Pyramid@Amnesia

The Fog

Although Pyramid was already discussed in other threads, I thought it might be worthwhile to follow the development a bit throughout the season in a separate set. Would be interested to hear how busy/non-busy it gets.

I am particularly looking at the "Closing Part 2" night on October 1st. Only date with no line-up ... wonder if this is normal or if it is more an "optional" date that depends on how the season goes. Opinions?

Although Pyramid was already discussed in other threads, I thought it might be worthwhile to follow the development a bit throughout the season in a separate set. Would be interested to hear how busy/non-busy it gets.

I am particularly looking at the "Closing Part 2" night on October 1st. Only date with no line-up ... wonder if this is normal or if it is more an "optional" date that depends on how the season goes. Opinions?

I’m guessing that is the case.

The island has been quieter than usual, whill that also mean closing parties time of the season is also quiter? Who knows.

They will be going up against circo obviously, and if they don’t get the line up right, I’d hedge most people will go to circo. So it’s going to be a tough one for them. Watch this space I guess!

I really hope they are doing well ... with no real alternative on Monday, Circo Loco / DC-10 will be rammed...

Plus, as to many others here, Circo has lost a lot of its appeal to me in the last years

I really hope they are doing well ... with no real alternative on Monday, Circo Loco / DC-10 will be rammed...

Plus, as to many others here, Circo has lost a lot of its appeal to me in the last years

This is likely the case with many people but it still draws them back somehow - I guess in hope that it isn't as crowded as the last time they went

Pyramid needs a social media kick

Okay so after Harvey was done at pikes (which was an amazing set goddmn) I went over to amnesia at 445 to hopefully see Maceo close it down. I didn't have set times just thought Maceo would play last according to the ad. Turns out he was in the middle from 245 to 5 and Len was gonna close it down which I was fine with since I thought I missed him.

To my surprise tho Luigi Madonna was closing down the terrace.

Ppl wise main room was fuller or appeared to be becuase they put a black curtain to cut off some of the club. Terrace was like 1/3rd packed. I thought Luigi played better than len or maybe this was my first visit to Amnesia this year and I missed the terrace on Mondays. But musically Luigi played a great techno set. I liked the production work with the plants that hung off the 2nd level.

I had a good time....yes this night is slow, but it was great being back in Amnesia with a decent lineup at least. Like I said, next week should be busy but the heck knows. They just need 3-4 Djs that ppl really care about and it can work...some of those all night dj sessions seem really good

Last edited:
"When it was announced that Cocoon would make its departure to Pacha this season, after calling Amnesia its home for almost twenty years, it was uncertain what would come in its place. But Pyramid has already proved itself as a real contender on the island, with Monday nights’ dancefloor being packed out, despite competing with DC10’s Circo Loco, one of the island’s longest running parties."

^^ Mixmag fluff piece on Pyramid. Who are they kidding? Aug 6th was slow and its been slow on plenty of other dates

"When it was announced that Cocoon would make its departure to Pacha this season, after calling Amnesia its home for almost twenty years, it was uncertain what would come in its place. But Pyramid has already proved itself as a real contender on the island, with Monday nights’ dancefloor being packed out, despite competing with DC10’s Circo Loco, one of the island’s longest running parties."

^^ Mixmag fluff piece on Pyramid. Who are they kidding? Aug 6th was slow and its been slow on plenty of other dates

yeah that‘s definitely not very accurate

Maybe packed the one night Solomun played....

It's a night that has no identity. Just using who is available to fill the calendar

Okay so after Harvey was done at pikes (which was an amazing set goddmn) I went over to amnesia at 445 to hopefully see Maceo close it down. I didn't have set times just thought Maceo would play last according to the ad. Turns out he was in the middle from 245 to 5 and Len was gonna close it down which I was fine with since I thought I missed him.

To my surprise tho Luigi Madonna was closing down the terrace.

Ppl wise main room was fuller or appeared to be becuase they put a black curtain to cut off some of the club. Terrace was like 1/3rd packed. I thought Luigi played better than len or maybe this was my first visit to Amnesia this year and I missed the terrace on Mondays. But musically Luigi played a great techno set. I liked the production work with the plants that hung off the 2nd level.

I had a good time....yes this night is slow, but it was great being back in Amnesia with a decent lineup at least. Like I said, next week should be busy but the heck knows. They just need 3-4 Djs that ppl really care about and it can work...some of those all night dj sessions seem really good

How did u get to pikes? by walk ? taxi from the egg,
i dont remind if u left pikes with us? as u could go earlier to amnesia....

Typical Mixmag :rolleyes:. The PR company behind Pyramid have been heavily touting to get some positive exposure. I wonder how many favours exchanged hands?

Can anyone tell me what the entry price is on the door, and if it includes a free drink like the presales? Going to Harvey on Monday so can't justify buying a ticket if I'll only be getting there at 4.30 - 5am, but should Pikes not be scratching the itch we might make tracks to Amnesia before Harvey finishes.

Cheers

Can anyone tell me what the entry price is on the door, and if it includes a free drink like the presales? Going to Harvey on Monday so can't justify buying a ticket if I'll only be getting there at 4.30 - 5am, but should Pikes not be scratching the itch we might make tracks to Amnesia before Harvey finishes.

Cheers

I would take a guess of in the region of 45/50

Nice one. I'd have to assume the free drink is only for those with presales.

This night is desperate for clubbers - You could assume the door price based on what is usually the case at other parties. There is a chance it could be less than this at the door though based on the lack of numbers but I have never known of a free drink when buying a ticket at door so would say yes only with presales

Pyramid closing pt2 has disappeared from Facebook today.

This night is desperate for clubbers - You could assume the door price based on what is usually the case at other parties. There is a chance it could be less than this at the door though based on the lack of numbers but I have never known of a free drink when buying a ticket at door so would say yes only with presales

Just got a response from an FB message. 50 bones on the door including a free drink.

Pyramid closing pt2 has disappeared from Facebook today.

yeah as I had said a long time ago this was bound to happen. confirmed now. anyone that has already bought a ticket for that date through spotlight will obviously automatically get a refund for it in the next days.

Back