Promoters Question

Some really useful information guys.

What would be the best way to get involved with another promoter? Work as a PR on the street and build it up from there?

i think you need to be clear what kind of party / night you are talking about. because teaming up with ppl who do a club night till 6am is quite different from people putting on an intimate party on a bar etc... depends where you are aiming at i guess

Well, I'd like to put on a Trance night in Brighton. Would love it to be a 'until 6am' afair, but I have to be reasonable here, as the night won't be busy for awhile.

A few of my friends have hosted their own Trance events over the last few years.

We have a pretty strong/big group that are often heading all over the country to big events together so when it came down to these events you could guarantee there would be a good turn out from friends alone as we knew the DJs playing and we'd be loving the music.

They always chose venues that were good enough to host the events and had all the set up but ones that were known for being quiet on certain nights so for the owner knowing they would be getting good numbers through the door was always a big selling point.

The guys that were running those events have now gone on to bigger things with one being a gatecrasher resident and others DJing on trance line ups dotted all over the UK.

Now some of the lads who used to go to the original events are running their own with the same group still attending as ever. I think you really do need to know a lot of people who are into the music style your trying to put across that would be willing to attend.

I'd get looking / joining as many facebook pages / groups for trance nights, potential venues etc now and starting to see what the potential is.

Back