quadbikes?

Sorry Claire, I didn't see any hire outlets but loads of quads about so there must be somewhere you can get them

is there a place where you can actually hire them, eg for 3 days ? rather than a moped.

Im looking to do this this season, if anybody has an idea, then please pm me or reply to this post ..

cheers

There is a place in San An, just round the corner from Eden, on the main road.

They seemed to do mopeds and quad bikes - couldn't give you a price though.

StephenPowley said:
There is a place in San An, just round the corner from Eden, on the main road.

They seemed to do mopeds and quad bikes - couldn't give you a price though.

cheers stephen, infact i think last year i went to that place and it might have been where we got mopeds from,

Trying to find a price on the internet, but its impossible :eek:

Im looking to renting a quad bike also. Anyone know where the cheapest? i found one but it was like 86 euros and its more expensive than a car!

the reason why scooter and quad hire is so expensive in relation to car hire is the massive insurance cost.

There´s a place that does them near mine. I´ll get the name and address later and post it here, but it´s on Av. Isador Macabitch (sp?) at the back of San An near Kanya.

Buckley said:
There´s a place that does them near mine. I´ll get the name and address later and post it here, but it´s on Av. Isador Macabitch (sp?) at the back of San An near Kanya.

antonio01.gif

In fact, it´s on the corner of Macabich and Soledad on this map.

stephen said:
the reason why scooter and quad hire is so expensive in relation to car hire is the massive insurance cost.

Hopefully ( i'm not sure about the laws for riding this type of scooter on the road's in Spain? ) i won't have to worry about hiring a car/scooter during my stay on the island, as i'll be taking my own form of transport, a fold away scooter, which can easily fit into a large sport's bag ( weigh's around 18/20 kilo's ) & has an engine capacity of 50cc for which it can easily do upto 75 km per hour on a good run ( 35-40km per Ltr ) . And it's a fun machine too get out & about around Ibiza on,
dave

Last edited by a moderator:
ok, jsut got back ,and i payed 90 euros for a days hire that was inclusive of everything.wuth a 150 euro deposit which i got back of course

Lee

blindmanskunk said:
Hopefully ( i'm not sure about the laws for riding this type of scooter on the road's in Spain? ) i won't have to worry about hiring a car/scooter during my stay on the island, as i'll be taking my own form of transport, a fold away scooter, which can easily fit into a large sport's bag ( weigh's around 18/20 kilo's ) & has an engine capacity of 50cc for which it can easily do upto 75 km per hour on a good run ( 35-40km per Ltr ) . And it's a fun machine too get out & about around Ibiza on,
dave

where did you rent that? I think its something i may want to do.

Thanks!

EdgarMadrid said:
where did you rent that? I think its something i may want to do. Thanks!

Hi Edgar,

the scooter i mentioned is the evo 2X of which i'm hoping too take to Ibiza, as hiring out even the most basic form's of transport it seem's cancan cost both an arm & a leg.

dia de fiesta feliz

dave

The Ibiza Sun this week:
"It was reported that the rental of quad bikes on the Pitiuses is possibly causing several dangerous problems. Their appears to be a legal loop hole meaning that often the riders exceed the 45kmph speed limit applicable to most of these types of machines & do not wear crash helmets with some people who rent quads even carrying young children as passengers. Seemingly not as stable as they appear to look, these machines are supposedly experiencing lots of crashes, especially in Formentera, & are creating dangerous situation leading to many rental firms supposing that they will not rent quads again next year even though they are popular with their clients."

Hello Tony,

off topic but just like too say that having visited your Ibiza webpage i found the info you give to be of great intrest, i will be taking note of one two idea's from your site in order too enjoy & explore Ibiza much more.

Cheer's

dave

Hello Tony,

off topic but just like too say that having visited your Ibiza webpage i found the info you give to be of great intrest, i will be taking note of one two idea's from your site in order too enjoy & explore Ibiza much more.

Cheer's

dave

Thanks for the kind words - much appreciated

Back