R.I.P Robert Miles

I wasn't aware he actually was DJing, I thought he'd actually stopped.

RIP Robert.
Not sure about this year but last few seasons had being doing openlab gigs at elements beach bar in benirras and also at heart on ocassions.

18447247_1254157628027930_4392970174722855673_n.jpg

the impression I get is that he was a really nice guy and very brave in his final months - have read quite a few moving tributes from people close to him

that said, in terms of his musical legacy, I thought at the time and still think Children is (imo) one of the worst pieces of formulaic euro shit I ever heard. I guess a minority opinion though..

the impression I get is that he was a really nice guy and very brave in his final months - have read quite a few moving tributes from people close to him

that said, in terms of his musical legacy, I thought at the time and still think Children is (imo) one of the worst pieces of formulaic euro shit I ever heard. I guess a minority opinion though..

It made the charts, part of the problem as I see it. Massively overplayed three point something minute radio edit. I happen to like the extended version for nostalgia reasons tbh, right time and place. There are however massively overplayed tracks that I despise too i.e. Daft Punk's Get Lucky. Each to their own I suppose, there are but a few that made the charts in the nineties that I can really say they don't get boring.

he was a very nice guy. super down to earth.

children maybe wasn't the most clever tune ever, but I'm also very much in the 'memories from teenage times' boat. and yeah, TOU playing it as last tune on the car park at space closing, that was a moment.

It made the charts, part of the problem as I see it. Massively overplayed three point something minute radio edit. I happen to like the extended version for nostalgia reasons tbh, right time and place. There are however massively overplayed tracks that I despise too i.e. Daft Punk's Get Lucky. Each to their own I suppose, there are but a few that made the charts in the nineties that I can really say they don't get boring.

there was a lot of chart stuff from the mid-90s - my absolute peak cheese years, which makes me sentimental for the memories - klubbheads, hustlers convention, jam & spoon, alcatraz, tin tin out and there's others i could happily never hear again - bucketheads, outhere brothers, strike, livin joy, alex party - which is a bit ridiculous as ALL that stuff was pretty much interchangeable. you're right though diver - overplay has a lot to do with it

I think Faithless changed the rulebook though in terms of production - until then UK and Euro had sounded very different. Thereafter, everyone was in on those chords

that said, in terms of his musical legacy, I thought at the time and still think Children is (imo) one of the worst pieces of formulaic euro shit I ever heard.

I hate to say it, but I agree, bland enough to be played on mid-morning Radio 2 (when I've been forced to listen!).

Daft Punk's Get Lucky - sh!t too.

We need a thread for overrated dance tracks. ;)

Back