R.I.P Richard Wright

jjinit

as the sun and so many copywtiters will probably say..................gone to play "the great gig in the sky"

Bit of trivia along with this, I always wracked my brains as to who's voice featured at the beginning of this track on Dark Side of The Moon. the bit where he says

"No Im not frightened of dying, any time will do........" etc

I thought it would be some actor but it is in fact the doorman of Abbey Road studios where it was recorded.

Last edited by a moderator:
Never seeing Pink Floyd play live will be one of my biggest regrets in life.

Hopefully he will meet up with Syd at the great gig in the sky :)

Second only to the Beatles in terms of greatness.

rip

Very sad news.

I've been a lifelong Pink Floyd fan and I've been lucky enough to see them live twice; on the Animals Tour at the "cow shed" - aka Bingley Hall, Stafford - in 1977 and performing the Wall at Earls Court in 81 I think. The Animals gig is to this day the best show I've ever been to. I was really hoping they might do one last farewell tour but I guess it just wasn't to be.

I won't do the inevitable Great Gig in the Sky reference, but let's just say that with both Rick and Syd there's now two crazy diamonds shining on.

spaceslug

I did my little obit last night in the "music" section,but will add that like you only saw them twice,Hyde Park, and Crystal Palace Bowl for me.
Always liked Rick's playing (simple and moody) like myself...:lol:

As an aside,saw the Stones at that cowshed place, kept us in pens outside for hours (not kidding) confiscated our cider, then subjected us to an almighty stink when they let us in....

Back