years and I would say I'm in good shape, but I would have never thought that these bands would give me a good enough workout... maybe I was wrong.

J

a very homo-erotic post!!

you been watchin "Top Gun"?? ;)

Haha, I realise it sounds a bit 'flouncy'...

Its more about me being a cheap skate... dont see the point in wasting £35 a month when I can do eveything from home.

PS: Top Guns not gay, well apart from the whole volly ball, 'playing with the boys'... actually, yea it is! ;)

J

Resistance bands are great. Cheap, light, portable and very easy to use - what's not to like?:)
Not to be critical of gyms, as they provide a useful service, but personally I really don't like gyms, much prefer "real" activities like running, swimming, skiing, biking etc and resistance bands provide good support exercises for all these, in minimal time, which is essential for me with a job, a house, a dog, 3 kids, a husband and a vague attempt at a life. The only time I go to a workout place is for the very occasional Pilates session with machines !
Give them a go...
Meanwhile, what would be an example of a musical "resistance band" ??? !!!

Yes, resistance bands work very well. I would keep up the gym though for cardio purposes though, it's hard for me to do that alone.

HDR, maybe KMFDM or Rage

being "cut up" is all about having a low body fat % so you will need to keep on top of your fitness by doing CV work.

Resistance bands are not a bad workout tool but you will never be able to really push yourself & build good muscle mass with them as they do not provide enough resistance for this, where as with free weights you can up the weight once you get used to it.

Resistance bands are good if u just wanna maintain what u have with minimal effort or expense.

U can go onto google & search for "resistance band workouts" & u will see all the different muscles u can workout using the band in different ways

Last edited by a moderator:
being "cut up" is all about having a low body fat % so you will need to keep on top of your fitness by doing CV work.

Resistance bands are not a bad workout tool but you will never be able to really push yourself & build good muscle mass with them as they do not provide enough resistance for this, where as with free weights you can up the weight once you get used to it.

Resistance bands are good if u just wanna maintain what u have with minimal effort or expense.

U can go onto google & search for "resistance band workouts" & u will see all the different muscles u can workout using the band in different ways

Cool,

Ive started doing Tabata to lower my body fat... its been a nightmare coz I've had to give up the smokes but thats not a bad thing and I've lowered by 2% in in just under 4 weeks, (currently 14%)

Not really wanting to put on anymore weight, just maintain what I have like you say.

Cheers.

J

They are ideal for women and toning But I wouldn't imagine they are good for men?? Although I could be wrong.

Why not just get yourself some dumbbells and barbells?

350michelle3.jpg

"Resistance bands can be fun and very convenient when on vacation"

To be fair i am guilty of this!

I have taken one on holiday with me- as sad as it sounds, the way i see it, u spend all yr at the gym trying to get in shape, it seems pointless to let it slip for the 2 weeks u are away + i always fine it clears the old hangover nicely.

What is 5 mins a day out of your hols whilst your waiting for the shower??

I tried doing these bands and I really didn't like them. I agree, I don't see how you can build up true muscle with those things.

To be fair i am guilty of this!

I have taken one on holiday with me- as sad as it sounds, the way i see it, u spend all yr at the gym trying to get in shape, it seems pointless to let it slip for the 2 weeks u are away + i always fine it clears the old hangover nicely.

What is 5 mins a day out of your hols whilst your waiting for the shower??

:lol: I was trying (but failing) to say was they are only good to use along side weights

Last edited by a moderator:
Back