Proposing to my GF .. Ideas ?

Chris Main

Hi,

I've been going to Ibiza annually since 2011 usually with a bunch of mates either for the opening parties or closing parties but this year going with my girlfriend of 10 years, staying in Cala Llonga for 2 weeks at the beginning of June.
Am pretty sure i'll propose during our stay, well this the plan anyways, but we are staying 2 nights in Formentera in our first week there and plan to do it there. I know Ibiza has plenty of quality spots for popping the question, but feel Formentera would be a bit special and somewhere that is neutral, considering I love Ibiza and she has never been before.

Does anyone have any recommendations to where I should stay in Formentera?

Any ideal spots in Formentera to propose?

Am looking for somewhere nice in Ibiza for dinner the Saturday night we get back from Formentera, was thinking Lio or Amante but if anywhere you think would be good let me know. And a beach club on the Sunday, was thinking Nikki Beach for that Champagne Brunch they do, but same again, any other ideas let me know. Just trying to plan ahead for a change ...

Cheers in advance

Can't help with Formentera locations but dinner wise Id say out of the two Amante would be ideal. Stunning location and basically in Cala Llonga too. I haven't done it but I know they offer a special table for two under a pagoda type thing if you really want to crank up the romance! Elsewhere you're in a prime location to explore up North and there's a great thread with loads of options on that too which you should track down. Have a good one.

in formentera, rent a scooter, drive down to cap de barbaria lighthouse for sunset, bring a bottle of champers and the ring, climb down into the cave close to the lighthouse (you'll find it) and sit on the rocks at the end of the cave and pop the question with the sunset. very clliché though I have to admit...but it's a beautiful place!

What about trying to time it for the moonrise in Formentera, perhaps up at Faro de la Mola?

Hi,

I've been going to Ibiza annually since 2011 usually with a bunch of mates either for the opening parties or closing parties but this year going with my girlfriend of 10 years, staying in Cala Llonga for 2 weeks at the beginning of June.
Am pretty sure i'll propose during our stay, well this the plan anyways, but we are staying 2 nights in Formentera in our first week there and plan to do it there. I know Ibiza has plenty of quality spots for popping the question, but feel Formentera would be a bit special and somewhere that is neutral, considering I love Ibiza and she has never been before.

Does anyone have any recommendations to where I should stay in Formentera?

Any ideal spots in Formentera to propose?

Am looking for somewhere nice in Ibiza for dinner the Saturday night we get back from Formentera, was thinking Lio or Amante but if anywhere you think would be good let me know. And a beach club on the Sunday, was thinking Nikki Beach for that Champagne Brunch they do, but same again, any other ideas let me know. Just trying to plan ahead for a change ...

Cheers in advance

Formentera can be a bit awkward for a 2 night stay as a lot of hotels prefer you to stay longer. That said im sure you will find somewhere. We have stayed at a few hotels and last year stayed at La Savina hostal which is right by the port. Staying again this year as it does the trick and is quite reasonably priced. http://www.hostal-lasavina.com/webapp/es/index.html . Its a good base and Formentera is fairly small so you can get around easily.

As for popping the question it depends if you want to keep it raw then i would suggest anywhere along Playa Mighorn beach. There are some great little coves and some cracking beach hut/bars where you can have a drink to celebrate.. Kiosk 62 , Piratabus and also more popular the blue bar. If you want to dine and ask her then id suggest Gecko.. http://www.thestylejunkies.com/portfolio/gecko-beach-club-hotel-formentera/. Again thats on Playa Mighorn and the food is fantastic and a lovely setting. Beso Beach club is good for a sunset also while your there. You can't lose either way.

Like your style, formentera is lovely. I prefer to stay there and get the ferry to ibiza for a few days in between.

If you don't go with Formentera, either La Torre D'es Savinar during sunset or the lookout point below it worked great for me.

Cheers guys for the replies, plenty of stuff to look into but will keep you's updated. I seen that a couple of hotels in Formentera are 3 night stay minimum but am happy with 2 days so will just have choose from what I can get.

What days do you think you will be in Formentera? Looking at maybe doing 2 nights also...thinking of June 14-16. Let me know what hotel/villa options you find please ;)

My friend and I went to Playa Illetes on Formentera last year. The part we arrived at had a few beach bars/restaurants and was quite busy but we kept walking along to the left and got to another long stretch part of the beach where there was literally nobody around. I've never seen sand like it, it was so white and the water was incredible. The sun set right in to the water (this was mid August) and you could see Es Vedra in the background. It was one of the most amazing sunsets I've ever seen! There were other people in the distance but you could easilly find a quiet spot. I thought at the time it would be the perfect spot for someone to propose! Good luck :)

Back