Rage against the machine

Robder

Done!!!

This email confirms receipt of your order. Your PlayDigital purchase should be available immediately from the My Downloads section of your account. If your order contained any 'pre-order' items, you will be emailed on the day of release to notify you that the item(s) have been released and are available for download.

Thank you for ordering with Play.com

Please check the following order information:

Order Reference(s) :

Item : Rage Against The Machine - Killing In The Name (Album Version)
Price : GBP 0.65
Format : MP3 Music Download
Quantity : 1
Payment : Credit Card

I've been watching various friends join that Facebook group (many of them not even in the UK!). I'm curious as to how many of them actually bought the track.

This whole UK fascination with which song is #1 for the week of Christmas has always amused me. It's a pretty arbitrary week to be especially proud about hitting the top of the charts!

Rage Against the Machine's record company must be loving this campaign :lol:

the thing is, it's not about sony

I don't think the internet campaign is naive enough to think they're really sticking one to "the man" (that battle was lost years ago) - unless they were really stupid and didn't do their homework

but it might work as a strictly personal rejection of Cowell who is singlehandedly shafting the entire UK music industry - and so any track would do really. The man is a psychopath and needs to be confronted. I don't think anyone has a problem with young karaoke crooners doing their thing - the problem arises when they simply take over airtime and elbow out people with genuine talent

+ it's kinda fun to select a track with some swearing just to screw up the capital radio playlists

although personally I would have selected something completely obscure by autechre or umek or someone just to really drive the message home..

Yes, yes, we got all that, Olly.

This is good news though: Rage Against the Machine announced today that they will donate proceeds from sales of 'Killing In The Name' to charity Youth Music.

I expected they'd do something like that. Presumably, that's just their cut of the proceeds, but a good holiday gesture nonetheless.

I miss the days of being a child/teen and you never knew who would be xmas number 1, and some were even xmas songs! Shock! :eek::lol:

I admit I watch the X Factor but this constant every year being the winner is pretty boring now

the thing is, it's not about sony

I don't think the internet campaign is naive enough to think they're really sticking one to "the man" (that battle was lost years ago) - unless they were really stupid and didn't do their homework

but it might work as a strictly personal rejection of Cowell who is singlehandedly shafting the entire UK music industry - and so any track would do really. The man is a psychopath and needs to be confronted. I don't think anyone has a problem with young karaoke crooners doing their thing - the problem arises when they simply take over airtime and elbow out people with genuine talent

+ it's kinda fun to select a track with some swearing just to screw up the capital radio playlists

although personally I would have selected something completely obscure by autechre or umek or someone just to really drive the message home..

That's pretty much the way I see it too.

Plus it should raise a few bit or charity

Last edited by a moderator:
Totally ridiculous. Who the hell cares about charts anyhow?

Why do we need to stick it to Cowell anyway? WHy stop there? Why not just start burning Asdas? And shopping centres? And TVs? And daytime radio djs?

Its absolute genius by Cowell/Sony or whoever is responsible, or if it is just fluke they are on the same label, LOL, Duhhhhhhhhhhh. STICKIN IT TO THE MAN (while lining their pockets)!

Also, its just going to incite all the x-factor fan-mongs to buy even more downloads - more money to cowell.

Daft. Daft. Daft.

Order Reference(s) : 198267xxx

Item : Rage Against The Machine - Killing In The Name (Album Version)
Price : GBP 0.65
Format : MP3 Music Download
Quantity : 1
Payment : Credit Card

Christmas number one has always been a load of b0llocks

Slade
Frog Chorus
Bob the Builder??!!

The Spice girls did it 3 years in a row FFS so it's never been a barometer of musical talent...

Christmas number one has always been a load of b0llocks

Slade
Frog Chorus
Bob the Builder??!!

The Spice girls did it 3 years in a row FFS so it's never been a barometer of musical talent...

:lol:

I quite like a sentimental festive sounding song all over the airwaves at christmas.

"Pipes of Peace" for No.1!!! :lol:

Back