Radio 1 weekend at Cafe mambo

Steph1411

Looking for some information on how the radio 1 weekend works. Do u need a ticket for the café mambo event, should I book a table. What time does it start etc? Any information greatly appreciated. TIA

it starts early in the afternoon i guess 2pm?or 4pm? i went at 7pm last year just when guetta finished his set
Free but they filter people going to the rocky dancefloor meaning if dancefloor is full they make u wait up the stairs, ive waited only 1mn.
they sell token by 5 for drinks available in any bars 15€?, 2 token 1 coke 4 for hard drink, i dont really remeber
this year ill stay until midnight as last time i left after 2hrs in order to go to zoo

Wonder how A&B slipped in the lineup of the usual faceless and monotonous same sounding R1 djs and their mates?

I'd say the opposite, it's such a mishmash of sounds i worry for the continuity. I guess being spread over 3 days, it's just a convenient rebrand of their existing playlist

Had another look, whilst it's obviously largely commercial, there isnt much tech house at all and absolutely zero tedious "deep tech". I think they've done alright within their own limited parameters

A&B don't tend to fall too much within the trance sound at present. They may well play stuff off their Anjunadeep label as well, so could see it working. Imagine they'd be one of the `headline` slots?

Last edited:
A&B don't tend to fall too much within the trance sound at present. They may well play stuff off their Anjunadeep label as well, so could see it working. Imagine they'd be one of the `headline` slots?
They own Anjunadeep?

Not listened to the vast majority, but A&B's chill out mix has been the best thing about it imo

Yeah you could say that ?
Jody (from Way out West) and Jono Grant amongst others have done some great stuff with the Anjunadeep label. Really strong brand that had begun doing events up until the suspension of clubs. Wonder if they could have a decent go at Ibiza; maybe next year? Not sure what club would fit but probably something more daytime orientated.

Jody (from Way out West) and Jono Grant amongst others have done some great stuff with the Anjunadeep label. Really strong brand that had begun doing events up until the suspension of clubs. Wonder if they could have a decent go at Ibiza; maybe next year? Not sure what club would fit but probably something more daytime orientated.

I think it'd be an interesting idea. Where would you see it happening? I think an outside venue fits them a bit more.

Back