Quick question about pre-parties..

BigD

This might sound a bit of a dumb question, then it might not.

I am trying to plan my trip for this year. Last year we spent most of our time hopping between bars until it was time to head to the club.
This year I want to plan it a bit better and go to some of the pre-parties and hopefully create a better atmosphere.

My question is, the pre-parties I see at Mambo and Plastiks and places like that are they the actual DJ's who are going to be in the clubs later like Swedish House Mafia, David Guetta and so on or are they just random DJ's playing similair music?

Also, any other suggestions for places to visit pre-club are welcome.

No they are REAL DJ's!, for example Judge Jules might visit BN3 first play 30 mins then head off to Bar M play 30 mins then Kanya play onother 30 mins then head off to Eden. (this is purely a fictional example).
They can be a great warm up and generally free :)

enjoy

What? Actual DJ's or random DJ's? I don't really undestand. The fact that some DJ is a BIG NAME doesn't mean that he's any better than some random DJ. There are so many good dj's out there that any one of them could easily play in Cocoon or Armada or Judgement Sundays or what ever party there is. The only problem there is, that you cannot market random DJ like they market AVB or Tiesto or Judge Jules. No one pays 50 euros to see DJ What'sHisNameFromFinlandNeverHeardOfHim but they will pay 50 euros for AVB because some magazine says he's No 1. Marketing.

I would like to see an competition where dj's would make a 30 min mix and then they would post it anonymously in the web and then people could vote the best mix without knowing who made who. Ok, AVB could play his own tunes but so could anyone else so there would be no knowing who is who. The result, who is the No 1, could be suprising. It could as sell be DJ What'sHisNameFromFinlandNeverHeardOfHim.

But to answer the actual question, yes, the actual dj's can sometimes appear in the pre-parties to promote the main event.

You can see all your'e fave big name djs play without going into a club in Ibiza.

I personally think San An is the best for Pre Parties and you can see all your Pacha Djs play at Mambo every night.

I've seen Mauro Picotto @ Itaca, Paul Oakenfold, Yousef @ Bar M, Paul Van Dyk, Tiesto and Armin Van Buuren @ Kanya, Erick Morillo, Timo Maas, Roger Sanchez @ Mambo etc.

Check out the listings for whats on...

http://www.spotlight-forums.com/showpost.php?p=1280293&postcount=6
http://www.spotlight-forums.com/showpost.php?p=1280302&postcount=13
http://www.spotlight-forums.com/forumdisplay.php?f=38

I like to preparty in 2 phases....1st phase....take advantage of the all inclusive package at ur hotel....an hour or so..then at PDB, tantra or zanzibar are good options (dunno if they still exist, this was in 2007). at San An, u have tons of options....

I like to preparty in 2 phases....1st phase....take advantage of the all inclusive package at ur hotel....an hour or so..then at PDB, tantra or zanzibar are good options (dunno if they still exist, this was in 2007). at San An, u have tons of options....

What preparties are there? Also Cream etc. preparties, with big djs?

BN3 have guest DJ's playing at the Pre-Parties.

Last week we had Elio Riso, Judge Jules and Rob Marmott.

Judge Jules plays on a regular basis for the Judgement Sunday Pre-Party!

Entrance is always free and we have good drinks promo's on!

Monday - Tiesto Pre Party
Tuesday - Carl Cox Pre Party
Wednesday - Garlands Pre Party
Thursday - Cream Pre Party
Friday - Wonderland Pre Party
Saturday - Hed Kandi Pre Party
Sunday - Judgement Sundays Pre Party

FREE BUSES EVERY NIGHT AND TICKETS AVAILABLE FOR ALL CLUBS!

BN3 have guest DJ's playing at the Pre-Parties.

Last week we had Elio Riso, Judge Jules and Rob Marmott.

Judge Jules plays on a regular basis for the Judgement Sunday Pre-Party!

Entrance is always free and we have good drinks promo's on!

Monday - Tiesto Pre Party
Tuesday - Carl Cox Pre Party
Wednesday - Garlands Pre Party
Thursday - Cream Pre Party
Friday - Wonderland Pre Party
Saturday - Hed Kandi Pre Party
Sunday - Judgement Sundays Pre Party

FREE BUSES EVERY NIGHT AND TICKETS AVAILABLE FOR ALL CLUBS!

Do I have to buy a ticket from BN3 to use the free bus?

Does anyone know what pre-parties Coastline are doing this year? We went to the pre-party for Cream there back in 05.

Can anyone tell me where the armada and meganite preparties are being held any help greatly appreciated.

Can anyone tell me where the armada and meganite preparties are being held any help greatly appreciated.

According to the info on this site, I have it down as:

Armada/Release Yourself: Itaca/Cafe Mambo
Meganite: Itaca

Anyone know where We Love are having their pre-parties? Can't find any info for them anywhere.

Back