Puppylover does Ibiza...... brace yourselves...

puppylover

........ it’s a long one (..... as the Bishop said to the Actress)

Fri 27/6
The easiest of journeys in the history of holiday travelling to be honest – everything went like clockwork!! Flight was on time, plane was half full, landed at 2.15am and no baggage handler strike at Ibiza Airport – result!! Ushered through passport control, I went straight to the Hertz desk where I have to say I was anticipating a struggle as I had free car hire c/o American Express and some strange voucher to redeem – no problem at all, car was even upgraded to a Seat Leon 2lt Sport so Mr PL was a happy chap indeed, as I walked away from the desk Mr PL appeared with the cases – Fab!!!

We were booked into the Nereida Apartments through our very own Spotlight, what a cracking place, clean spacious rooms (2 balconies lounge and bedroom and first line views over the sea) would certainly recommend this place (if you don’t want an 18-30 type holiday venue) its really quiet and although its at the very end of the San An Bay Road it’s a 2 min walk into the main strip, also it seems to be family/couple orientated

Sat 28/6
Port Es Torrent and Villa day!!! Woo Hoo – cant wait to get back to our second home – it really is a lovely little house… Although not just content with Swinger’s Club the Beverley in PeT, the area now has a new Swinger’s Hotel – just along the road from the villa– called Liberty Loft….. Didn’t look like it was getting much use like, unless there is a secret swingers entrance – fnargh fnargh!!

P7060002.jpg

Dumped the bags – jumped in the car to Syp for provisions, and back and in the pool relaxing by 3pm – bish bash bosh!!
P6280003.jpg

Dinner was booked at La Torre for our wedding anniversary dinner and it didn’t disappoint. Nice bottle of Pink fizz, Phil had lamb chops and I had the Pollo a La Torre – which was really lovely …. The setting as usual was beautiful and serene but so quiet – there were only 3 other tables of diners – the rest of the guests left after a jug of sangria and the sunset…… We noticed that from what we had seen of the Island so far (including the half empty hotel from the previous evening) everything appeared quieter compared to last year when we were on the Island 2 weeks earlier – on speaking to the manager he said yes it was very quiet so far – they only had 2 guests staying that week!!
P6280010.jpg

We were going to head on down to Savannah for Jaunt in the back room, but by the time we shifted ourselves from the restaurant and had drank too many Herbias – we decided on a trip back to the villa for a chill and an early night in preparation for the next 2 weeks.

Sun 29/6
Plan was to drive over to Talamanca, visit Gingerfreak (GF) and Daz’s pad and do a bit of shopping. I really wasn’t keen on Talamanca (sorry guys – I know there are plenty of fans on this board) but to me it was just villa after villa piled up on hills, hardly any privacy (well not what we are used to as most villa’s are usually in the middle of bloody nowhere!!). Having said that, their villa was lovely, very contemporary and a fantastic Indonesian style garden on entering with the biggest and baddest gong in the world to play with - imagine Smoke Machine by Xpress-2? That’s what you got when you hit the gong – reverb through your whole body – brilliant!! Also, just behind their villa was the vilest villa you have ever seen in your life – imagine Gaudi/Walt Disney on Acid and you may be somewhere near to imagining the vision that assaulted our eyes – sheer tack (very expensive tack no doubt, but its true – money does not buy taste….) If you can zoom in on the piccie - do!!!!!! :lol:

P6290022.jpg

Shopping completed, and we persuaded the guys to come over to P e T as GF’s sis and b/friend weren’t arriving until very very late due to delays, to sample and watch the footie final in a Spanish bar, what a great match – bar full of Spanish Supports and one table of German holidaymakers – the atmosphere was great though a great start to the holiday and afterwards, fireworks and car horns for hours….. early night didn’t happen…..

Mon 30/6
The night we had been looking forward to – Roger!! Confirmed G/lists were sorted – cheers Gilly!! And arranged to meet GF, Daz, his sis and b/friend on the roof terrace. Phil and I started off at the little Spanish bar at the bottom of our street – cheap as chips then headed over to Ibiza Town to Base / Rock etc etc – both totally dead at around and after midnight, so moved a couple of bars down to Alfredo’s – still not busy but was had a nice enough atmosphere for the euphoric feelings to start to work their way through our bodies. Had a slow walk over to Pacha feeling happy, warm and fuzzy….. Oh yes this was going to be a good night…… until we went into the club!!!! Roger, Roger, Roger – what are you doing – you don’t “do” minimal FFS!! I think we spent about 30 mins waiting for something musical – in a Pacha/Sanchez type styleee to happen – nothing, nada, zilch – dull as the proverbial ditch water – to be honest, I don’t think I have been so disappointed by a DJ in Ibiza – was this the way the holiday was going to go, were we going to be disappointed ?? Up to the roof terrace to get back the vibe we had lost, have a few drinks etc…. comes to something when the music played up on the roof is giving you more of a lift than the main DJ downstairs…..

P7010036.jpg

Went back downstairs to give it another go – if anything the man was playing to himself and his entourage in the box – it was really dull and was starting to bring us down so off we popped into the Global Room – music was good, except there was only the 4 of us in there!!!!
P7010043.jpg

By 5am we decided it wasn’t going to get any better so we would be better off listening to our own music back at a villa – off we went for the usual minxy afterhours…….

Tue 1/7
Finally got up around tea time and realised we hadn’t eaten for a long while, so off we drove down to the sunset strip to take in some much needed food and to catch up with the group. Savannah was our chosen destination (only because it was basically the first restaurant with tables outside free) So numerous bottles of water , a burger and fajitas –and 40€ lighter in the pocket we stumbled to Mambo to find GF, Daz, Kaz and Mark looking less than happy at having to be entertained by music which can only be described as s-hit’s from the 80’s….. feeling a little tired after a couple of nights with very little sleep so we decided to be sensible as Phil was driving and go back for a quiet night, but not before we got to see the funniest sight of the holiday, a photo Daz had taken of GF after they had left ours on the Tue, which consisted of GF deciding to use face paints and paint his eyelids completely white and add black pupils, the plan was to stay in a sitting position but asleep and make his Kaz and Mark “think” he was still awake with his eyes open – I swear I nearly p’eed my pants when I saw the photo of him walking out of the bathroom with his eye’s shut but looking like the most spannered person on the planet!!! Photo to follow.

Wed 2/7
The quiet sightseeing day. We set off in the car to do a bit of cultural stuff, as you do when you want to make yourself feel a bit better about previous shenanigans….. Today was a tour of the beaches along the south west of the Island….. Cala Tarida, Cala Bassa, Cale Conte…. Obviously they were packed (in fact the busiest places on the Island that we had seen so far to be honest (apart from Pacha main room) absolutely stunning beaches with the odd millionaires yacht moored slight out to see – where we could hear the clinking of champagne glasses and the lighting of dirty €’s used to light the fat cigars……
P7030063.jpg

We wanted a quieter beach so continued along to Cala D’Hort, but found Cala Carbo instead first.
P7030070.jpg

We had a choice of 2 restaurants and took pot luck and chose the one furthest away – and settled down to steak for Phil, Calamari for me, salad, bread, aioli and olives with a couple of Fanta Limon’s to cool us down. Had a lovely few hours there watching the kids gets stung by jelly monsters and then flinging the buggers onto the beach until there was a pile of jellyfish as high as mid calf…. Once sated with food and drink, we drove back, but on route decided we needed more provisions for the following night’s entertainment for Mr PvD at Cream….. So the scenic drive took place along the south and up to Ibiza Town.

Thu 3/7 – Fri 4/7
Spent a fruitless day on the phone sorting out G/lists for Cream, to cut a long story short – nothing! GF, Daz et al are doing a big day, Bora Bora, then Space for “2 Be @ Space with” Danny T then coming along later to meet us at Cream – we chicken out – at our age we need some rest before undertaking a huge night out, so Phil and sit around the villa listening to some tunage and smoking the day away and watching a lovely sunset from our roof….. bliss…….
P7030072.jpg

I shall leave GF to update you on his day of activities.

Got to the club via Bar M for some cheap tickets caught a taxi straight up there for 1.00am – absolutely rammed…… full of kids (and I don’t mean that in a demeaning way – just very very young compared to me) in amusing t shirts saying “Ketamine – not just for horses!!!!!” PMSL…
Cant see the guys until Phil’s face splits with a massive grin and points to a podium (behind the Ketamine Kids) and there in full podium glory is GF and Daz grooving like f***kers with hands in the air and a look on their faces like the cats that got the Cream (no pun intended) Say what you want about Cream but the effort from the DJ’s and the crowd’s determination to make it their night said it all – this made me smile and reminded me how fun clubbing could be in Ibiza – massive fun!!!! A stark contrast from Roger “I do Minimal I do” Sanchez… Moved into the big room for some air at around 4am but it’s just too big a space for me to really get me grooving, although it does look lovely with the changes, also too many really sweaty people in their who just looked bizarrely overdressed – yes that’s you the group of hefty builder type blokes dressed as Bunny Girls, complete with tights, and extra fishnet tights, leotards, hot nylon wigs and copious amounts of make up sliding off your face, I really don’t want to cuddle you at all you big hairy lump of nylon and sweat – urghghghghghghgh!!! Back to ours around 5am for some minxy aftershow antics. At this point we were meant to be going to Rubber Ron’s birthday party for which 200 of his “closest friends” (WTF!) were flying in for – I figured at this point, around 12pm no one should see us out in public……. It was bad enough when the pool man turned up at 2pm to clean the bloody thing….. Everyone had gone by then and I was struggling with sleep so decided to just stay up and go straight through and sleep properly that night…… Got dragged out by Phil for food at 9.00pm struggled to eat the most disgusting pizza EVER – how the hell can you bugger up a veggie pizza I ask you

Sat 5/7
Villa cleaning day today, so off we went on a day trip down to San An Bay for our yearly Crazy Golf/Air Hockey and Pool tournament – its great fun when you still feel wobbly from the shenanigans from the previous days…. Villa Pup - Puma...
P7050076.jpg

Sun 6/7
BBQ/Pool day at ours. Pick up the boys around 1pm after one of my least successful shopping trips ever for food, due to my not so good Spanish/Butcher’s non existent English in Suma, I thought I had asked for 7 steaks but I actually got steak for 7 people, which turned out to be basically the back end of a cow for 26€ - quality!!
Things stayed quite sensible with sensible chat, good food from Daz the BBQ-er and GF the BBQ cleaner-out-er until around sunset when the music got louder and the minxy heads appeared. At around 11pm we decided to walk down to a newish bar next to the Barceló Hotel just down from us – called Budon – a sort of nicer Kuhmaras full of beds, hooker pipes, and little curtained off areas – wonderful bar – except I really don’t want to listen to Procal Harum – Whiter Shade of Pale whilst in the state we were in…..also a whiskey and soda means a whiskey and Tonic Water to the bar staff…. Urgh – vile!!!!!!! Still, in the state we were at this point rolling around beds and carpets like a bunch of battered hippies it hit the spot……. Stumbled back to the villa where we carried on until I became the voice of reason, along with Daz and retired before I had a heart attack…..

P7060009.jpg

Mon 7/7
Sorry – I have no recollection whatsoever of what happened on this day. :oops::oops::oops:

Tue 8/7
Night off from clubs and minxiness at this point I just wanted sleep and no music…. But was dragged out for food. Actually quite glad we did cos we had a walk along the promenade in San An Bay for sunset
P7080046.jpg

and got to Experience Linkers’ Bar – what a bunch of cnuts working in that place – see my other review on this place…..http://www.spotlight-forums.com/showthread.php?t=56154&page=2 :lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol:
Ended up having a pretty dire Chinese meal in San An – sort of expected it but at that point anything would have tasted nice…..

Wed 9/7
Off to Ibiza town to browse in Momo in Ibiza Town, we always buy something nice from here – well worth a look in for nice unusual housey stuff. Few drinks along the front where it was basically dead and the bar staff were literally like the old time share touts of days gone by, trying to drag you into their bars….. didn’t help that they were obviously on some form of stimulant and were manic and frantic and therefore probably putting off most people with their aggressive approach…… Got bored with people watching and the parades were tragic more than anything – the girls looked so miserable and it was like some sort of Mogodon March to be honest – no interest shown by the participants at all…. Wandered off into D’alt Villa for dinner at la Olive where as usual the food was beautifully cooked and well presented, Buffalo Mozzarella for me followed by fantastic lamb chops and Phil chose the Ham and Melon and the steak on pureed garlic mash, accompanied with the strongest house wine ever – 2 glasses later and I was struggling to see straight never mind negotiate the cobbled streets - stumbled into a lovely jewellery shop where I fell in love with a necklace which Phil bought for me for my impending birthday – was well chuffed – its beautiful !!!!
P7090052.jpg

Thu 9/7
Day round the pool, eating sensibly and anticipating a stonking night at F***k Me I’m Famous featuring Sharam….. Cannot wait!!!

Sort G/lists out and meet GF over at Mar Y Sol for some pre-clubbing drinks and minxiness – brilliant bar to start the night. Have a warm, fuzzy and euphoric walk over to Pacha – on arrival the Q’s were massive and at this point my heart sunk to my stomach – pleeeeease let the G/Lists work!!!!! Luckily they did so move on directly up to the roof terrace for a drink and a chill letting the euphoria wash over us until we were ready to hit that dance floor….. Guetta was playing when we got down there and we wondered if we had missed Sharam due to our minxiness in Ibiza Town – never mind, the music is very good – its uplifting, its hands in the air – people are shaking their asses in true Ibiza style – granted there was a layer of cheese lurking but it was Guetta, but to be frank made a great night we didn’t stop grinning on that dance floor all night, the only bad side was it was rammed – you could not walk anywhere – you couldn’t tell where the bar/dance floor ended or started – it took 10 mins to get to the ladies loos from the bar to the side of the DJ booth – it was quite frightening at times, however, we persevered and managed to locate a good sized dance floor spot which we shared with a great friendly Dutch group…… moved on upstairs again around 4am for some bits and bobs and a few photo opportunities and got to watch a man projectile vomit his stomach contents for about 10 mins as his thrills became a bit too much for him – the best bit was he did it just as Guetta had finished his set and come upstairs for some photo opportunities – couldn’t have timed it better for comedy value…… Headed on back to ours around 5am where more shenanigans ensued till daft o’clock and GF and I decided to drink a bottle of Herbias between us….. This was becoming the main part of the holiday after hours shenanigans – and to be honest more fun (but very expensive)…..

P7100065.jpg

Sat 12/7
We score!!!!!!!! Been dreading the “out of the villa by 11.00am” and having to drive around all day with suitcases sightseeing until our flight at midnight feeling battered and bruised and looking like a couple of refugees from a war torn country. Our villa owner had said he would check on what time the next set of visitors were due, and luckily for us –they had cancelled their stay, so we had the villa for a full extra day for free – result!!!! That really did help us on the road to recover and made for some serious relaxation without anything other than water, fruit and good food….. so very needed after 14 days of one day on, one day off for sleeping and eating……
P7080019.jpg

So all in all, a cracking holiday, despite all the changes with regards to Ibiza’s new clubbing laws, policies and procedures.

Also, after 10 visits to the island I can say yes Ibiza isn’t what it was, but then again nor am I - once you get that into your head and realise nothing stays the same and changes are inevitable, then you look to tailor your visit so that it meets the requirements you want for a bloody good Ibiza session.

I can honestly say after a good few years and a lot of visits under my belt that Ibiza wont be the annual pilgrimage it was to me, but its still on my list of places to visit, because now I appreciate that Ibiza is not all about the Superclubs and rip off warm-up bars, you can drink a shed load and not need a second mortgage, you just choose wisely and we had more fun in the smaller local bars than we have had in the sunset bars over the past few years, its just using your head and not being a lemming and doing what everybody else does - make your own Ibiza - its trial and error but its a lot of fun getting there....

Other things I did learn from this holiday…..
  • Myself and Daz were the voice of reason – Thank Dog for that!!!!
  • GF and Phil should never ever be left alone where afterhours are concerned – its last man standing!!
  • The four of us should never, never, never share a villa – 4 will go out but one of us will come back c/o www.bodybagairlines.com
  • Driving in Ibiza is just mad, indicators are optional and it’s ok to change your mind on a roundabout and cut across someone. Oh and roundabouts still flummox some drivers out there.
  • No one uses the brakes – they just take their foot off the accelerator - WTF!!
  • Never rely on G/Lists being sorted – it will f**k up at some point :lol::lol:
Christ I am knackered after this review.......:eek::eek::eek:

Last edited by a moderator:
So am i!!!!! Excellent read though and big respect to the Mexican, what an amazing tache!! I don't think I need to be Sherlock Holmes to work out that is GingerFreak!! (Please Puppy tell me i'm right and no offence meant if wrong but you can see where I am coming from!)

Brilliant review!! I think we have all been waiting for this, love the pics too, will there be more on FB? :lol:

We stayed at the Barcelo on our first holiday there, I remember the Budan Place, he used to make us laugh becasue he would wander in the hotel every night giving out cards yet we never went :lol: :lol:

So am i!!!!! Excellent read though and big respect to the Mexican, what an amazing tache!! I don't think I need to be Sherlock Holmes to work out that is GingerFreak!! (Please Puppy tell me i'm right and no offence meant if wrong but you can see where I am coming from!)

:lol::lol: Indeed - Le Freak Orange in his full glory - however that was week No 1 'Tache - Week 2 was more an Edwardian gentlemen about town....

He's the dogs dangly bits - if you are going to Ibiza you need a GF and Daz with you the worlds coolest/funniest people...... 8)8)8)

Absolutely fantastic read :D:D:D And great piccies too :D

I love how you always have the need to take random doggies photos on holiday too :lol:;)

Absolutely fantastic read :D:D:D And great piccies too :D

I love how you always have the need to take random doggies photos on holiday too :lol:;)

Its the law - ah Babs he was gorgeous - Puma, he was 2 and she had found him by the side of the road when he was a puppy - his mum had been knocked over and was barely alive and he was sitting with her crying......

I swear to god I was in tears - I didnt need to hear that when I was feeling tired and emotional I tell you,...... :spank:

Its the law - ah Babs he was gorgeous - Puma, he was 2 and she had found him by the side of the road when he was a puppy - his mum had been knocked over and was barely alive and he was sitting with her crying......

I swear to god I was in tears - I didnt need to hear that when I was feeling tired and emotional I tell you,...... :spank:

Ahh what a sad story :cry:

Awww :cry: I think I would have had to kidnap him ;)

:lol::lol: Indeed - Le Freak Orange in his full glory - however that was week No 1 'Tache - Week 2 was more an Edwardian gentlemen about town....

He's the dogs dangly bits - if you are going to Ibiza you need a GF and Daz with you the worlds coolest/funniest people...... 8)8)8)

I got a couple dodgy dvds (not mine found them in the flat from the previous owner:oops:!) with someone very similar looking but German!! :confused:

No he certainly does look a laugh and can imagine keeps the party well and truly going!!8)

Brilliant review!! I think we have all been waiting for this, love the pics too, will there be more on FB? :lol:

We stayed at the Barcelo on our first holiday there, I remember the Budan Place, he used to make us laugh becasue he would wander in the hotel every night giving out cards yet we never went :lol: :lol:

They're all up on FB babe - knock yourself out!!!! :lol::lol::lol:

Weird little fella Mr Budan wasnt he??? very in love with his self.... and very ethereal he seemed..... he looked a bit shocked when we turned up at nearly midnight - manic as hell after out few hours being minxy back at the villa....

I got a couple dodgy dvds (not mine found them in the flat from the previous owner:oops:!) with someone very similar looking but German!! :confused:

No he certainly does look a laugh and can imagine keeps the party well and truly going!!8)

:eek::eek: Strangely enough, he's out working in Germany at the moment - PMSL

Gingerfreak!!!!! Do you have anything to tell us about your "career" ??????

They're all up on FB babe - knock yourself out!!!! :lol::lol::lol:

Weird little fella Mr Budan wasnt he??? very in love with his self.... and very ethereal he seemed..... he looked a bit shocked when we turned up at nearly midnight - manic as hell after out few hours being minxy back at the villa....

Cool will have a look at 5 - FB is blocked the rest of the time except for at lunch and after 5 :rolleyes:

He was strange yeah, we used to laugh at the name Budan for some reason, probably because we were hammered on the AI :lol: We would be like oh no look its Buddaaaannnnn

I think he thought we fancied him too :lol: :lol:

Superb PL .... thoroughly enjoyed my last 5 mins reading that there ....;)
cracking pics to go .... Well done!

getting more excited about my trip now ..... roll on Aug 20th 8)

What a fab review PL!!!Must say I wasn't looking forward to the trip as much this year now after reading that I can't wait!!!!

All I can say is go with an open mind and tailor your holiday to suit you guys - that's what we did - when we found some lacking - we went on to devise something that would entertain us - its the beauty of that place.......8)

are you seriously suggesting that those boys picked a villa by pornolandia completely by coincidence?

are you seriously suggesting that those boys picked a villa by pornolandia completely by coincidence?

Pornolandia?????? Is that the villa or the fact that the area is next to disused Aqualandia and its used for more than say normal "watersports"??? Tell me more - PLEASE - now that MWG thinks GF could be a German porn star - maybe there's more to the booking than first meets the eye... :lol::lol::lol:

Back