Proposal Advice!!!

JPW

I'm after some advice people. I've been to Ibiza every year for the last 11 years at least once per season, I've decided it's the right place to propose to my girlfriend this year :eek::eek:. In her own words she's not fallen in love with ibiza yet (she's only been a few times and only ever seen the clubbing side of it).

We're stopping in the Simbad in Talamanca, my (current) plan is to take her to Sa Punta on the first night and ask her then, I've never eaten there before, what do you think to it as a romantic restaurant and the right place to do it? Also apart from the 2/3 clubbing nights out which we'll definitely be doing what else can I do to make this a trip to remember???

We go on the 5th July for 6 nights and I'm starting to get worried!!! I'm 99% sure she's gonna say yes but want to make the whole break really special for her

I'm after some advice people. I've been to Ibiza every year for the last 11 years at least once per season, I've decided it's the right place to propose to my girlfriend this year :eek::eek:. In her own words she's not fallen in love with ibiza yet (she's only been a few times and only ever seen the clubbing side of it).

We're stopping in the Simbad in Talamanca, my (current) plan is to take her to Sa Punta on the first night and ask her then, I've never eaten there before, what do you think to it as a romantic restaurant and the right place to do it? Also apart from the 2/3 clubbing nights out which we'll definitely be doing what else can I do to make this a trip to remember???

We go on the 5th July for 6 nights and I'm starting to get worried!!! I'm 99% sure she's gonna say yes but want to make the whole break really special for her

How lovely :lol:

hot ballooning is a nice idea if you want to propose without an audience... Or horseriding perhaps?

There are some stunning beaches and little restaurants up the north of the island (check out the beaches section and maps on this website).

My favourite restaurant for all things romantic is this place - the best place to watch a sunset in my humble opinion
n689747720_1028777_5883.jpg

This is the unspoilt view you get.....
n689747720_1028780_9701.jpg

I can look out the phone number for you if you want? Its very quiet and chilled - not like the sunset strip....

If you have a car, you could always propose on the cliff above Cala d'hort. Bring a bottle of champagne with you and pop the question as the sun sets behind Es Vedra. It's absolutely gorgeous up there.

I produced the ring at La Torre....we had the whole upper terrace to ourselves at sunset one evening. Its very simple and natural there.

If you want something much more dramatic and romantic, the try Sa Capella. They even play organ music as the bring the ring to your table underneath a sparkler...

http://www.white-ibiza.com/ibiza-restaurant-sa-capella

Best of Luck

. In her own words she's not fallen in love with ibiza yet......

Nice, I hope she says yes 8) :lol:

Like Pups says, La Torre is nice and romantic. Anywhere with a nice sunset view (maybe not the strip) would be nice.

As you're staying in Talamanca, why not walk down into the port, and jump on the 10.00 am (could be 10.30 am) ferry to Formentera for the day, it leaves from in front of Cafe sydney, is only 2 minutes walk. A nice day on Illetes, She'd love that 8)

The best place I found on the island for a few romantic words was above it - yes I hired a plane (and a pilot, makes things safer) and when I did it a good few years ago it was only £60 for an hour flying around the beautiful island and diving low around Vedra was one hell of an experience.
Try contacting the local flying club or see if Bernard is still about:
Bernard Clavier <bernardclavi@mailcity.com> - bit of a nutter from France but a lovely bloke

Nice, I hope she says yes 8) :lol:

Like Pups says, La Torre is nice and romantic. Anywhere with a nice sunset view (maybe not the strip) would be nice.

As you're staying in Talamanca, why not walk down into the port, and jump on the 10.00 am (could be 10.30 am) ferry to Formentera for the day, it leaves from in front of Cafe sydney, is only 2 minutes walk. A nice day on Illetes, She'd love that 8)

Oh good one - the beaches are quiet so you could do a really nice picnic, champagne etc and find a quiet spot, I would have died a million deaths if phil had proposed to me in a public place..... :oops::lol::lol::lol::lol:

Well im already married, but if my hubby proposed to be at the bottom of Atlantis, I couldnt have said no! Lol. IF you can find it (and no im not going to tell you !!), its quite a climb so not for everybody, but I found it isolated, calm, beautiful and so romantic IMO.

HTH

I proposed to my wife in 2006. I kept it very simple with a proposal on our balcony in the Bellamar hotel at sunset with a cold bottle of champagne.
The simple use of the nature of the great sunset in Ibiza will work a treat with a nice located room looking over the sea at sunset :)

Proposed, she accepted and we've been married for 5 months since I posted this! Crikey doesn't time fly

Last edited by a moderator:
Hi,

Couple of questions?

1). Where is La Torre?
2). How do you get to the cliffs opposite Es Vedra?

Thanks

La Torre is at Cap Negret, which is just outside San Antonio.

You have to drive to Cala D'Hort which is next to Atlantis and the Cliffs that you speak of.

popped the question on a beach in ibiza last year bud, done the whole big heart shape in the sand with, will you marry me inside, had a chat with the hotel barman told him to pop down to the beach in 20mins with the champagne/glasses etc etc
nobody on the beach and it was fantastic .................

ps had done my own poem about the two of us over the last few years together [chessy yes, but chicks love that sort of thing and after all, its all about them lol lol]

good luck and im sure whatever you do it will be great

La Torre is at Cap Negret, which is just outside San Antonio.

You have to drive to Cala D'Hort which is next to Atlantis and the Cliffs that you speak of.

OK thanks, have been to Cala D'Hort once many years ago. From the car park it's pretty easy to get to the cliffs yeah?

OK thanks, have been to Cala D'Hort once many years ago. From the car park it's pretty easy to get to the cliffs yeah?

The Car Park in Cala Hort is tiny and usually jammed all the way back up the road. There are a few dirt caminos just before and after you take the turn for Cala Hort any one of them will lead you to the cliffs.

The watchtower cliffs are probably where you want to go, so take the next camino after the Cala Hort turn coming from San Jose.

Last year we got our own luxury yacht which took us around the island all day then ended the day moored outside Cafe Del Mar for the sunset drinking champagne. If I was gonna propose to my girlfriend I think thats what id like to do.

Back