recommendations?

All the cool people are going in that same week I heard ;)

haha are you calling me old?! o_O I may be 37 but I still feel 27 (unless I'm hungover - in which case I feel 107 lol) - haha how defensive about my age do I sound lol

No, to be fair, I still love a good night out and can rave until the wee small hours with the best of them, I just don't want to be surrounded by sweaty shirtless 20 somethings that theres no getting away from!

Thanks for your suggestions though, will check out an Ants playlist on Spotify
You’re not old, believe me

The crowd at Ants was very young when I went there two weeks ago. All the blokes were strutting around shirtless and all the girls looked like failed TOWIE wannabes. Suffice to say the wanker quotient was high! Put another way it was a truly shit crowd of predominantly non-clubbers, standing around filming themselves. This was a shame because the music was great and the production impressive but the twatty punters killed it for me.
I'm planning on going to ANTS the 15th. The line-up is massive. But should I reconsider it? Is there no way to find your own spot, enjoying the music and stay out of fu**ing idiots?

I`m also rethinking ANTS!
Hoping that by the end of September the kids will have gone home.

August crowds are always terrible. Whenever I've been to Ants has been in September and there is an element of that kind of crowd (as there always is) but usually found it very European crowd

August crowds are always terrible. Whenever I've been to Ants has been in September and there is an element of that kind of crowd (as there always is) but usually found it very European crowd

I'm heading back to the island with some newbies in tow. I don't want to scare them on the first night, also don't want to get stuck next to the `selfie brigade`.

So far the plan is looking like -

ANTS on 29th Sept
Destino then Solomun on Sunday
Pyramid (if still alive) on Monday. Beers and sunset on Tuesday.

Any banana skins here?

I'm heading back to the island with some newbies in tow. I don't want to scare them on the first night, also don't want to get stuck next to the `selfie brigade`.

So far the plan is looking like -

ANTS on 29th Sept
Destino then Solomun on Sunday
Pyramid (if still alive) on Monday. Beers and sunset on Tuesday.

Any banana skins here?

sounds like a good plan.

I done Ants on Saturday and have been there a total of four times

The crowed is very mixed in my experience in that you will get people on it for the music / people want IG pics / People drunk / Posers / spectators

I believe it is the way it is marketed they even stopped the music Saturday and asked everyone to raise their phones and post a pic on IG.
Observation though there was a lot less pyrotechnics compared to the previous event

Ants isn't quite what it was three years ago

Last edited:
I done Ants on Saturday and have been there a total of four times

The crowed is very mixed in my experience in that you will get people on it for the music / people want IG pics / People drunk / Posers / spectators

I believe it is the way it is marketed they even stopped the music Saturday and asked everyone to raise their phones and post a pic on IG.
Observation though there was a lot less smoke and mirrors compared to the previous event

Ants isn't quite what it was three years ago
I'm hoping Beachouse are doing something that night instead, love it there. If not, ANTS it is..

Back