Pure 'Money' Pacha Grabber

Sy

As we walked through Santa Eulalia harbour last week we noticed another Pure Pacha closing party poster :lol:

We had been to the one the week before with Sander & Axwell and so I guess would alot of other people who had planned to be at the Pure Pacha closing Party :arrow:

This doesn't annoy me 'all that much' but is just one of the reasons why I reckon the island is losing 'some' of it's magic.

Alot of people like us would have planned their Ibiza trip around certain closing party dates, ours was Cream, Cocoon and Pure Pacha and anything else was a bonus and to see we didn't actually go to the final one was a bit frustrating :arrow:

Money grabbing Pacha :lol: The funniest thing is the tagline 'extra closing party by popular demand' :lol:

Yeh right, I'm sure they all came down in their thousands to ask for another one. Tossers :!:

Attached poster :!:

b3khh1.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
'It's all about the dance' :lol: -money more like!

I think they did the same thing at El Div with Hed Kandi last year...

In the Pacha magazine there was an interview with Macy Gray where she said she was appearing at Pacha in October so it had obviously been planned way in advance.

I'm really not sure why it's such a big deal. A lot of people coming to town (or sticking around) for the Amnesia/Space closing weekend... no reason why Pacha shouldn't hold something the same weekend.

Actually sounds like a decent party. Angello has his good nights on the decks, and Macy Gray is wonderful live :idea:

I'm really not sure why it's such a big deal. A lot of people coming to town (or sticking around) for the Amnesia/Space closing weekend... no reason why Pacha shouldn't hold something the same weekend.

Actually sounds like a decent party. Angello has his good nights on the decks, and Macy Gray is wonderful live :idea:

It's a skank Morbs, that's why. Like Rampling's next 'LAST EVAH LAST GIG!'

You must be seriously deluded not to see why it stinks :!:

If they wanted to extend it to another week they should have made this one 'the closing party' Not extend it to use the name of the night to cash in on extra revenue.

Ya, but Pure Pacha isn't a promoter's night. It's just Pacha on a Friday night.

I figure they had to make the previous week's event the "closing" since Sander was playing for the last time and he was the resident all summer long and it would have been rude not to. Then they had this one extra Friday night planned and just called it a Pure Pacha closing extra, and made a few quid off people coming in for the big closing weekend.

I'd understand if we were talking about the Space closing, but Pure Pacha? I don't think anyone ran especially over to Pacha on Sep 26 just because it was billed as the closing. I went for Kleinenberg & Axwell and the fact it was the "closing" (or maybe not :lol:) was secondary.

hi peeps

hi people im goin san an on ctober 17th can sum 1 tell me a bit about what might be goin on, i know all the big clubs av shut by then but there must be summert still goin on i belive pacha is open all year and whats tha weather like in october cheers.8)

The weather in Ibiza at this moment in time is the exact same as in Moscow! (if my Windows desktop weather widgets are to be believed)

It's been a chilly autumn out there. I think you could expect high temps around 20ish.

Pacha is still open as are various local bars and smaller venues. Check out the Ibiza Cool Season section of the site for more tips from resident infosource McRackin.

here also, 24-26 degrees 8) Cant believe i'm still in short sleeve shirts !!!

You go to Macy Gray greg ?? Space closing yesterday ???

pacha no, space yes for the afternoon. very very quiet. parking terrace was busyish, but terrace/discoteca were empty all afternoon.

bizarre. nothing like the opening.

pacha no, space yes for the afternoon. very very quiet. parking terrace was busyish, but terrace/discoteca were empty all afternoon.

Can't quite believe that :eek: Probably expected slightly due to the C-crunch, bad weather and new regs. I wonder if they'll bring it forward next year and have it end of september like years ago :confused:

Got any pics of last weekend uploaded anywhere Greg :?: :confused: (not sure if i want to see em like)

Can't quite believe that :eek: Probably expected slightly due to the C-crunch, bad weather and new regs. I wonder if they'll bring it forward next year and have it end of september like years ago :confused:

Got any pics of last weekend uploaded anywhere Greg :?: :confused: (not sure if i want to see em like)

yeah got some really good ones. will upload soon.....

I got there at about 6pm, parking had quite a few people, but you could still walk around, just about.
By 10pm it was full, but not crammed like the opening.
At midnight the parking and Sunset Terrace closed making la Terraza and Discteca very full.
Space has now become a night club rather than a daytime venue.
We always used to get there at midday and leave at midnight. Now most people arrive around 8pm and stay until it closes.
It was good though.
Went to Amnesia in the morning too, got up at 7.30am and got there for 8.00am just in time to get on one with my cornflakes jump around to Sven Vath's set. Closed about 1pm.

Back