REC (Spanish Horror film)

Dan x

:eek::eek::eek::eek::eek::eek::eek::eek::eek::eek::eek:

Mierda!

(available with English subs ; )

I can't review much of it without giving some of the storyline away, but if you like thrillers and/or horror flicks, go and see this now!

Amazing film! :D

Its brilliant isnt it - Scary Granny is tres scary - a wee bit shouty I thought but very good - I am getting into my Spanish films at the moment... there's a US or UK remake of this out now....

I found this as good as the Orphanage and that scared me ****less!!! 8)

It's a great film!

I think the subtitles adds something to it as well. The scary granny who keeps coming back for more....:eek:

I was also moved to creating a post on here about it :lol:

Yup, I don't think you need to worry about spoilers Danielsan!

I'd also recommend on a different tip 'Die Weller' (The Wave). German with English subtitles.

Yeah. This film really is truly excellent.

Gripping, edge-of-seat stuff throughout.

Avoid if you are of a nervous disposition and / or have loose bowels.

Hollywood have already done a disastrously second-rate remake, 'Quarantine' that skillfully manages to remove all of the tension and enjoyment from it so you should avoid that too.

I liked it.

There is also a crap hollywood remake out though as usual :rolleyes:

The sequel comes out later this year, written and directed by the same chaps as the original.

Here's hoping that it won't be a souless, cash-in turkey.

Will have to watch that then, love me horrors I do :evil:

I found this as good as the Orphanage and that scared me ****less!!! 8)

This should be arriving on blu ray any day soon, looking forward to it !! You seen Pans Labyrinth ?? Meant to be good also (same director).

Anyone seen the Descent ? Meant to be worth a look if you like horrors.

Looks realy good, will order this now :D

Heres a description of the plot :-

A team of local TV reporters are following a squad of firemen on night duty. The footage is completely live and their task is to make show about on the life of these professionals who work while we are sleeping. The first job of the night is to rescue an old lady who is trapped inside her apartment but the routine rescue soon takes a sinister turn. Something evil is spreading throughout the building, out of control. Trapped inside, the firemen and the TV crew have to confront an unknown and lethal horror. Now, the only thing that matters is hiding, surviving and trying desperately to escape. They must keep on recording. No matter what happens. Until the very last moment.

RECstill01.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
argh scary old woman who just wont stop!!! :eek:

Seen Descent - loved it -

Pans Labyrinth - really weird film but very quirky and enjoyed it a lot...... but wouldnt say it was scary

I would also recommend 'Switchblade Romance' to the horror-affecionados. Definitely worth a look if only to marvel at the interesting use of a decapitated head as a masturbatory aide.

Back