Recent change in noise regulation?

Durekeye

Hi everyone,

My wife and I are having our wedding ceremony/party in Ibiza on September 17th.
We booked a nice location (Pura Vida nearby Santa Eularia) and one of our killer criteria was that we wanted to celebrate outside. When we booked everything a bit more than a year ago the wedding planner didn't mention anything about moving inside at a specific time. A few weeks after the booking we were told that we have to move inside at midnight which was still ok for us. A few days ago the wedding planner mentioned now that noise regulations have changed and that we have to move inside already at 22:30 which is definitively to early and not what we wanted. 22:30 also seems very early as many restaurants and bars also play music outside until later than 22:30.
Can anyone let me know if the regulations have really changed and that after 22:30 no more music is allowed outside at beach restaurants/clubs?

Thank you for any information already in advance.

Cheers
Michael

Hi everyone

Can anyone let me know dB limits for indoors and outdoors (also depending on the time) as I am organiziing a wedding party? Or where I can find this information.

Any input is much appreciated.

Thanks
Michael

Hi Michael,

I don't think you'll get the exact answer you're looking for. Niu Blau beach belongs to Santa Eulalia and, for different reasons, that municipality is not as relaxed with noise pollution as Ibiza Town, San Jose and San Antonio. It also depends on how well they get along with the Town Hall, etc... there's a long list of variant$!

Hi Michael,

I don't think you'll get the exact answer you're looking for. Niu Blau beach belongs to Santa Eulalia and, for different reasons, that municipality is not as relaxed with noise pollution as Ibiza Town, San Jose and San Antonio. It also depends on how well they get along with the Town Hall, etc... there's a long list of variant$!
Thanks a lot for your feeback. Unfortunately looks like there is no other option than moving inside at 22:30.

Hi everyone,

My wife and I are having our wedding ceremony/party in Ibiza on September 17th.
We booked a nice location (Pura Vida nearby Santa Eularia) and one of our killer criteria was that we wanted to celebrate outside. When we booked everything a bit more than a year ago the wedding planner didn't mention anything about moving inside at a specific time. A few weeks after the booking we were told that we have to move inside at midnight which was still ok for us. A few days ago the wedding planner mentioned now that noise regulations have changed and that we have to move inside already at 22:30 which is definitively to early and not what we wanted. 22:30 also seems very early as many restaurants and bars also play music outside until later than 22:30.
Can anyone let me know if the regulations have really changed and that after 22:30 no more music is allowed outside at beach restaurants/clubs?

Thank you for any information already in advance.

Cheers
Michael

Hiya,

We got married in July last year at Elixir and as far as music went we were able to have it loud inside and the patio doors onto the terrace were open so our guests could wander in and out. To be honest it was such a long hot day that once the sun went down and the party started properly most people stayed inside where it was air conditioned (and the DJ and bar were) as it was still in the high 20's even at 11pm and just popped out for a smoke occasionally. Have a great day!

Hiya,

We got married in July last year at Elixir and as far as music went we were able to have it loud inside and the patio doors onto the terrace were open so our guests could wander in and out. To be honest it was such a long hot day that once the sun went down and the party started properly most people stayed inside where it was air conditioned (and the DJ and bar were) as it was still in the high 20's even at 11pm and just popped out for a smoke occasionally. Have a great day!

Hi,

Thanks for your comment. We are now also trying to get an agreement that we can at least have the doors to the terrace open. Because more than 50% of the people are smokers and and if they have to go outside with doors closed it's difficult to create a good party atmosphere.

Thank you, have a great day too

Back