Rep trips

DJ Biff - Once again I see and like what your typing. But what I was trying to tell him was that if he gives the reps his cash he will loose the option to do what he likes when he likes as it will all be planned on a time table for him. I would imagine that he wants to go to the"formula" bars and clubs just to say he has been. You live there so your outlook is different to us people who go there to have 2 weeks off from planet earth.

Regards

Totally coiffeured Ian

PS I hope you and Cherry B enjoy all the nights and days of fun you have lined up.

Well i wish i had enough time on the island to discover as much as Biff does.

First year ended up in a "Freestyle" hotel although luckily due to last minute booking we were inelegible for any of their "charms of entertainment" so relaxed around the front pool. How i laughed at my mate hiring a scooter to go off on his own around the island, "your gonna miss all the daytime drinking and birds we cried!"

BAck in england the non event of pulling and sickness from sun drinking well forgotten, Paul's video diary of what he'd got up to (we didn't see him for 4 days solid) made us envious and so the following year, we were slightly better positioned in the bay, a jeep was hired!

It was the best thing ever done and repeated the following year when 6 of us crammed into it daily for a magical mystery tour. Sunbathing with germans, being taught italian by goddesses and losing my contact lense round the back of my eye whilst jetski-ing all occured thanks to getting away from san an in the day!!!

Every year though we return to favourite haunts, my birthday at mambo with as many friends as possible (last year all of the tables in front of the DJ who just happened to be Pete Gooding and Roger Sanchez) a night in the west end (who cares if it's not cool, different is cool!) and a sunset in a carpark half way up a hill way away from sunset strip!

Ibiza is so different in every place but don't knock the beer boys or the clubbers because it takes all sorts to keep the economy going and allowing us choice. I mean who would want to go to Ayia Napa if the garage clubs were closed?????

DJ Biff said:
i guess what i'm saying is don't criticise people's choices of spending their holidays in different ways. ibiza is more than the west end, it's more than a few clubs or sunset bars, it's more than the sports harbour at botafoch, it's more than the golf course, it's more than family entertainment in san antonio bay and santa eulalia.
how many times have i read here about being open minded and then in the next sentence read criticism of someone else, because they like beer, or boys, or girls, or footy tops, or sarongs, or 3 million pound yachts, or sliced cheese. what does it matter?
the problem of youth is its intensity. we have to prove our membership of elite bands to the exclusion of all else - hence the lemming like rush to a few clubs and about 8 bars in two different areas of a tiny island. and at what cost? we'll pay anything to be part of our elite group, outrageous prices, 3, 4, 5, or more times higher than the average elsewhere, to have surly staff consider you lucky that they're serving you.
listen, this month me and cherry b will be watching opera under the stars at dalt villa, sitting in a garden bar high in san jose, relaxing with a jazzy trio, barbecuing on the beach at sa flama, watching laurel and hardy films in spanish at the outdoor cinema, jigging about brasil style down at tropicana, and lounging on sundays with an ice cafe and the paper, sitting on the decking at the nautical club with a cod and "foaming" potato tapa, taking breakfast to cala conta, swimming with the dog at cala bassa as the sun goes down, winning the taboggan races at agualandia, and having candlelit feasts of seafood and tabouleh, couscous and fresh vegetables on the balcony.
there's a whole tiny world here waiting for you all. just look and you will find it

another classic post - i thought i would bring it back for the newbies!! ;)

that sounds more like something robo would copy and paste!

but i think the 'young' DJ has something to say. if he was serious more often may be somebody would listen!

i like this topic
you lot clearly are the maturer members
all advice given shouldn't be take as law anyways
i'm 26 i drink i club i chill
i just find ibiza you can be everything and anything
snob nob just labels

helpfull info

i have done the trips, can't complain. the not all great but they are genrally a laugh.

not if you don't have to pay for the privlage of doing all the trips you can pick and choose, and no one can stop you tagging along on a bar crawl

as you too can get free entrance and free drink it's the norm in most bars.

the boat trip is genrally a lugh.

it's okay if you bugget is limited and you more intreseted in girls then clubbing..

S4racen said:
How i laughed at my mate hiring a scooter to go off on his own around the island, "your gonna miss all the daytime drinking and birds we cried!"

BAck in england the non event of pulling and sickness from sun drinking well forgotten, Paul's video diary of what he'd got up to (we didn't see him for 4 days solid) made us envious and so the following year, we were slightly better positioned in the bay, a jeep was hired!

funny story!! :lol:

Dont do club 18 - 30's rep nights there crap!

They cost loads when u can buy cheap tickets from shops or on the door with a flyer an they line up really crappy nights!

Buy mixmag an check the web out before u go of nights happening out there so u dont miss anything u really wanna go 2

Hmmm it all depends on what u want out of your holiday. i think the rep trips r crap to be honest!

I went with club 18 - 30's this year an all they kept tryng to sell us was the "booze cruise"

Dont buy club tickets of them either. They made me an my boyfriend laugh cause they had this 7 day plan of clubs and me an my boyfriend only bought tickets for helter skelter and the rep was annoyed and turned around and said to me and my bf that we wont have anything to do for the rest of the week as we can only buy tickets via them :lol:

THATS SUCH RUBBISH! U CAN BUY TICKETS EVERYWHERE!

They try an sell you tickets for something called "Gold" soem cheesy night an they try to get you to go to a club where Pat Sharp DJ's :eek:

nuff said

steer clear of rep organised trips :eek:

ive been the last 3 years and booked up the excersions staright away
every time althou i go with escapades and in my opinion they are very good !!!!!!

i like the 2 hour free bar @ sgt peppers great venue great party atmosphere the sunset cruise is superb aswell but the beach party is wicked last wednesday the beach party was possibly the best day off my life ive never laughed so hard ever!!!!!

well worth the money althou some of the pub crawles got boring after a while

escapades are good they dont force you to buy anything plus they will leave you alone if you want all round pretty good !!!

plus i like to buy my club tickets from them when i arrive i know there not cheaper but once i got the tickets the money left over is for beer!!!!!!

that means i can do all the club nights i wanted to even if im running low on cash !!!!

its a genious idea to me !!!

i cant complain about the trips with the reps I book with them every year and it doesnt mean you miss out on any big nights as they even took us to Cream, Manumission and Judgment Sundays and other different sorts of nights out so we were well chuffed.

They would have to pay me to be seen walking about the streets with them parading around silly bars, I would save yourself the money unless you want to look like a freak :eek:

i didnt look a freak thanks very much, thats a very silly attitude everyone is entitled to do what they want on holiday, the reps excursions worked for us so just u keep doing what makes u happy on holiday

DJ Biff said:
i guess what i'm saying is don't criticise people's choices of spending their holidays in different ways. ibiza is more than the west end, it's more than a few clubs or sunset bars, it's more than the sports harbour at botafoch, it's more than the golf course, it's more than family entertainment in san antonio bay and santa eulalia.
how many times have i read here about being open minded and then in the next sentence read criticism of someone else, because they like beer, or boys, or girls, or footy tops, or sarongs, or 3 million pound yachts, or sliced cheese. what does it matter?
the problem of youth is its intensity. we have to prove our membership of elite bands to the exclusion of all else - hence the lemming like rush to a few clubs and about 8 bars in two different areas of a tiny island. and at what cost? we'll pay anything to be part of our elite group, outrageous prices, 3, 4, 5, or more times higher than the average elsewhere, to have surly staff consider you lucky that they're serving you.
listen, this month me and cherry b will be watching opera under the stars at dalt villa, sitting in a garden bar high in san jose, relaxing with a jazzy trio, barbecuing on the beach at sa flama, watching laurel and hardy films in spanish at the outdoor cinema, jigging about brasil style down at tropicana, and lounging on sundays with an ice cafe and the paper, sitting on the decking at the nautical club with a cod and "foaming" potato tapa, taking breakfast to cala conta, swimming with the dog at cala bassa as the sun goes down, winning the taboggan races at agualandia, and having candlelit feasts of seafood and tabouleh, couscous and fresh vegetables on the balcony.
there's a whole tiny world here waiting for you all. just look and you will find it.

rant over. (and not one swear word used)

DJ Biff.

am i right?

I love your balance of life in Ibiza DJ Biff - you have it sorted.

Back