R.I.P. Steve Jobs

He's still alive though. These will be hypnotising hungry consumers for years to come...   

(much to the dismay of underpaid workers in China and anyone living near a toxic dump.)

Sort of beat me there to that one.

Despite having genuine sympathy for his friends and family.....

I have just typed this into a well known interrnet search engine. "Apple Chinese Workers"

Makes interesting reading in a Cat Amongst The Pigeons kinda post.

in the mid 90's I got the newspaper where I worked to get me one of these

250px-Apple_Newton_MP100.jpg

to go with one of these

70038158_096a1db5e4.jpg

I remember when I first interacted with a Mac.

It was at college 1990. And it was a Macintosh Classic, and you could set type on it and print it out. No for expensive Letraset. :lol:

There are many Genius out there, with vision, but few with a pair of balls as big as Steve Jobs. Most get trampled on by the bean counters and the yes men, and the executives who have no idea about combining design, functionality AND desirability.

Before the Original iMac, everything was pretty much a beige box. This man made gadgets cool, easy to use, and enjoyable to use. 8) I owned a Performa 5200 (and what a big pile of ****e that was).

He's changed the way we buy music with the iPod & iTunes... and there is a reason why Apple are the market leaders with the iPad2.

Now every consumer technology company wants to be like Apple.

And thats all down to Steve Jobs.

8)

PS: no mention of the iPhone from me. It's essentially an iPod Touch with phone capability. ;)

True.

But...

He's changed the way we buy music with the iPod & iTunes

Effectively destroying the quality of sound with an influx of hateful mp3s as per the factory setting on iTunes.

But I guess you could argue that that would've happened anyway.

True.

But...

Effectively destroying the quality of sound with an influx of hateful mp3s as per the factory setting on iTunes.

its all about convience ;) the settings can be changed. just that most people dont bother reading the manual.

Personally 320kbs is fine for me, as my hearings shot to ****, and i cant wear headphones AND hearing aids at the same time. :lol: (god i miss the sound of snare drums).

Wow, didn't see that one coming. :(

The (technological) world is a much better place having had him in it. A revolutionary and visionary he'll be sorely missed BY HIS CLOSE FRIENDS AND FAMILY. Amazing how one man could change the face of technology, the music industry, and the film industry.

Did you know he was the single biggest shreholder of the Disney corporation :eek: ??

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/world-us-canada-15193922

I like my ipad and imac tho.

When all this first came out, disk storage space was still at a premium so the trade-off for 128 kbps seemed necessary. iTunes wasn't the only program that defaulted to that.

The A - L (alphabetically) part of my CD collection was ripped at that rate, and I've been too lazy to go back and do most of it again! I'm nearly deaf anyway so I doubt I could tell the difference anymore.

Now that storage is cheaper, 320 kbps is par for the course.

My first ever contact with computers was in 1979 when my ex-wife's uncle had bought an Apple IIe. He hadn't a clue how to use it, neither did I. We tinkered with mathematical stuff, i.e. Visicalc spreadsheets. :confused:

After this I ended up with a major career change at the local college and uni over the next few years doing Computer Studies, BA Degree etc. Til last year I always used PCs then switched to an Apple Macbook Pro for my DJing, never looked back since. I also have an 30Gb iPod in my setup for backup. 8)

Back