recommendations?

Maverick

Hi

My boyfriend & I will be there from 17th-24th Aug. I've been to Ibiza a few times before (2008, 2011, 2014) but my boyfriend has never been before.

We're not planning on going hard every night (we need some actual R&R!) but we wouldn't mind a couple of nights where we go to a club. The trouble is deciding which ones! We've seen a couple of nights we'd like to go to, but then made the fatal mistake of reading reviews, which just end up putting us off!!

So we're looking to you guys to hopefully help us! Things have changed quite a bit since I was last there so I hate to say it, but I feel a bit out of touch!

We've checked some of the DJ's out on Spotify and we like the likes of Jamie Jones at Paradise, De La Swing at Elrow, and Hot Since 82 at Pacha to give you a feel of the kind of music we like. Something with a deep house feel to it. Nothing too mental but nothing cheesy/commercial either!

We're staying in Santa Eulalia (''been there, got the t-shirt'' for staying in Bossa & San An) but don't mind getting the bus/taxis to wherever we need to be.

Oh, and not that it ever really makes a difference, but I'm 37, and my boyfriend is 35. So anywhere that full of 'kids' dancing to anything that would make the charts over here (David Guetta I'm looking at you!) wouldn't really be our cup of tea!

We love making 'holiday friends!' (insert best Inbetweeners impression here!) so anywhere pretentious or people up there own backside, no thanks!

Sorry for being such a fussy customer! I fell in love with everything about Ibiza back in 2008 (except the drink prices maybe!), and I'd like my boyfriends first experience of the White Isle to be just as amazing as mine was!

As you said paradise at dc10 would be your kind of music although fairly young crowd
Friday daytime- shadows at blue marlin is a good party.
Solomun at Pacha on a Sunday a mix of deep to melodic techno ( worth listening to some of his mix’s online)
Also Look out for any day time events at destino. Maybe not on a Sunday as rumours can be a little pretentious.

I think Paradise is deffo one we're gonna go to. I went to Circo Loco in 2014 and loved DC-10 as a venue.
Will give Solomun a listen as well.

Anything on Friday is out cos that's when we arrive/leave.

I actually like the look of Destino, and its free to get in which is a bonus! Might have to persuade the other half into a daytime thing and try and drag him away from the pool!

Have you been to Elrow @ Amnesia? That was another night we were looking at but read some pretty bad reviews about being rammed in like cattle. Nothing worse than not having your own little space to dance in!

I actually think you might like rumors because it normally doesn't have a very young crowd and on the other hand, be aware that at paradise the crowd is very young...

elrow is super busy indeed. especially on the terrace where the main elrow action happens. it's better in the club room though.

Hot Since 82 (Labyrinth) Friday's at Pacha would be right up your street I think. We went there a couple of weeks ago, the music was fantastic - deep/tech house and the crowd were really friendly, smiley clubbers. The wanker quotient was very low ;). Indeed, we enjoyed it so much that we're flying in for one night only to do it again in a couple of weeks.

Thanks Stivi - how young are we talking for Paradise?

We might end up doing the Oceanbeat Catamaran sunset cruise on the Thursday, so would have to choose between that and Paradise on the Weds night. Cant take the pace of two nights on the bounce anymore!! Same with either Elrow on Sat night or Rumours followed by Solomun on the Sunday night...

Too many choices!!

wanker quotient! :lol:

we arrive at 8pm on the Friday night, so I'm up for Labyrinth @ Pacha that night. My t'other half though might need a bit more persuasion! Planning on taking him to Guarana in SE to get him revved up! Heard good things about that place. If I bought us a couple of tickets from Spotlight, and didn't end up using them, would we be able to get a refund / sell them on??

I'm making us sound way older than what we actually are haha. I'm just past some of the 'first timer' mistakes we've all made in the past. And when you're paying 50-70 for a ticket, you wanna have a good time, with good people, good vibes and good music. Not have to put up with obnoxious bouncers/bar staff or as you put it, the 'wanker quotient'!

If I bought us a couple of tickets from Spotlight, and didn't end up using them, would we be able to get a refund / sell them on??

you can only cancel them beforehand (until 24hrs prior to start of event) and then get a refund. as far as I know we are the only ones to offer this.

but if you buy the tickets and you then simply don't use them, no one will give you any refunds.

elrow is super busy indeed. especially on the terrace where the main elrow action happens. it's better in the club room though.
Stivi we are heading to Elrow mid sept. We’ve been to the club a number of times and Elrow in different places.

Interested to know makes the club room better for Elrow at Amnesia

simply less rammed and usually better musically
I found this to be true....but sometimes the theme in the Terrace is worth it.
So if it is..say Elrow music or Singer morning...the more standard themes. Go to the club room.
If it is Enchanted Forest, Rowyear, Rowmuda..any once in a season theme. Be sure to check out the terrace at least an hour or two around the end of the night when its more quiet.

I am in San An from the 16th to the 22nd Aug :)

Have you thought about Ushuaia Ants? - I feel day time parties are the way forward especially the older you get (31 myself) and it is a superb venue and superb production.
The music is tech house and the age group is mixed. Tech house is what Jamie Jones plays though Jamie Jones is unique
I feel as a first timer Ushuaia Ants would be impressive and this is a very good alternative to Paradise DC10 which I would personally avoid even though the lineups are very good for my taste

Elrow is one of those must do events I guess to say you've been but just be prepared for it being very very busy. If you want to be in amongst the action be prepared to not be able to raise your arms during the hustle. Elrow is the production rather than the music/dancing - Andrea Oliva in the club room would be decent (He is at Ants also)

Last edited:
All the cool people are going in that same week I heard ;)

haha are you calling me old?! o_O I may be 37 but I still feel 27 (unless I'm hungover - in which case I feel 107 lol) - haha how defensive about my age do I sound lol

No, to be fair, I still love a good night out and can rave until the wee small hours with the best of them, I just don't want to be surrounded by sweaty shirtless 20 somethings that theres no getting away from!

Thanks for your suggestions though, will check out an Ants playlist on Spotify

No, to be fair, I still love a good night out and can rave until the wee small hours with the best of them, I just don't want to be surrounded by sweaty shirtless 20 somethings that theres no getting away from!
The crowd at Ants was very young when I went there two weeks ago. All the blokes were strutting around shirtless and all the girls looked like failed TOWIE wannabes. Suffice to say the wanker quotient was high! Put another way it was a truly shit crowd of predominantly non-clubbers, standing around filming themselves. This was a shame because the music was great and the production impressive but the twatty punters killed it for me.

Back