Reading Festival

Emma_1983

Just got back from Reading Festival and am totally festivalled out after V the weekend before.

Still a great weekend, so so different to V though, the crowd is different and the music.

Both good in their own ways but Reading definitely has a more aggressive feel to it, no holding back when mosh pits start and everyone gets dragged in, pulled to the floor, kicked, punched etc.

Me and my midget friend kept well back from all of it as we knew once we were down that would be it :lol:

Saw some great bands:

The Killers, Metallica (end of it), Last Shadow Puppets, The Raconteurs, Tenacious D, Dirty Pretty Things, Dizzee Rascal, CSS, Queens of Stone Age, Bloc Party, The Subways

There was plenty more but memory is hazy :lol:

Have to say I was in stitches over Tenacious D, Jack Black was hilarious. And so so impressed by The Last Shadow Puppets, have to say I was so glad I saw them. Really good sound.

Silent Disco was also amazing, so so funny, I am sure everyone is aware of the concept but basically you all wear headphones and have your own little disco in a quiet room, take off the headphones and you can hear everyone singing.

Ace weekend 8)

I'd have to throw stuff at Jack Black, he really is a cocksmith.

Rest sounds good though, mosh pit GBH is STANDARD :D

I don't understand mosh pits at all. Especially when you clearly don't want to be involved. I was at punk gig a few years ago, not involving myself in a pre pubescent mosh pit and some yunt came up and elbow charged me and thought it was hilarious. He recieved a swift slap and his rebuttle was that he was only doing it for 'fun and games'.

Anyway, Reading looks alright but it sounds as though it's just purely underage kids showing how cool they are being there with their band t shirts. Wouldn't be up for that at all. Firstly, how do people not pull 12 year olds ? Secondly, you don't want some little kid watching you stumble around smashed. Thirdly, kids are annoying.

Silent Disco was also amazing, so so funny, I am sure everyone is aware of the concept but basically you all wear headphones and have your own little disco in a quiet room, take off the headphones and you can hear everyone singing.

Was everyone dancing :confused: ? Bet it was well strange, would be a laugh though, especially a little twisted :lol:

Sounds like you've had a couple of great festies !! Nice one :lol:

I don't understand mosh pits at all. Especially when you clearly don't want to be involved. I was at punk gig a few years ago, not involving myself in a pre pubescent mosh pit and some yunt came up and elbow charged me and thought it was hilarious. He recieved a swift slap and his rebuttle was that he was only doing it for 'fun and games'.

Anyway, Reading looks alright but it sounds as though it's just purely underage kids showing how cool they are being there with their band t shirts. Wouldn't be up for that at all. Firstly, how do people not pull 12 year olds ? Secondly, you don't want some little kid watching you stumble around smashed. Thirdly, kids are annoying.

Me neither. Its just dangerous if you ask me. A few of my guy mates we were with got pulled in, punched, kicked etc. They enjoyed it but thought they were going to die in the Pendulum one.....

All fun and games but not for me.

Im thinking Glasto and V next year, bit more chilled out 8)

Was everyone dancing :confused: ? Bet it was well strange, would be a laugh though, especially a little twisted :lol:

Sounds like you've had a couple of great festies !! Nice one :lol:

Yeah everyone was dancing more then you would at a place with music playing, odd I know but so god dam funny.

All you can see is people going "turn the channel" my friend was screaming at me to change the channel I did and got the Beverley Hills Cop Theme/Axel F song - QUALITY 8):lol::lol:

Back