Reading the years gone by....

OllieNotts

This forum is a serious timewarp :eek:
I implore anyone who wants an insight to Ibiza before the "vest" and ocean club to go back to any section of this forum and go to "last page" and read from there.
What a different time only a few years ago but soooo different.
Please share your opinions warts an all here. I think Ibiza was better then it used to be....still love it though :lol:
Sorry to cause another page of rants but lets be fair, Ibiza "was" better in 2006 then it is today.... :p8):spank:

This forum is a serious timewarp :eek:
Sorry to cause another page of rants but lets be fair, Ibiza "was" better in 2006 then it is today.... :p8):spank:

sleping-smiley.jpg

Quite a statement from someone who first went in 2008 and, by his own account, spent most of his time off his face on his most recent trip. Loving your insistence though.

I wish there was :lol:
Its true though, ibiza was better then.

You say it was better before Ocean Beach etc..it's not as if that replace has replaced anything that made Ibiza so good though is it?
I know it took over from what were two restaurants? which im sure were very nice but did they make any ones holiday that much better?

I stayed near there my first year and that spot where Ocean Beach is always seemed like the wasteland between our hotel and Bar M. I'm all for using the location for something different.

My take? Was Ibiza different? Yes, somewhat (although not as much as everyone makes it out to be)

Was Ibiza better? No. Just different. I have just as good a time when I visit now as I did then.

sleping-smiley.jpg

Quite a statement from someone who first went in 2008 and, by his own account, spent most of his time off his face on his most recent trip. Loving your insistence though.
Not really, I can read about decades gone by and get a feel for what a better standard of life people had. Just because I didn't go doesn't mean I can't make a judgement as to whether it is better or not. And I was only off my tits for half the holiday :p

You say it was better before Ocean Beach etc..it's not as if that replace has replaced anything that made Ibiza so good though is it?
I know it took over from what were two restaurants? which im sure were very nice but did they make any ones holiday that much better?
It was a joke, I thought I would get a bite off you though. Chief vest and ocean club spokesperson :lol:
I was only fishing for a bite for the most part apologies it is what vodka does to me after a crap evening at work :oops:
On a serious note, the site really is a great reference point and if you have some spare time it is defo worth a read back to 2003 and see how the posters then got on on their trips. Always makes me wanna be there again whenever reading about Ibiza though.

Always have a great but different time each visit.I`ve been going since 91 and of course lot of changes since then.I spent a few seasons there in the early/mid 90s and that was the most amazing time for me.Changes since 2008 are for the better i think.8)

Chief vest and ocean club spokesperson :lol:

:lol:

I just don't see the point in slating so many things before even trying them / visiting them for yourself. Far too many people on this forum knock things without even giving them a go.

Fair enough they may not fall in with what you usually like but why not have an open mind for once and give them a try.

:lol:

I just don't see the point in slating so many things before even trying them / visiting them for yourself. Far too many people on this forum knock things without even giving them a go.

Fair enough they may not fall in with what you usually like but why not have an open mind for once and give them a try.
I agree, I too can be guilty of said arrogance, but they are crap and you now have official forum title :lol::p

I've been wearing vests in Ibiza since I first went (in 2002?). Maybe I can take the credit for starting the trend? 8)

Back