Queens Of The Stone Age

I saw them at Reading - blurry memories 8)

But I do have a great memory of driving home from said Reading festival after no sleep and being in our mates dodgy old peugeot and him having their CD blaring out the whole way home :eek: Got great memories of drifting in and out of sleep with them in my earhole :eek::lol::lol:

having a QOTSA afternoon.....

nfpphv.jpg

Ha!! I was just gonna mention Kyuss,liked them more....

(when the thread title popped up)

Just bought a Kyuss CD - And the Cirus Leaves Town or something like that?? Haven't had it on yet though as I feel it needs a special moment when the neighbours are out and I can crank the volume up enough to shake the plaster from the walls :lol:

On a minor note,three original members of Kyuss +1,but without Josh Homme, are touring at the moment. They are calling themselves Kyuss Lives! and are selling out gigs...

Yeah, defintiely!8)

good stuff, i'll give you a bell tomorrow.

Are you a "stand at the back and take the gig in" kinda guy, or "gets messy with the young 'uns" kinda guy?!
Because myself and Neil will be in the mosh pit! Yeah, I understand we're in our 30's, but we give as good as we get!
Teenagers - stand at the front and try and film the whole gig on your ****ty phones and you will feel the wrath of two ageing old grunge fans - and probably be pushed out of the way!
:p:p

Teenagers - stand at the front and try and film the whole gig on your ****ty phones and you will feel the wrath of two ageing old grunge fans - and probably be pushed out of the way!
:p:p

8)

Mr BG got told to 'calm down' in the Shaun William Ryder mosh pit at V last year as said teenagers were getting felled left, right and centre by him :lol:

Kids today *tut* :rolleyes: :lol:

8)

Mr BG got told to 'calm down' in the Shaun William Ryder mosh pit at V last year as said teenagers were getting felled left, right and centre by him :lol:

Kids today *tut* :rolleyes: :lol:

You can never be too animated in a mosh pit!
:p
I've only ever been in one that I had to get out of, and that was Wolfmother at Hammersmith Apollo. It was full of bikers and old rockers and I nearly broke a leg! Good fun though!

Two of the best gigs i've ever been to for mosh-pit atmosphere and general silliness were The Prodigy at Brixton Academy and Foo Fighters at Wembley Arena. I probably lost a stone in sweat at both gigs!

The thing with standing right at the front of a rowdy gig, is that 99% of people have chosen to be there and know what it'll be like. Despite all the pushing and aggro, people actually look after each other, e.g. if someone falls or is in trouble - it's all in good spirits.
I've seen guys take elbows to the face and still hug the guy who accidentally hit them!

You always get some poor sod who loses a shoe though! I lost a good watch at Cast last year at Shepherd's Bush! I don't remember it coming off, it just wasn't on my wrist at the end of the gig!!!

You always get some poor sod who loses a shoe though!!

Some drunken bloke was wondering round after the Pogues gig I went to in NYC recently just hollering "SHOOOOOOOOOOOO" at the top of his voice and hobbling round in just his socks :lol:

I managed to find a chaps sunglasses in a Happy Mondays mosh pit a few years ago. God know how they avoided being mashed into the floor :lol:

Hope you enjoy the gig 8)

So, I started this thread 3 months ago and now we're not going!:spank:

Not that bothered about the gig if I'm honest, so as the missus left it until to today to confirm list and now can't we're not risking going and be knocked back, especially as she's feeling a bit ropey.

Enjoy Stu! Beers soon though!

Back