Re The Footy Last night...did I miss something....

stuie said:
Sil the facts are the facts!

The spanish FA were very reluctant to give an apology.

Any racist chanter in any UK fooball arena is likely to get a battering upon the first monkey noise being made.

The Dwight Yorke case was not obvious mass racism.

The Spain case was mass racism.

X-amount has only said what has been reported in the UK press.

Yes of course, but X-amount was putting english clubs as a example and it's not the case cos as I said, Barça and I guess most spanish clubs have the same policy.

And to be honest, I'm tempted to remember that we have no fascist party in this country of MASS Racism

Real Mallorca that plays in the spanish football league it is also controlled the same way that in the Barça football stadium.
I would like to say something, of course just to those that happens to say all the time that spanish people are racist, I am spanish and I am not racist, but I am more tolerant and if I read this sort of things:
http://www.farenet.org/news_article.asp?NewsID=124 I don't happen to think that all english people are racist. And of course I think is shamefull what happenned the other day and I am not proud of it. But it is not something that happens all the time, some of you speack like if we have never seen a black player in our league there is a lots of black players some of them there very loved.
So explain to me why you are so convinced that all spanish people are racist, and why don't you stop saying it all the time, with sentences like there is a great difference in Spain it was a mass thing in England no, like if this proves all spanish are racist. You say this even so you have the same problem, because maybe you have prejudice against spanish people and you just believe it , and probably because you read that newspaper that allways say some disrespecfull things about spanish people like that our mothers have moustache and things of this sort. That is a way of racism.

So good job I know England :D , lots of english people and I know for certain that not all english people are hooligans, and if I didn't knew any english i wouldn't think it either, because all countries has their good things and their bad things, like everywhere.
In Frnce they have Lepen i don't happen to think that all french people is racist, In Austria they had an ultraconservative and racist party in power and I do not happend to think they are racist.

Stuie ofcourse fact are facts and I asume what happened the other day like a problem. But you must understand my point when I have to justify myself in this forum because I am spanish.And the spanish embassy in London did apology but maybe your newspapers didnt take any notice as they just are interested in saying we are a country of racist and we do not deserve having the Olimpyc games in Madrid, what a coincidence that London also want to have the Olimpyc games.
Instead of trying to solve the problem, looking whats wrong in people that takes them to do so ugly things to people just because there are black, homosexual, sudamerican, asiatic, even me, we are worried about acusing each other of : who is the most racist, for christ sake we are all people, with the same stupids problems.
I thing that politics are everywhere even here.
Love to everybody, seariously I think is a good thing that we can talk about this.

mikkak no one has said they think all spain is racist! i certainly don't think that... i just feel that it wasn't dealt with by the spanish FA the way it would of been in UK. also i think lots of people, most spanish people included were shocked at the amount of people chanting in that dreadful game.

we've seen over the last few weeks that every debate about anything political or relating to any countries differences just ends up with people getting defensive/heated or the thread being locked so there isn't any point in continuing with this or any other discussion of this nature! :(

have a good evening everyone ;)

sorry can i just ask mikkak... do you think the spanish olympic bid should be succesful after this incident?

if you were not spanish and on the olympic committee would you want Spain to host the games?

Stuie ofcourse fact are facts and I asume what happened the other day like a problem. But you must understand my point when I have to justify myself in this forum because I am spanish.And the spanish embassy in London did apology but maybe your newspapers didnt take any notice as they just are interested in saying we are a country of racist and we do not deserve having the Olimpyc games in Madrid, what a coincidence that London also want to have the Olimpyc games.
Instead of trying to solve the problem, looking whats wrong in people that takes them to do so ugly things to people just because there are black, homosexual, sudamerican, asiatic, even me, we are worried about acusing each other of : who is the most racist, for christ sake we are all people, with the same stupids problems.I thing that politics are everywhere even here.
Love to everybody, seariously I think is a good thing that we can talk about this.

S2E3Dave1.jpg

"anyone fancy a pint"

x-amount said:
Ferd said:
Just goes to show, it's not only a problem in Spain, but everywhere.

The person/(people? it cant be more than a handful) are now under full police investigation. When found, they will automatically be banned from ALL UK and Ireland football grounds for 10 years or maybe even life (cant remember which). If charged, they will be arrested under the crime inciting racial hatred, and could face a heavy fine, or even a custodial sentance.

In Spain, the noises were coming from (people, but not the whole crowd, obviously) from ALL corners of the stadium, and only after insistance from FIFA did the Spanish FA give a muted apology.

To compare the two instances is absurd. This country has been excellent in it's efforts to eliminate racism from not only the terraces, but society as a whole. As in the Dwight Yorke case, you will find it is very very much the exception rather than the rule.

At no point did I compare both situations X-amount. I know last weeks scenes were far worse than sundays, but the way some of the press were going on last week more or less implied Spain lived in the dark ages and England had no problems what-so-ever.

All i'm saying is that the problem has not gone away completely in England either.

It's a bit silly that we're even arguing because at the end of the day, we're actually both on the same side!

Honestly Stuie, I think that most of the countrys that are trying to get the Olympic games in their country have certain racist problems, Paris, london, Madrid, they all have the same problem, have you read what I posted before, i mean the link about racism Turkey - England, about Lepen, do you think London deserves to have the Olympics? I would answer for you I think they deserve it, I do not think that english are racist, a few they are, what happens is that when we are speacking of racism a few is a lot, because the ideal is the inexistence of racism. About Madrid I know that most spanish people are no racist, I am not deniying what happened, but I know that is not representative. So with my hart and my brains I can say that London and Madrid and Paris deserves to have Olympics, of course I woul rather prefer Madrid.

And, ofcourse I want a pint, allways.

mikkak said:
Honestly Stuie, I think that most of the countrys that are trying to get the Olympic games in their country have certain racist problems, Paris, london, Madrid, they all have the same problem, have you read what I posted before, i mean the link about racism Turkey - England, about Lepen, do you think London deserves to have the Olympics? I would answer for you I think they deserve it, I do not think that english are racist, a few they are, what happens is that when we are speacking of racism a few is a lot, because the ideal is the inexistence of racism. About Madrid I know that most spanish people are no racist, I am not deniying what happened, but I know that is not representative. So with my hart and my brains I can say that London and Madrid and Paris deserves to have Olympics, of course I woul rather prefer Madrid.

And, ofcourse I want a pint, allways.

In short, if the scenes of last week happened in London/the UK i think it would be an utter disgrace if our Olympic bid was sucessful.

Of course I know most people in Spain are not racist but after the world saw the disgusting behaviour of a few last week I don't think there is much chance of this olympics being in Madrid.

Now... for that pint! ;) :p

They wouldn't be Olimpyc games if the Olimpyc commitee had to choose a country with an inexistence of racism.
:D :D :D a toast stuie

Back