Pyramid@Amnesia

yeah as I had said a long time ago this was bound to happen. confirmed now. anyone that has already bought a ticket for that date through spotlight will obviously automatically get a refund for it in the next days.
:(

Not an extensive report as I wasn't out for long and I was sober, but last night was fantastic. A really, really great crowd. Lots of locals and Italians - very few Brits. Numbers wise, it actually turned out decent if not packed. The vibe was electric. Bodzin was unbelievable. Fideles also played some nice stuff, though the sound system really let them down - worst I've heard it on the terrace all season. In the club room - where I didn't spend a great deal of time - it again had the right-hand 1/3 tiered off - but dance floor was perfectly busy when I left at 04:45 just after Paganini finished.
I can't comment on the Keep On Dancing takeovers, but techno in the club room whether it has been with Charlotte de Witte or Luigi Madonna or Mathias Kaden has worked really well. The issue has been the crowd (or lack of) on the terrace. Some tweaks required for 2018, but Pyramid has potential imo. The production and aesthetics give it a visual identity, I just feel it needs a musical identity. At least some consistency in one room, if ultimately they continue with takeovers of the terrace.

I agree, musically it can be quite different from each week to the next

I think I like the neon pyramid in the terrace, some people probably don't

Not an extensive report as I wasn't out for long and I was sober, but last night was fantastic. A really, really great crowd. Lots of locals and Italians - very few Brits. Numbers wise, it actually turned out decent if not packed. The vibe was electric. Bodzin was unbelievable. Fideles also played some nice stuff, though the sound system really let them down - worst I've heard it on the terrace all season. In the club room - where I didn't spend a great deal of time - it again had the right-hand 1/3 tiered off - but dance floor was perfectly busy when I left at 04:45 just after Paganini finished.
I can't comment on the Keep On Dancing takeovers, but techno in the club room whether it has been with Charlotte de Witte or Luigi Madonna or Mathias Kaden has worked really well. The issue has been the crowd (or lack of) on the terrace. Some tweaks required for 2018, but Pyramid has potential imo. The production and aesthetics give it a visual identity, I just feel it needs a musical identity. At least some consistency in one room, if ultimately they continue with takeovers of the terrace.
We should of come over from dc

Gutted

I considered going for a really long time but what deterred me yesterday: giving great djs like faki and paganini not even two hour long sets and this stupid timetable! the party pretty much started only at 3 o'clock (with paganini and bodzin). when you only have two fairly big names in the club room why not make it paganini 2-4 and faki 4-close? think they were just afraid that only people from circoloco would come and they usually arrive late.
If I want djs to play for under two hours I go to circoloco or edm.

Club Room lineup for the closing has now been announced - always good to see Craig Richards in Ibiza.

IMO across both rooms a really nice lineup, particularly on the terrace with RPR and Ricardo. Fingers crossed they get some good numbers in and see the season out with improvements to be made across the summer.

I really enjoyed Pyramid on my last trip - crowd, atmosphere and music was great. In line with what others have said I do feel like there are some legs with this event and really hope they can build upon this season.

Attachments

• Pyramid Closing.png
    Pyramid Closing.png
    805 KB · Views: 41
Anyone any idea whether the closing is likely to be busy?

Tempted to go here instead of Ushuaia.

Does anybody know/guess how the Diynamic takeover on August 26th with Solumun, Adriatique, Capriati and Renato Ratier will be numbers- and especially atmosphere-wise compared to Solumun's nights at Pacha?

Really enjoyed Solumun +1 at Pacha last year in terms of music and atmosphere but really have now idea how this will translate to Amnesia.

Contemplating this vs. Claptone at Pacha, but haven't really read/heard too many good things concerning the latter...

Does anybody know/guess how the Diynamic takeover on August 26th with Solumun, Adriatique, Capriati and Renato Ratier will be numbers- and especially atmosphere-wise compared to Solumun's nights at Pacha?

Really enjoyed Solumun +1 at Pacha last year in terms of music and atmosphere but really have now idea how this will translate to Amnesia.

Contemplating this vs. Claptone at Pacha, but haven't really read/heard too many good things concerning the latter...

Considering it is Capriati's first gig back at Amnesia since (2015?) my guess is it will be very busy, plus it's Solomun, so I'd guess one of the busiest Pyramid's of the season? Personally, I think Circo Loco line-up is insanely good that night as it is a Keinemusik take-over, but I'd imagine those looking for the big brand names would take Amnesia.

Re. Claptone. Not been to the night, but big difference in music style there between that and Pyramid.

Thank you!

Re. Claptone. Not been to the night, but big difference in music style there between that and Pyramid.

True! I'm completely aware of that, yet it somehow doesn't make the choice easier. I like both house and techno (sorry if I'm not getting the genres 100% correct here...)

Good shout about Circo, wasn't aware of the lineup until now. Them releasing it more than 1 week in advance has thrown me off...

Aaaahhh, decisions!!!! ?

Good shout about Circo, wasn't aware of the lineup until now. Them releasing it more than 1 week in advance has thrown me off...

Aaaahhh, decisions!!!! ?

Yeah, Circo releasing early has thrown a lot of people out. Remember you can always do Circo and Pyramid (if you want to pay two door taxes). I'd imagine Solomun will be on 3:30/4am that night. Assumption being that JC is before him (I could be wrong).

Yeah, Circo releasing early has thrown a lot of people out. Remember you can always do Circo and Pyramid (if you want to pay two door taxes). I'd imagine Solomun will be on 3:30/4am that night. Assumption being that JC is before him (I could be wrong).
Right, valid option of course. Trip is getting more expensive by the day ?

Back