Radio one Ibiza 2021?

Surprised he's taken that on as he seems to have wanted to move away from that and into deeper genres in the last few years.
Yeah, me too. I listened to a podcast with his manager just a few months ago, where they said it was a big longterm goal to get the 9pm Friday night slot, which he must of only had about a year. I presume this move will be more money

Personally surprised it didn't go to Arielle Free or Jaguar

Just seen that there is a shakeup at Radio1. Annie Mac is leaving in July after 17 years, to be replaced by Clara Amfo. Might not be good news for Electronic music as Annie is a big promoter of our genre.

Danny Howard is taking over the Friday teatime Dance anthems, that is generally the 'put a donk on a pop song' version. Surprised he's taken that on as he seems to have wanted to move away from that and into deeper genres in the last few years.
Hasn't Danny Howard taken over from Annie Mac 'slot' ? Rather than Dance Anthems which is before. Clara Amfo is just taking the Monday-Thursday show Annie had. But agree moving earlier doesn't fit with the image Danny Howard is trying to portray as straddling the less commercial side of 'popular' dance music. Bit sad but inevitable about Annie as she seemed to be more focused on her writing, podcasts, family and I guess COVID has made it easier choice with no festivals or clubs.

The replacement line up is a bit 'who' ?? But like I said before Radio 1 is under pressure to be more relevant to the 15-25 year olds. God forbid the day Essential Mix disappears

Yeah, me too. I listened to a podcast with his manager just a few months ago, where they said it was a big longterm goal to get the 9pm Friday night slot, which he must of only had about a year. I presume this move will be more money

Personally surprised it didn't go to Arielle Free or Jaguar

Radio1 seem to have struggled with that slot for a while. They try and go for a 'Woohoo its the weekend!' kind of vibe and during the EDM era it worked. But it now sounds a bit out of step with what both Dance music fans and a general audience are listening to, which is generally a deeper sound and Rap respectively.

Hasn't Danny Howard taken over from Annie Mac 'slot' ? Rather than Dance Anthems which is before. Clara Amfo is just taking the Monday-Thursday show Annie had. But agree moving earlier doesn't fit with the image Danny Howard is trying to portray as straddling the less commercial side of 'popular' dance music. Bit sad but inevitable about Annie as she seemed to be more focused on her writing, podcasts, family and I guess COVID has made it easier choice with no festivals or clubs.

The replacement line up is a bit 'who' ?? But like I said before Radio 1 is under pressure to be more relevant to the 15-25 year olds. God forbid the day Essential Mix disappears

Says Danny will be on Party Anthems at 6 on a Friday with someone new called Sarah Story doing a new show called 'Future Dance' at 8. No mention of any changes to Pete Tong.

Sarah Story covered for Annie last couple of weeks, but first week was somewhat derailed by the Prince Phillip programme

No idea who these new djs are. It always used to be that established club djs would join R1. Annie Mac seemed to start a trend of radio djs taking these slots and becoming club djs off the back of the huge exposure. Expect a Sarah Story festival in about five years time. If R1 has to continue the focus on monotonous dance, they should have gone for at least someone established like Eats Everything or Alan Fitzpatrick.

If I was in charge I’d have got the old band back and booked the Judge and Rampling ;-)

Back